Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Win That Comes With A Steep Price
It was hard to watch the look on his face in the cart. It got even worse in the tunnel.

He's a difference maker when healthy, but football ain't his calling.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Was tough watching him breakdown once he was off the field. They don't realize the camera is still on them. Must be the most frustrating thing in the world.
Reply/Quote
I would retire If I was him. Given his back problems, its a no brainer
Reply/Quote
Heart breaks for him. Just plain terrible luck. If he fights to come back again props to him, but can imagine him hanging them up before something worse happens.
Reply/Quote
Bengals "What If" HOF

Greg Cook
Ickey Woods
Ki-Jana Carter
David Pollack
Odell Thurman
Jordan Shipley
Chris Henry
Tyler Eifert

Did i miss anyone Sad

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: A lot will depend on how bad the injury actually was as opposed to how bad it looked. Looks can be decieving especially injuries. I remember how bad Palmers knee looked and thought he'd never play again and yet he did.
If it's just broken bones they can heal but if too many tendons are shreaded it'll probably be a whole different nasty story.. I really hope he heals up well. 
If I were him I'd give up, but the mindset of pro athletes is quite different from your average weekend backyard player.. 

A dislocation, which is most likely, or break that put the foot in that position had to involve shredding some of the soft tissue

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:22 PM)jason Wrote: It was hard to watch the look on his face in the cart. It got even worse in the tunnel.

He's a difference maker when healthy, but football ain't his calling.

Yes it was

I feel really sorry for the guy, he's a pro bowl talent just awesome TE. His body is just to frail for the NFL.

Good luck Tyler in whatever's next.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:30 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Bengals "What If" HOF

Greg Cook
Ickey Woods
Ki-Jana Carter
David Pollack
Odell Thurman
Jordan Shipley
Chris Henry
Tyler Eifert

Did i miss anyone Sad

Dennis Weathersby and Kenny Irons.  And I think I might add Stanley Wilson too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
gruesome injury.

However , based on previous threads on the board i'm not sure anyone really thought we would ever get a full season from Eifert.

it sucks but always assumed Kroft and Uzomah would have to step up this year as previous...
Reply/Quote
I felt really bad for Eifert. I'm just glad someone stepped up (Andy, Boyd and Green) to win the game for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:30 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Bengals "What If" HOF

Greg Cook
Ickey Woods
Ki-Jana Carter
David Pollack
Odell Thurman
Jordan Shipley
Chris Henry
Tyler Eifert

Did i miss anyone Sad

Ki Jana had enough time to prove he just wasnt going to be anything special.  Did his knee injury play a role?  Probably but so many players come back from that injury to have a great career.  He was just too fragile in general

Pollack injury stings.  He started slow but was just starting to come around when he got hurt.  I think he may have been good

Odell hurts too.  He was a great player as a rookie but just too big of a bone head to stay out of trouble.  I was really excited to see what kind of career he couldve had

Shipley was a nice player but not gonna be a star

Henry had multiple chances.  Unlikely he ever wouldve put it all together before his death

Tyler Eifert hurts too.  Just a suplreme talent and red zone threat but like Ki jana, way too fragile
Reply/Quote
Why do people keep saying fragile? The injury today can happen to anyone, it was a freak injury. I get he has the reputation, but today wasn’t due to his own body.

Kind of insulting really.
Reply/Quote
I feel so sorry for him. He just has horrible luck. If I was him I’d retire. I’m glad the Bengals didn’t give him a long contract.
Reply/Quote
definitely feel bad for the dude....he looked to have put all that horrible past bad stuff behind him....
I had stepped out for a moment and did not see the play nor do I want to....the guy now needs to focus on his quality of life after retirement. Nasty injuries to elbow, neck and now this. IM good with Kroft, Uzomah and Schreck....Draft another tight end next yr and move on. Good luck to Eifert
Reply/Quote
Its nice to have a really good pass catching tight end. But im starting to think its not worth it. Everytime eifert caught the ball this year the defense is going for the kill shot. Lighting up his back or in this case going for the ankles. Theres no other way to tackle him. Just his body type. Hes too good. Too good to be true in our case and his case. Feel terrible for him. Sucks to have something so special to be dangled in front of you and snatched away by the universe. He was a really special talent and i hope he wins a super bowl this year on the bench, cause he deserves it.
Reply/Quote
I'm gutted for the guy. It's so sad that such a young man has been through so much trauma to his body. If this really is the end of his football career, what a shitty way to have it end. I wish him well.
Reply/Quote
I was totally wrong about TE. I thought that it was a terrible signing and didn’t think he would last a game. He looked the best that he has in quite some time. That injury had nothing to do with being broken down. I really hope that this wasn’t career ending, he seems like a good dude.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 05:51 PM)thillan Wrote: Hate to say it, but idk about him being ok. His ankle was twisted out entirely. It was nasty.

Sad loss.

As bad as it was, it wasn't nearly as bad as several others i've seen. If i never see Gordon Hayward's injury again, i'll be happy. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If you guys wanna see a really gruesome football injury, google Napoleon Kaufman. Worse than Theismann.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think T. Eifert should rehab and contemplate retirement. He's too injury prone and it'll be in his head.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote