Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Concerning Reality
The Browns will get their first win under Hue Jackson in Cincinnati this week. The excuses from Marvin Lewis will include statements like, "We need to tackle better, take care of the football, stop committing so many penalties, and we need to make more plays."

Anyone else sick of this same old same old?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This game against the Pats was the bengals season. end of story. can't be done. blow it up.

https://youtu.be/TfAYz6p-mlw
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Browns will get their first win under Hue Jackson in Cincinnati this week.  The excuses from Marvin Lewis will include statements like, "We need to tackle better, take care of the football, stop committing so many penalties, and we need to make more plays."

Anyone else sick of this same old same old?

I'm so sick of Lewis I could puke. There's no way you can win in the NFL with a complete lack of discipline. This team is heading back to being a laughing stock.

The OC is a joke and our O-line coach is a clown, We're pitiful right now. And it's a shame for Andy, AJ and the few others trying.
Reply/Quote
Mike brown is not a winner. Never has been, never will be.

Why expect anything different from those directly underneath him?

Analyze all you want. 35 years now and no winners.

John elway is the total opposite of mike brown
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I'd like to thank Marvin and Mike for freeing up my Sundays for more fishing. This is perfect weather for crappie fishing, glad I won't waste another Sunday!

Saturday is football day.....GO BUCKEYES!
Reply/Quote
I wish I could get into college football. Not sure I have the guts to give up football on Sundays yet, especially with winter coming, nothing else to do, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:21 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Team has regressed sadly. Be lucky to even make the playoffs.

I said in another thread people forget what we lost this offseason and still expect the Bengals to play like a 12-4 team from a year ago.

New OC
5 new position coaches
All new WR corp save for AJ
New RT who is basically a rookie
played 3 games without Burfict
played 6 games without Eifert....so far

On top of that have played 

Jets in NY on anniversary of 9/11
at PIT
defending SB champs DEN
Short week to a primetime game on a Thurs
and NE at home in Brady's first game back

Why does the fact that the Bengals are having a tough time surprise anyone?
Reply/Quote
We lose all of the decent coaches we have (Zimmer, Gruden, Hue) and maintain/promote coaches who shouldn't be.

Unless someone flips a switch on the current coaching staff, we might be stuck in some dark times for a while. You can't convince me that the players are the issue anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: I said in another thread people forget what we lost this offseason and still expect the Bengals to play like a 12-4 team from a year ago.

New OC
5 new position coaches

at PIT
defending SB champs DEN

That's the point. I don't think it does surprise anyone. at least i'm not surprised. you can't beat playoff teams no biz in making the playoffs imo.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't surprise me at all. I just don't see things improving all that much this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin is now 1-6 against the Pat's and 29-50 (including playoffs) against the 5 most successful AFC teams - in terms of RS and PO wins - during his 13+ years here.

Those 5 teams (who comprise the AFC SB representatives for the past 13 years) and Marvin's record against them (including playoffs):

Ravens (16-10)
Steelers (8-21)
Colts (2-6)
Broncos (2-7)
Patriots (1-6)

Ouch. What a brutal and telling stat. With how the schedule softens up, I could see 9-7 out of this bunch, but it's clear that they're still pretenders as usual. Plus they now have significant problems to address this off-season. Including 4/5ths of the oline and the secondary. 

Not to mention we have problems in the coaching staff. Paul Alexander needs fired yesterday, Zampese is looking like the weak hire most of us thought he was, Marv is Marv, etc etc.

I hate to say it, but the end is nigh for this group. Yet another wasted core of talented players. Time for reboot 3.0? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If you were a Browns fan, what's the purpose of watching the rest of the season?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you were a Browns fan, what's the purpose of watching the rest of the season?

what is your point?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: I said in another thread people forget what we lost this offseason and still expect the Bengals to play like a 12-4 team from a year ago.

New OC
5 new position coaches

at PIT
defending SB champs DEN

All just a bag of excuses.

Real Problem = Marvin Lewis and complete lack of discipline and accountability
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you were a Browns fan, what's the purpose of watching the rest of the season?

You have a young team with a promising head coach, and there is nowhere to go but up. 

With Cincy it's just this sinking feeling that we've seen the best that this staff can do, and nothing will change. 
Reply/Quote

New OC
5 new position coaches

at PIT
defending SB champs DEN

Just speaking more in general than this particular season...but I hope that the day will come, sometime in the near future, when we as Bengals fans are left with something besides infinite excuses. I hope the day will come when, instead of explaining things away year after year...we can actually talk about winning playoff games, overcoming adversity and obstacles, consistently competing with the best, and leaving the excuses to other teams. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Unfortunately, if's and but's don't show up in the win column. 

I get what you are saying but there seems to be a frustrating amount of obvious penalties that are being missed on the other side. I know that this team has problems but the NFL does the Bengals no favors at all.  From the always starting on the road, to the ridiculous scheduling. I mean play at Dallas then fly halfway across the country to New England for homecoming week. That really sucks!

It is just frustrating. We stop Brady so we go into halftime with a 7-3 lead, perfect right?  Nope , they call the biggest bailout of them all; Illegal contact. That would be fine if they called it consistently all day, but when I am watching the Bengals on offense all I see is Malcom Butler holding A.J. Green's hand all the way down the field. Hell, if it was in Kentucky, Butler would have to marry him for all that touching. 

You add all this up with some of the most baffling play calling in NFL history, mix it in with a head coach that looks like he took a mixed drink from Bill Cosby for most of the game and you get a 2-4 record and a nasty hangover at work every Monday morning. 

I wish Mike Brown owned the company I work for so I could just call in every Monday and not get fired.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:35 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I get what you are saying but there seems to be a frustrating amount of obvious penalties that are being missed on the other side. I know that this team has problems but the NFL does the Bengals no favors at all.  From the always starting on the road, to the ridiculous scheduling. I mean play at Dallas then fly halfway across the country to New England for homecoming week. That really sucks!

It is just frustrating. We stop Brady so we go into halftime with a 7-3 lead, perfect right?  Nope , they call the biggest bailout of them all; Illegal contact. That would be fine if they called it consistently all day, but when I am watching the Bengals on offense all I see is Malcom Butler holding A.J. Green's hand all the way down the field. Hell, if it was in Kentucky, Butler would have to marry him for all that touching. 

You add all this up with some of the most baffling play calling in NFL history, mix it in with a head coach that looks like he took a mixed drink from Bill Cosby for most of the game and you get a 2-4 record and a nasty hangover at work every Monday morning. 

I wish Mike Brown owned the company I work for so I could just call in every Monday and not get fired.

I get what you're saying...but even taking into account bad officiating, bad calls, bad breaks, bad bounces, bad luck, bad mojo, bad sushi, bad whatever...the losses have been by 8, 12, 14 and 18 points. At the end of the day, that's on the Bengals coaches and players. The Bengals aren't the only team in the league that has to deal with adversity, obstacles and 'bad' things happening.
Reply/Quote
Wow! We gave up 210 yards receiving to TEs today, even though we knew full well that we absolutely had to cover these two guys.

Here's what Gunther looked like when preparing for this game:

[Image: why-internet-marketers-fail.png]

Now, I don't have an actual picture of him, but this must have been the pose he took when doing his game planning. I mean it must have looked an awful lot like this picture. It just had to.

Here's how Marv sees things:

[Image: horse-blinders1-300x200.jpg]

I couldn't figure out what pose Paul Alexander must have been in all season long when doing his game planning, but it must have been something like only a** sticking out and doing all his thinking and talking for him.

Reply/Quote
How about those half time adjustments. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote