Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Concerning Reality
(10-16-2016, 06:35 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I get what you are saying but there seems to be a frustrating amount of obvious penalties that are being missed on the other side. I know that this team has problems but the NFL does the Bengals no favors at all.  From the always starting on the road, to the ridiculous scheduling. I mean play at Dallas then fly halfway across the country to New England for homecoming week. That really sucks!

It is just frustrating. We stop Brady so we go into halftime with a 7-3 lead, perfect right?  Nope , they call the biggest bailout of them all; Illegal contact. That would be fine if they called it consistently all day, but when I am watching the Bengals on offense all I see is Malcom Butler holding A.J. Green's hand all the way down the field. Hell, if it was in Kentucky, Butler would have to marry him for all that touching. 

You add all this up with some of the most baffling play calling in NFL history, mix it in with a head coach that looks like he took a mixed drink from Bill Cosby for most of the game and you get a 2-4 record and a nasty hangover at work every Monday morning. 

I wish Mike Brown owned the company I work for so I could just call in every Monday and not get fired.
I dont think they are cousins.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Browns will get their first win under Hue Jackson in Cincinnati this week.  The excuses from Marvin Lewis will include statements like, "We need to tackle better, take care of the football, stop committing so many penalties, and we need to make more plays."

Anyone else sick of this same old same old?

For some reason the Browns beat us up. So this will be the game Eifert comes back only to get hurt again. Hope im wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How about those half time adjustments.  ThumbsUp

As always of late it's been working wonderfully....for the opposing team.

Is it killer instinct?....or lack of mostly.

Is it playing prevent when we are up 7? ....the conservative play in the league needs to go away.

Bad calls, agreed. Every team this season has had a bunch. 

Offense isn't great and the Defense has been non-existent in the past two games. 

...to me, it falls on coaching. 

Ogbuehi benched... it was a real mess. 

Turning point for today imo:
The Dalton sack in the endzone...Andy needs to know better than that...needed to be aware a little more of his surroundings....just bad.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have 6 or 7 new contributors on this team that were either drafted just this year, first time starting, or came from a different. On top that we have 3 new position coaches on D and a new offensive coordinator who is new at calling plays. That's a huge adjustment for any team to overcome. Also were still slow at LB, center still sucks, and we still need a pure edge rusher at the End spot.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:42 PM)J24 Wrote: We have 6 or 7 new contributors on this team that were either drafted just this year, first time starting, or came from a different. On top that we have 3 new position coaches on D and a new offensive coordinator who is new at calling plays. That's a huge adjustment for any team to overcome.  Also were still slow at LB, center still sucks, and we still need a pure edge rusher at the End spot.

And with all that said, our biggest liability is the guy who is in charge of the whole thing.  I'll give you a hint: he loves blank stares, clapping and giggles. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin is now 1-6 against the Pat's and 29-50 (including playoffs) against the 5 most successful AFC teams - in terms of RS and PO wins - during his 13+ years here.

Those 5 teams (who comprise the AFC SB representatives for the past 13 years) and Marvin's record against them (including playoffs):

Ravens (16-10)
Steelers (8-21)
Colts (2-6)
Broncos (2-7)
Patriots (1-6)

That statistic is enough to make me hit the sauce.  That's a combined 29-50.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That statistic is enough to make me hit the sauce.  That's a combined 29-50.

can't win When it Matters. That's just the way it is. you know now why dillon threw his pads into the stands. it got him a superbowl ring somehow......
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:17 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: You have a young team with a promising head coach, and there is nowhere to go but up. 

With Cincy it's just this sinking feeling that we've seen the best that this staff can do, and nothing will change. 

Your answer was what I was thinking too, why am I wasting time watching the Bengals this year? lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Your answer was what I was thinking too, why am I wasting time watching the Bengals this year? lol.

got something better to do? then do it. don't ask.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:07 PM)WildCat Wrote: can't win When it Matters. That's just the way it is. you know now why dillon threw his pads into the stands. it got him a superbowl ring somehow......

Absolutely, you have teams in all sports like it and we're one of the NFL's ones. We just do not have a culture of winning and never have. Bigger and better organisations can go from zero to dominant mostly because they're better run, but partly because they've done it all before too.

