Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A contrast of 2 wide receivers
(12-21-2023, 10:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's one way to look at the situation.  However, I see a Bengals team that seems to be pulling themselves together after losing their franchise QB for the season.  How have they been able to come together and rally behind Jake Browning?  Most likely by focusing on themselves and matters pertaining to within the team.  Seems like just last year when everyone was spewing that 'Burrowhead Stadium' bullshit that the Bengals Superbowl hopes crashed and burned.  My opinion is that the Bengals should not be commenting on issues on rival clubs, and just stay focused on the mission at hand, beating said rival team.

Good Post
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 11:14 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Locker room quotes don't seem to be a thing anymore.  And, if what TB said is their motivation, it's coming from way the wrong place and is tepid, at best.

I don't see any miracles here with these Steelers.  I always felt that their first mistake was crowning Picket the heir apparent to Ben R.  Thatin previous drafts t was a bad draft for QBs.  Plus, they waited too long from previous drafts where they could have let a QB observe before handing them the starting QB role.

I've always felt Tomlin had Cowher's team.  And, as much as the media like Tomlin, I never felt he lived up to the hype.

I like the comparison to Marvin's last years here and Tomlin now.  Lots of similarities.

We (the Bengals) finally learned that character matters.  Now, the long process of rebuilding the Steelers can begin, if they want it to.  How many times had we heard Marvin say that he was starting again, and never really did?

Do the rebuild now or extend the misery.

Personally, I don't think this game is close.  But, as they say, any given Sunday.

You were right with only one statement the game was not close. 

They didn't play on Sunday.

Who is rebuilding? Sqealers 4 - 1 in division; Bengals 0 -5 in division.

Character??? OL Jackson Carman???
[Image: FYiOl5rX0AIi8Rj?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote