Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A chance we trade up?
I dont like the idea of trading up. A huge part of our current (regular season Sad ) success has been based on the draft. We've been praised for letting picks fall onto our lap and we've generally drafted great.

Depends what we give up and who we get of course, I'd just rather we stick with what has obviously worked for us, which is our draft record.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 10:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We traded up to get Bodine in the fourth round.

As far as the first round I am guessing when we took Kijana Carter back n the 90's.

Should have clarified. I meant in the 1st round.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
have seen more speculation we trade down to get more picks than trade up
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 01:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have seen more speculation we trade down to get more picks than trade up

I would see that more than trading up. Our three biggest positions of need (DT, WR and arguably about even at CB/LB), there's not a lot of difference in the talent late in the first through midway through the second. And even some good players projected to go third. I would think it more likely we dropped back in the first and picked up a couple extra picks instead of losing picks and trading up to go for a guy you can probably get at the end of the round anyway.
Reply/Quote
I think coleman is better than treadwell. I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason I don't like the look of treadwell.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 06:12 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think coleman is better than treadwell.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason I don't like the look of treadwell.

Idk about Coleman. I don't like drafting baylor WRs early just because they really don't run too many complex routes. It's mostly go routes.
Reply/Quote
I like treadwell but no way I move up for him. If he's there when we pick, I say take him, only if will fuller has been taken already.

I take fuller over treadwell. With fuller, you have someone that can stretch the field. Guy is quick with good hands.

Want a deep threat on the other side of AJ? Draft will fuller.

My WR ranks are as so.

1. Fuller
2. Treadwell
3. Doctson
4. Miller
5. Coleman.

Coleman at the bottom due to lack of Route knowledge
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 07:24 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: I like treadwell but no way I move up for him. If he's there when we pick, I say take him, only if will fuller has been taken already.

I take fuller over treadwell. With fuller, you have someone that can stretch the field. Guy is quick with good hands.

Want a deep threat on the other side of AJ? Draft will fuller.

My WR ranks are as so.

1. Fuller
2. Treadwell
3. Doctson
4. Miller
5. Coleman.

Coleman at the bottom due to lack of Route knowledge

Mine goes as:

1. Josh Doctson
2. Corey Coleman
3. Laquon Treadwell
4. Sterling Shepard
5. Will Fuller
6. Braxton Miller
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 09:32 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Mine goes as:

1. Josh Doctson
2. Corey Coleman
3. Laquon Treadwell
4. Sterling Shepard
5. Will Fuller
6. Braxton Miller

1. Doctson
2. Treadwell
3. Coleman
4. Fuller
5. Shepard
6. Boyd
7. Miller
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 07:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Idk about Coleman. I don't like drafting baylor WRs early just because they really don't run too many complex routes. It's mostly go routes.

I kind of agree. Coleman is my favorite prospect, but I have my obvious hesitations about him. He does have a limited route tree and he'll have to get used to giving 100% on every play. However, his speed and shiftiness is so damn tempting.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 06:12 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think coleman is better than treadwell.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but for some reason I don't like the look of treadwell.
 I think Treadwell is going to drop.   Of the top 3 (Treadwell, Coleman and Doctson) I think Treadwell is the guy that will be  there at 24.  Teams want speed in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 03:37 PM)milksheikh Wrote: A chance we trade up?

No
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 10:30 AM)3wt Wrote:  I think Treadwell is going to drop.   Of the top 3 (Treadwell, Coleman and Doctson) I think Treadwell is the guy that will be  there at 24.  Teams want speed in the first round.

Treadwell is special

Lots of teams will have big regrets if he drops to 24.

grab him in 1 and the kid from Ok in round 2.

If we sign Dansby we do not need a LB until later
Reply/Quote