The Chiefs imo are kinda like the Bengals. Both have been good teams in recent years, and although the Chiefs got their playoff win last season, you just know they will not be going all the way. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So far this season, the Bengals have had 4 shots to beat a team with a winning record. The results:

0-4 record
Outscored 64-116
Held to 17 points or less in all 4
Allowed 28 or more in the last 3

Do you know what button that equates to Mike Brown pushing in regards to Marvin Lewis?

[Image: word-extension-on-keyboard-rs112054237.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:13 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Absolutely, you have teams in all sports like it and we're one of the NFL's ones. We just do not have a culture of winning and never have. Bigger and better organisations can go from zero to dominant mostly because they're better run, but partly because they've done it all before too.

The Chiefs imo are kinda like the Bengals. Both have been good teams in recent years, and although the Chiefs got their playoff win last season, you just know they will not be going all the way. 

correct. except organization is how it's spelled. we won't not for some time. eff the chiefs i hate them their fans are more smug than steeler fans.. eff 'em!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:22 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: ...to me, it falls on coaching. 

See and thats a problem that isn't fixable, we know Marvin isn't going anywhere and also have seen this type of playing from the Bengals under Lewis  with completely different coaches and players. It's Marvin's fingerprints everywhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Little tings here or there haven't gone our way; its been luck, coaching, refs, a whole combination of things.

2 of the losses were truly because we were beaten down.

The other two, there was too much bullshit, not to mention that we were in both games until the relative end (hell, one of them, we were leading until under 10 left in the 4th). If things go our way in both those games, we're 4-2 instead and in great shape.

Sorry, until we go 9-7/8-8, not giving up on this team because truly, anything can happen in any given week.

I'm not an angry, negative person like most people here.
You're just a sweetheart :heart:
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:17 PM)WildCat Wrote: correct. except organization is how it's spelled. we won't not for some time. eff the chiefs i hate them their fans are more smug than steeler fans.. eff 'em!

Not in England, my friend Wink  Heck no to using the 'zee'
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:22 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: As always of late it's been working wonderfully....for the opposing team.

Is it killer instinct?....or lack of mostly.

Is it playing prevent when we are up 7? ....the conservative play in the league needs to go away.

Bad calls, agreed. Every team this season has had a bunch. 

Offense isn't great and the Defense has been non-existent in the past two games. 

...to me, it falls on coaching. 

Ogbuehi benched... it was a real mess. 

Turning point for today imo:
The Dalton sack in the endzone...Andy needs to know better than that...needed to be aware a little more of his surroundings....just bad.

I agree that that was the turning point. But it was a delayed blitz and seemed to catch Dalton completely by surprise. It happens. The OL didn't even see Hightower.

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis said all the things that are not working for this team are easy to fix. Well tell me when are you going to fix it because the team is now 2-4. Our O line is really bad, running game stinks, secondary filled with first round picks is playing poorly. The team has zero discipline, and zero coaching. To top it all off they were projected as a playoff team, and people say they are top 5 in talented players on the team. Just goes to show all the talent with no coaching equals losses.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: I said in another thread people forget what we lost this offseason and still expect the Bengals to play like a 12-4 team from a year ago.

New OC
5 new position coaches
All new WR corp save for AJ
New RT who is basically a rookie
played 3 games without Burfict
played 6 games without Eifert....so far

On top of that have played 

Jets in NY on anniversary of 9/11
at PIT
defending SB champs DEN
Short week to a primetime game on a Thurs
and NE at home in Brady's first game back

Why does the fact that the Bengals are having a tough time surprise anyone?

Didn't expect them to be the same team. I did expect them to compete. That's not even showing 
Reply/Quote
Boys....the effort and the intensity was there today.  A little fire in the belly was nice to see.  Two things contributed to this loss mainly.....

We haven't covered a TE since Moby Dick was a minner....

....and the coaching on offense.  We lost Big Mo early with that playcalling on the goal line....finally go Jumbo....Peko whiffs on a block....and the o line struggled again. Bodine was standing straight up....at least Johnson was firing out low.  It got better with Winston too.  Zeitler struggled...saw Boling whiff a bad one.  Bottom line....PA sucks and Zampese is in over his head.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How about those half time adjustments.  ThumbsUp

Yup.....Belichicks staff made some good ones.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote