Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Star Born?
(10-24-2022, 02:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Bengals better watch out, before you know it people will accuse their scouting department of improving, specifically as it pertains to picking up DTs from other teams.  Last year they landed BJ Hill and Larry Ogujobi, and now Tufele this year?

Really excited that Tufele is playing so well right out of the box, as I admittedly was a bit unsure of him when they picked him up.

Yes, been really crushing it finding top DT talent lately. Tufele just is so quick and uses his leverage so well.

This is a rare talent, saw him even about get a sack against the Falcons too, so he can be versatile and not just a 
run stopper.

(10-24-2022, 02:09 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Carter was better last game, but has been mostly terrible so far. 

Early days, though. 

Zach was MUCH better last game, MUCH better. Both in the run game and he was getting pressure in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, been really crushing it finding top DT talent lately. Tufele just is so quick and uses his leverage so well.

This is a rare talent, saw him even about get a sack against the Falcons too, so he can be versatile and not just a 
run stopper.

Zach was MUCH better last game, MUCH better. Both in the run game and he was getting pressure in the passing game.

Yep, that's why development is called a process. Bengals staff just doing a fantastic job at identifying talent in the mid-late rounds of the draft, and even scooping up talent that they had their eye on that was selected by other teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, that's why development is called a process. Bengals staff just doing a fantastic job at identifying talent in the mid-late rounds of the draft, and even scooping up talent that they had their eye on that was selected by other teams.

True. So many things going right at this moment. Good times, the coaching staff deserves lots of props for not only picking
out talent in the Draft but developing it. Hobby has done well with the DL specifically. Ossai is coming around, Carter is getting
better as a rookie, Tufele is ballin' etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, been really crushing it finding top DT talent lately. Tufele just is so quick and uses his leverage so well.

run stopper.

lol. I've been waiting to see this brought out of mothballs. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I was listening to the latest HTPG and it was mentioned that the Bengals loved Tufele in 2021 draft. When the 4th round started he was #1 on their board. The Jags kicked off the round by taking him. Obviously not a surprise that we claimed him when the Jags waived him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
pay da man!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:10 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I was listening to the latest HTPG and it was mentioned that the Bengals loved Tufele in 2021 draft. When the 4th round started he was #1 on their board. The Jags kicked off the round by taking him. Obviously not a surprise that we claimed him when the Jags waived him.

And it seems this is one they got right. It's early I know but we'll see ?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 01:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Shelving is horrendous he should honestly be waived. 

I'm willing to give the guy another shot now that his wrist is healed.  He wasn't far off what BJ Hill did, according to PFF, playing the same spot.  

Still a long way to go, and Tufele has been lights out.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2022, 01:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Someone said the Bengals wanted him, but JAX beat them to the punch, so they settled on Shelvin.

Yep, and Belichek was supposedly big on Shelvin, so maybe we could trade him to NE for a pick :)
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:10 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I was listening to the latest HTPG and it was mentioned that the Bengals loved Tufele in 2021 draft. When the 4th round started he was #1 on their board. The Jags kicked off the round by taking him. Obviously not a surprise that we claimed him when the Jags waived him.

Why did the Jags waive Tufele? Were they hoping to get him on their practice squad? 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: Why did the Jags waive Tufele? Were they hoping to get him on their practice squad? 

Great athlete but not a lot of experience (or maybe feel) for the technical side of the game. He didn't flash for the Jags the way he has for the Bengals but that kind of athletic ability and strength make teams keep you on a roster to develop. 

I'm guessing they wanted to get him on the PS. 

It seems like he's made some great improvements on the technical side. Better coaching? Personal improvement? Both? Either way, it looks like the Bengals are reaping the benefits of it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great athlete but not a lot of experience (or maybe feel) for the technical side of the game. He didn't flash for the Jags the way he has for the Bengals but that kind of athletic ability and strength make teams keep you on a roster to develop. 

It seems like he's made some great improvements on the technical side. Better coaching? Personal improvement? Both? Either way, it looks like the Bengals are reaping the benefits of it. 

New coaching staff with a new DC and scheme could have played a part. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Great athlete but not a lot of experience (or maybe feel) for the technical side of the game. He didn't flash for the Jags the way he has for the Bengals but that kind of athletic ability and strength make teams keep you on a roster to develop. 

Better team/chemistry/locker room and just is finally shining ?
Reply/Quote
He never stood a chance to develop under Urban and Jax last year. Great news is we have 2 more years (after this year) of his services.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:46 PM)Synric Wrote: New coaching staff with a new DC and scheme could have played a part. 

Could have been a better scheme fit with the Bengals, as the Jags run a 3-4.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. I've been waiting to see this brought out of mothballs. Ninja

Yer welcome. Ninja
Reply/Quote
It's like we got another first rounder for free and he's under contrat thru 24.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Better team/chemistry/locker room and just is finally shining ?

You know the Bengals love their Samoans.....
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: He never stood a chance to develop under Urban and Jax last year. Great news is we have 2 more years (after this year) of his services.

(10-26-2022, 01:27 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: It's like we got another first rounder for free and he's under contrat thru 24.

That is a bonus, with all of the other players up for contract in the next two offseasons.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 01:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know the Bengals love their Samoans.....

I've been hoping for the Bengals to acquire a Norwegian player that turned out to be unexpectedly good.

Then we could have a thread titled "A star is Bjorn"!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote