Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A contrast of 2 wide receivers

For the life of me I don't understand why "leader of men" Mike Tomlin always puts up with crap like this from his WRs. Flash back to his total lack of effort on the fumble in the earlier Bengals game. He promise it would never happen again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The funny thing is, the instances mentioned in your post were from two DIFFERENT punk ass Steelers WRs. LOL
Reply/Quote
Last night, even the QB for the Seattle was running up the field (at least twice) to block for runners. The half-hearted effort from the Steelers WRs is worthy of the fans' anger. I suppose they'd been hammered enough in the media that they will show a new commitment on Saturday, but that team has been major dysfunctional in recent weeks.
Reply/Quote
All 3 of our starting WR’s are willing blockers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:41 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The funny thing is, the instances mentioned in your post were from two DIFFERENT punk ass Steelers WRs. LOL

I would have sworn the earlier play was Pickens...was it Johnson? That means Tomlin has a WR room problem not just a player problem.  If Tomlin really wants to send a message to his team, he would bench Pickens.  He lets his WRs get away with too much.  And their WR coach should be looking for a new job.

Zac always comes across as a nice guy but I can't imagine any of our WRs getting away with the crap they get away with in Pitt.

Reply/Quote
They’ve had some serious issues with their WRs starting with Brown.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:50 PM)pally Wrote: I would have sworn the earlier play was Pickens...was it Johnson? That means Tomlin has a WR room problem not just a player problem.  If Tomlin really wants to send a message to his team, he would bench Pickens.  He lets his WRs get away with too much.  And their WR coach should be looking for a new job.

Zac always comes across as a nice guy but I can't imagine any of our WRs getting away with the crap they get away with in Pitt.

Yep it was Johnson on the fumble. If you watch those two, especially Pickens, these aren’t a couple isolated incidents. They both act like complete fools, Pickens especially, play after play and game after game.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 11:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yep it was Johnson on the fumble. If you watch those two, especially Pickens, these aren’t a couple isolated incidents. They both act like complete fools, Pickens especially, play after play and game after game.

TJ Watt was interviewed by Rich Eisen in the pre-game prep before the Colt's game.  He essentially said the offense doesn't like to practice.  They don't have that leader on offense

Zac's 1st requirement for the players he drafts is that they must love to play football.  Then he loves picking up team captains and coach's kids. Tomlin seems to be able to pick those types of players for his defense but is lost when it comes to the offensive players.   He also doesn't seem to have a coaching staff that anyone else wants.  Does he have ANY coaching tree?  After 16 years, someone who is constantly called one of the best coaches in the NFL should have produced at least 1 head coach.

The Steelers right now are reminding me a lot of Marvin's final years

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 02:31 PM)pally Wrote: TJ Watt was interviewed by Rich Eisen in the pre-game prep before the Colt's game.  He essentially said the offense doesn't like to practice.  They don't have that leader on offense

Zac's 1st requirement for the players he drafts is that they must love to play football.  Then he loves picking up team captains and coach's kids. Tomlin seems to be able to pick those types of players for his defense but is lost when it comes to the offensive players.   He also doesn't seem to have a coaching staff that anyone else wants.  Does he have ANY coaching tree?  After 16 years, someone who is constantly called one of the best coaches in the NFL should have produced at least 1 head coach.

Bruce Arians off the top of my head was in Pittsburgh.

Edit... I just googled it and Arians predates Tomlin. Mike Tomlin fired him... Todd Haley appears to be it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 02:51 PM)jason Wrote: Bruce Arians off the top of my head was in Pittsburgh.

hired by Cowher and fired or forced out by Tomlin

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: hired by Cowher and fired or forced out by Tomlin

Yep. I saw that after I originally posted.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 02:31 PM)pally Wrote: TJ Watt was interviewed by Rich Eisen in the pre-game prep before the Colt's game.  He essentially said the offense doesn't like to practice.  They don't have that leader on offense

Yep

The Squeelers are on that slippery downhill slope and it's hard to stop it at this point.

Rebuild time
Reply/Quote
It seems like the Steelers WRs have had problems not always in performance but attitude for years now. I'm not sure who allows it or fosters that attitude but it does indeed reflect poorly on the head coach.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 03:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Rebuild time

We can only hope.

I also hope they're able to rebuild as fast as the Bengals were able to do so in the 90s. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I can’t imagine that endearing him to team mates and fans at all. A really crappy look. Everyone sees those short steps on a footy field and then they have to wear that for ever.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine Hines Ward tolerating these guys. And TJ must be pissed to say that on TV.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Not surprised one bit. The Steelers have been drafting players of low character for years and no longer have the locker room leaders to pull them all together, anymore. Tomlin is a figurehead who got a ring off of the roster and culture Cowher created and that has steadily eroded in the years since.
Reply/Quote
I’m not a Steeler fan or even like any of their players but even i can tell Pickett or Pickens has to be gone next year

That kid is horrible for team chemistry and culture. Would never want him here until he gets more mature
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I just got home and turned on the TV and the NFL channel was on from GMFB when I left this morning. The Bengals and Vikings game was on replay. It was late first quarter. Of course I dozed off on the couch but awoke and it was late in the third. Saw Tee Higgins TD and reach over the pylon. I’ve seen it countless times but this was the first time I noticed he had the incredible savvy and talent to switch the ball to the other hand and bend over the pylon.Hes a difference maker and I don’t know if we keep him but that play made him a boat load of money. Those plays are the difference in super bowls and conference titles.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Of course tee likes blocking, he knocks em dead
Reply/Quote