Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of things
1. Burfict - ive seen the fanbase start to turn on Burfict lately. They are even saying we are better without him,and im 50/ 50 on it myself. In the interview when he came back he said that his suspension was a vacation he enjoyed. And that hit me like really burfict? He kind of had a arrogant demeanor in the interview to me. Fast forward he starts missing tackles and looking winded and slow. Like what the hell why wasnt you training hard anymore like you used too. I kind of get the idea he doesnt want to play here anymore.

If you think about it he came into the league and he had to prove himself to be worthy of starting and getting paid. He accompllished that. Since then the Nfl has picked on him and fined the heck out of him,suspended him for the littlest of infractions. Then Bengals move on from his best buddy on the team Pacman. I feel for him that hes probably just fed up of the crooked nfl and the refs are against him and the bengals. But at the same time youre not in shape to help this team. The refs will suspend him again in the near future. Hes a valuable piece on a team ,maybe its time to just trade him before the deadline for something good. And hes my favorite player. It just seems we are at the end with him and he dont want to be here anymore.

2. Marvin and mike make me go oh yeah thats why i hate you guys. We started off the season looking like a playoff team winner. But when injuries and adversity hits we look terrible. Offense really dropped and that was our strength..and our coaches motto is change nothing and try to just get better magically.

James Rapien on twitter did mention they tried trading mccaron last year at the deadline so he says that info that they dont trade is false. Well that was for draft picks not players. I dont remember receiving a player midseason. But i guess they are capable of surprising us. I can tell the interest and faith in the bengals on facebook has dropped big time. And they did a fan interest graph on CJ and it dropped big time. I just hope again if we fail to make it,marvin is gone. Also do you think pitt wont add a corner by the deadline? They will trust me,and theres a few out there. And we play them last game of the season. I know that game will have playoff implications.
Reply/Quote
Burfict isn't even trying on some plays. Dudes jawing with Kelce as the running back runs behind him. Standing around and giving up on plays. What message does that send to a young team? I've been a Vontaze fan from day one, but those are offenses that could get him cut and maybe should. He'd sit as a FA too, his play and drama wouldn't entice many suitors
Reply/Quote
There is never an excuse as a paid professional not to hustle every play. People crush Dre but at least I see him fighting and trying. Burfict doesn't appear to care. Now I hope he turns it around, but his attitude and body language has been putrid.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 06:18 AM)Brimey Wrote: There is never an excuse as a paid professional not to hustle every play. People crush Dre but at least I see him fighting and trying. Burfict doesn't appear to care. Now I hope he turns it around, but his attitude and body language has been putrid.

I agree
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 06:16 AM)Brimey Wrote: Burfict isn't even trying on some plays. Dudes jawing with Kelce as the running back runs behind him. Standing around and giving up on plays. What message does that send to a young team? I've been a Vontaze fan from day one, but those are offenses that could get him cut and maybe should. He'd sit as a FA too, his play and drama wouldn't entice many suitors

Someone put some stats before that we play better when Burfict is out (suspended or hurt) than when he is on the team. He must be a curse. His 1st & 2nd season might have been his only good ones. He's been 6 yrs with us.
Reply/Quote
Vb is the best linebacker on this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 03:04 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Vb is the best linebacker on this team.

Yep. But the narrative that he’s fat and sucks has gained too much traction to be stopped at this point.

Reply/Quote
Since the start of 2014 Burfict has played in 39 of 72 games. That’s counting him as missing this Sunday’s game but think about that. He currently has a random injury and every player has those. You have to worry about suspensions for dirty play, suspensions for drugs, a concussion history that has had him not finish some of those 39 games and you have the random injuries that is a risk with all players. He has played in 54% of the games over the last 5 years and concussioned himself out of a few of those games. He’s a half a season player, full of drama. He has to play his way back into shape during the season. He just isn’t committed to his team and teammates. His talent has never been questioned. Why commit to someone that won’t commit to you? That never works in any aspect of life. Marvin? Everyone knows that he should have been fired like 3-4 different times by now, just a Mikey thing.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 03:04 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Vb is the best linebacker on this team.

(10-27-2018, 03:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. But the narrative that he’s fat and sucks has gained too much traction to be stopped at this point.

Is he or isn't he is a fair question in 2018. Burfict has looked lost at times in the new defense. He's struggling in coverage and hasn't made an impact against the run.

Right now...Nick Vigil is the best linebacker on the team and Jordan Evans has flashed but has also made mistakes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 03:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Is he or isn't he is a fair question in 2018. Burfict has looked lost at times in the new defense. He's struggling in coverage and hasn't made an impact against the run.

Right now...Nick Vigil is the best linebacker on the team and Jordan Evans has flashed but has also made mistakes.

