Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A cool map showing the Bengals popularity
https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/twitter-map-nfl-fans/amp
Would you guys agree with this? I just discovered this, pretty cool. Bengals fanbase goes well into the whole state of Kentucky.
Reply/Quote
I disagree. First off they don't have me here in Washington and secondly, Pittsburgh's fan base is everywhere.
Reply/Quote
Look at Montana at how many different fanbases are out there.
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of Steelers fans in Ohio.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are a lot of Steelers fans in Ohio.

Steeler bandwagoners are everywhere. 

Especially in every states jails and  penitentiary systems. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are a lot of Steelers fans in Ohio.

Bastards! Deport to WV.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 03:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bastards! Deport to WV.

They tried.  WV said hell no.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Steeler bandwagoners are everywhere. 

I can see why, though.  I grew up in the 80s outside of Pittsburgh and I became a Celtics fan because we had no NBA team so it was pretty much pretending the Cleveland Cavaliers were local or going with one of the marquee brands in the Celtics or Lakers.  People from that area who are a few years younger than me happen to mostly be Bulls fans.

It makes sense.  Maybe if the Bengals ever put a decent product on the market more people will buy it.
Reply/Quote
Denver with half the country area wise. A little chunk of Sou Cal probably has more people than Denver's whole area.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Cool to look at, but relies off of Twitter users. My area is very rural, that doesn't seem to reflect the bumper stickers around here.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:53 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Steeler bandwagoners are everywhere. 

Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Makes me wonder what 'scientific method' was used to establish this map. I suspect the scientific method has a lot to do with the science behind photo shop and not much more..
Here in Columbia SC I've seen a lot of both Bengals and Squeelers bumper stickers and not many Panthers stickers.. The same science that determines the embossing patterns on toilet paper.. Yey..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I’m sure there’s a relation between number of Super Bowls won and fan base size.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can see why, though.  I grew up in the 80s outside of Pittsburgh and I became a Celtics fan because we had no NBA team so it was pretty much pretending the Cleveland Cavaliers were local or going with one of the marquee brands in the Celtics or Lakers.  People from that area who are a few years younger than me happen to mostly be Bulls fans.

It makes sense.  Maybe if the Bengals ever put a decent product on the market more people will buy it.

What about the Sixers?

Mike says winning a title is too expensive.  He doesn't believe in spend money to make money, only in make money to make money.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:58 PM)McC Wrote: What about the Sixers?

Mike says winning a title is too expensive.  He doesn't believe in spend money to make money, only in make money to make money.

Oh man, nothing in Philly is acceptable to anyone outside of Philly.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh man, nothing in Philly is acceptable to anyone outside of Philly.

I did not know that.  They are an island unto themselves, eh?  Or are they more Jersey?  The accent is very Jersey.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:08 PM)McC Wrote: I did not know that.  They are an island unto themselves, eh?  Or are they more Jersey?  The accent is very Jersey.

Well, PA is so wide that Philly is as close to Pittsburgh as Cincy is, pretty much.  I never really bought into the whole being a fan of something just because that's where I happened to be from, though.  I'm odd like that.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, PA is so wide that Philly is as close to Pittsburgh as Cincy is, pretty much.  I never really bought into the whole being a fan of something just because that's where I happened to be from, though.  I'm odd like that.

With me, it was becoming a fan of what my dad was.  I was the only Bengal/Reds/Bearcats fan in upstate NY.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, PA is so wide that Philly is as close to Pittsburgh as Cincy is, pretty much.  I never really bought into the whole being a fan of something just because that's where I happened to be from, though.  I'm odd like that.

Well however you do it, your system of picking teams seems flawed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well however you do it, your system of picking teams seems flawed.

Hey, the Celtics have won a lot of titles.

Reply/Quote