Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple things
1. I love vontaze burfict and I don't care who knows it. I want to scream it from the top of a mountain for everyone to hear. But I don't have a mountain, I have this message board. I love you vontaze burfict. Never change.

2. It's time to put this notion that AJ Mccarron is an NFL starter to bed. He is not and will never be a successful starter in this league. A first round pick will never happen. And any team(s) that "offered" a second round pick are fools. Hot garbage against hot garbage defenders. Anyone that disagrees can make like a hockey team and get the puck out of here!

There I said it and now I feel better.

Reply/Quote
Yep. I agree with both.

McCarron isn't a guy that would go to a team such as the Jets and turn them into a playoff contender.

Put him on the Patriots or a team like that and I think he could get them to the playoffs but that's about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:46 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: 1. I love vontaze burfict and I don't care who knows it. I want to scream it from the top of a mountain for everyone to hear. But I don't have a mountain, I have this message board. I love you vontaze burfict. Never change.

2. It's time to put this notion that AJ Mccarron is an NFL starter to bed. He is not and will never be a successful starter in this league. A first round pick will never happen. And any team(s) that "offered" a second round pick are fools. Hot garbage against hot garbage defenders. Anyone that disagrees can make like a hockey team and get the puck out of here!

There I said it and now I feel better.

I don't necessarily disagree but he was also throwing to hot garbage.... The pick in the red zone was the receivers fault.  
Reply/Quote
It's tough to evaluate because the defenders aren't as good either.

I tend to think that our receiver depth is better than other teams DB depth.
Reply/Quote
I think McCarron is still definitely capable of being a quality starter in the league.. I'm not gonna let one preseason game change that...

I don't necessarily think he's gonna be a top 5 QB but he's definitely able to be a top 16 QB in the league if put in the right place.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I don't know. I see him being a bottom 1/3 of the league starter. The teams that need QB's are generally bad teams which makes it tough to succeed.
Reply/Quote
Lets be honest, he's better than 5-6 starters in this league. He's one of the top back ups and we should have unloaded this past offseason.

With that being said, I would take him over "Smokin" Jay Cutler in Miami and Blake Bortles in Jacksonville.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
AJ's trade value has tanked. They suddenly valued the backup Qb spot when assessing his trade value. This team went with Josh Johnson for years as Daltons backup, and seemingly didn't think twice about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I will weigh on Burfict. He's down in his weight and has a nose for the ball and knows that defense better than anyone! The only problem is, he may be addicted to concussions. I guess we'll see what they find out tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:17 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I will weigh on Burfict.  He's down in his weight and has a nose for the ball and knows that defense better than anyone!  The only problem is, he may be addicted to concussions.  I guess we'll see what they find out tomorrow.

not even in concussion protocol is what i heard on radio
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:53 PM)ah5 Wrote: I don't necessarily disagree but he was also throwing to hot garbage.... The pick in the red zone was the receivers fault.  

Um... how was the pick the receiver's fault? 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 10:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. I agree with both.

McCarron isn't a guy that would go to a team such as the Jets and turn them into a playoff contender.

Put him on the Patriots or a team like that and I think he could get them to the playoffs but that's about it.

He dosent have to be the guy, the Jets or whoever just need to think he is.
Reply/Quote
LOL....my question too!  He led him too far....threw one a mile high....got a grounding call.  He didn't look very good out there today.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:32 PM)ben_lewtas9 Wrote: Um... how was the pick the receiver's fault? 

I think the receiver was being held if I remember the play correctly.
Reply/Quote
He did look bad tonight. Wonder if he's trying to hard to not get injured. He just looked lame. But he's won games for us before.
Reply/Quote
The hold on the receiver would not have prevented the INT, as McCarron almost literally threw it to the defender.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:43 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He did look bad tonight. Wonder if he's trying to hard to not get injured. He just looked lame. But he's won games for us before.

He looked good for a series or two against Tampa....otherwise he's been rather underwhelming.  I'm liking the Driskel kid...very nice strike to Kermit Whitfield too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: He looked good for a series or two against Tampa....otherwise he's been rather underwhelming.  I'm liking the Driskel kid...very nice strike to Kermit Whitfield too.

Driskell has looked better than McCarron this preseason, but he still needs to work on touch passing. 
Reply/Quote
If AJM was hot garbage, then Andy was slightly less hot garbage. But in Andy's defense, he was playing against number 1s on D. However in AJMs defense he was playing with second stringers.

Also that interception by AJM should have been a PI. If the wr was not held, at the worst was an incompletion.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 11:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: The hold on the receiver would not have prevented the INT, as McCarron almost literally threw it to the defender.

k, it must have been another play i was thinking of. I will have to watch the game again, just not sure i can bring myself to watch past the 1st quarter.
Reply/Quote