That says everything you need to know about this defense. I live Vigil but he cannot be the best LB you have or you are in trouble.
Reply/Quote
Like I said earlier, and to reiterate, my issue without a Burfict isn't even his performance (which has been subpar for an 11 million dollar a year 4-3 backer). It's his lack of effort. His little remark about enjoying vacation. Jawing while plays are going on. Standing and watching plays. That's happening. He makes about 700,000 dollars a game. That's over 10k a defensive snap. Go to the whistle dude. Michael Johnson is 31 with wear and tear and he at least gives his all. Watch the Sam Hubbard TD play and watch Vontaze stand around while the guy blocking him races towards the end zone in an attempt to tackle Hubbard. It's about effort. Dunlap gives that effort. If Hubbard fumbles Vontaze is in zero position to do anything. Rant over.
Reply/Quote
Rant not over. One other thing. A dude like MJ has a roster spot because he's a great example for the young guys. Going to the whistle, continuing to fight and claw, is what makes average talent guys good players.

I'm not sure what the cap hit would be or anything like that, but if I'm Marvin, I pull Vontaze into my office and tell him he has a chance to be a leader and show effort or if he doesn't have that in him anymore he can go clean out his locker. Hopefully this was addressed in the team meeting, because I think this team needs 55, but needs him actually trying to go 100 %. I'm not sure what Vontaze has left in his tank, but the only way to know is if he's playing hard and smart. And I'm not seeing it.

And the excuse that he was suspended for 4 games so he needs to play his way back to form dont fly for me. JJ Watt didn't play for two years with serious injuries and is playing his butt off every down and being a leader and superstar for Houston. You're a professional. Show up and play.

Ok I swear. Rant over.
Reply/Quote

That says more negative about the state of our LB's than it does positive of Burfict.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are going to have to get a couple upper tier LBers this off season. Draft one in the top rounds and go get a real top shelf FA. Perhaps Burfict's replacement will be in there ?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 04:24 PM)Brimey Wrote: Like I said earlier, and to reiterate, my issue without a Burfict isn't even his performance (which has been subpar for an 11 million dollar a year 4-3 backer). It's his lack of effort. His little remark about enjoying vacation. Jawing while plays are going on. Standing and watching plays. That's happening. He makes about 700,000 dollars a game. That's over 10k a defensive snap. Go to the whistle dude. Michael Johnson is 31 with wear and tear and he at least gives his all. Watch the Sam Hubbard TD play and watch Vontaze stand around while the guy blocking him races towards the end zone in an attempt to tackle Hubbard. It's about effort. Dunlap gives that effort. If Hubbard fumbles Vontaze is in zero position to do anything. Rant over.

I don't think Vontaze "enjoyed his vacation" like he said he did. I suspect he was sitting home seething while watching the games. That little remark was aimed at the league office. I think he is very frustrated at this point that he cannot play the game under the same set of rules as everyone else, and that at this point, his fault or not, he gets suspended for sneezing.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think Vontaze "enjoyed his vacation" like he said he did. I suspect he was sitting home seething while watching the games. That little remark was aimed at the league office. I think he is very frustrated at this point that he cannot play the game under the same set of rules as everyone else, and that at this point, his fault or not, he gets suspended for sneezing.

That is my interpretation, as well.  If the league is looking to break his spirit, it would appear as they are doing a fine job of it.  The man was meant to play at one speed;  Wide Open.  If you make someone like that attempt to throttle back, they're just not themselves.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can honestly see Burfict splitting for the XFL. He and some other defensive players around the league. I think the XFL people will have a way easier time getting some bigger name D guys to try it out under the new environment in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is my interpretation, as well.  If the league is looking to break his spirit, it would appear as they are doing a fine job of it.  The man was meant to play at one speed;  Wide Open.  If you make someone like that attempt to throttle back, they're just not themselves.

Playing wide open doesn't require twisting ankles on the ground or hitting guys in the balls after the play.  And that is the shit that has put him under the microscope.  Those types of actions are why they can't/won't be giving the benefit of doubt when it comes to leading with the helmet or unnecessary roughness calls.

I don't think anyone in the front office is asking him to not play hard from snap to whistle, but they are definitely going to continue to monitor that the hits are prior to the whistle in the proper strike zone to players who are not vulnerable.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Playing wide open doesn't require twisting ankles on the ground or hitting guys in the balls after the play.  And that is the shit that has put him under the microscope.  Those types of actions are why they can't/won't be giving the benefit of doubt when it comes to leading with the helmet or unnecessary roughness calls.

I don't think anyone in the front office is asking him to not play hard from snap to whistle, but they are definitely going to continue to monitor that the hits are prior to the whistle in the proper strike zone to players who are not vulnerable.

Both of those instances were early in his career. He quit doing that kind of stuff a long time ago. The league cannot justifiably punish him for it indefinitely.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Both of those instances were early in his career. He quit doing that kind of stuff a long time ago. The league cannot justifiably punish him for it indefinitely.

He did it again just last week.

Twisting the RBs ankle on the ground, that is.  I was stunned they didn't flag it.
Reply/Quote