Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Defenses: 2015
(07-09-2015, 02:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was an aberration. Don't expect it again.

an aberration is one or two game......not a whole season
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 12:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You wonder why people can't take you seriously when I pointed out in the previous post that it was 45, yet you once again post more than once that it was only 40.  

(07-09-2015, 12:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And 20+ yard runs are good runs, but I wouldn't call them big runs.

Let's see....NFL, ESPN, FOX, CBS sports...just about all media and statitical sites consider them big.
Who really cares what YOU think or call a big run?!?
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 04:58 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Let's see....NFL, ESPN, FOX, CBS sports...just about all  media and statitical sites consider them big.
Who really cares what YOU think or call a big run?!?

What's big about them?

Great blocking can get you to the second level and easily pick-up a 20 yard run, which means anyone that's just not super-slow could do it, so what's special about that?

Sure, he did it more than any other player, but he also had the 4th-best run blocking line.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 05:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What's big about them?

Great blocking can get you to the second level and easily pick-up a 20 yard run, which means anyone that's just not super-slow could do it, so what's special about that?

Sure, he did it more than any other player, but he also had the 4th-best run blocking line.

and DeMarco Murray had the 2nd best run blocking line, yet he had less than Forsett despite carrying the ball 160 more times.

Looking at that, I think it's safe to say the difference between the Ravens 4th best and Bengals 6th best isn't what led to more than twice as many big runs for Forsett.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2015, 02:59 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: an aberration is one or two game......not a whole season

Actually, it can be either. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2015, 09:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I assumed he was trying to ram the ball down our throats but they realized it was futile and just stopped. He had 10 carried to Giovani's 16, so it's not like they didn't try with him before giving up. So what, he got 25 yards on those 10 carries? Our run D was good. I'm guessing any attempts next season will be similar to Bell's inability this season.

Also, why would we need to double cover Green? That's what Jimmy Smith is for.

I could have sworn Hill did not start until very late in the season.

The Ravens had a stout run defense. Will they in 2015 is up in the air? Ngata is a beast and trying an analogy of he missed 4 games a year ago and saw no drop off is failed logic. There is a big difference of 16 games versus 4 and then there is that injury thingy that could come into play and the Ravens don't have 2 Ngata's on the roster ready to be all pro.

Atkins missed the last 5 games of 2013 and our defense played well without him those games. In 2014, the DL looked much worse and why our ranking went to 22nd.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 04:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could have sworn Hill did not start until very late in the season.

The Ravens had a stout run defense. Will they in 2015 is up in the air? Ngata is a beast and trying an analogy of he missed 4 games a year ago and saw no drop off is failed logic. There is a big difference of 16 games versus 4 and then there is that injury thingy that could come into play and the Ravens don't have 2 Ngata's on the roster ready to be all pro.

Atkins missed the last 5 games of 2013 and our defense played well without him those games. In 2014, the DL looked much worse and why our ranking went to 22nd.

No one is saying that Williams or Jernigan will be Ngata.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote