Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-16-2024, 02:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is that the nickname for Amen Ra St. Brown? Lol

Not to be confused with his brother, Equanimeous, whose nickname is No Good 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3years 75M seems like a good deal for Tee. Last year maybe make it so we can cut him for nothing or just put performance incentives in the deal.

I know it’s messed up to put injury requirements in a contract because no one TRIES to get hurt but maybe put stat requirements that are kinda easy to reach if you play all the game s
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 02:02 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: KC has an awesome defense as well….and a very good o line.  Mahomes had a lot of help

Something we can better invest without without extending Higgins, yeah? 
Reply/Quote
If we are paying a receiver not named chase it better be Jj…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 08:20 PM)Housh Wrote: 3years 75M seems like a good deal for Tee. Last year maybe make it so we can cut him for nothing or just put performance incentives in the deal.

I know it’s messed up to put injury requirements in a contract because no one TRIES to get hurt but maybe put stat requirements that are kinda easy to reach if you play all the game s

Higgins is not worth 3 and 75.  St. Brown is.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 01:40 AM)pulses Wrote: Higgins is not worth 3 and 75.  St. Brown is.

Correct. Tee is not on the level of St. Brown or AJ Brown (also $25m avg).

Reply/Quote
Over the last 3 and 4 years, Tee is 25th and 20th in total yards. The 20th WR by AAV last year made 15M a year. I'd set Tee's max at 20M per year. If he doesn't agree to that they have to decide whether to tag and trade or tag, play and lose him in 2025. Chase is the only one of the two that you should be willing to "overpay" due to the market.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 06:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sun God is reportedly close to signing a 3 year deal $25m per.

He may not be the best WR in the league, but I'd say he's the most consistent and reliable... 100 yards and TD seemingly every week. So now we can see where Higgins should slot in below that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: You are NEVER gonna pay Tee 25M per and be mad that you did it, outside of him being injured.

Think about it.

If we have Tee the next 3-7 years and he never got injured you would probably view 25M per as a DISCOUNT.

The ONLY reason you'd be against paying Tee is his availability.

When he plays hes a #1. Every game Jamarr Chase is injured, Tee turns into a MONSTER.

Im sorry but I want that monster on the team. If its a bad deal in 3 years so be it. Itll look like a great deal when its 17-24 the bad guys, and Tee catches a jumpball over 2 people and ties it up.

Here is the positive about not signing Tee, quality college WRs are now becoming more and more abundant in draft espeically #2 type Wrs which Tee is on this team, what is hard to replace or draft are Oline and DTs, that is where we need to spend money on over next couple years. I agree Tee showed up well with Chase out but if you base it on games per year, you are talking about less than 2 games a year average ( 5 total games), plus the amount of snaps Higgins has been out , it just does not warrant paying a #2 that much money.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2024, 05:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here is the positive about not signing Tee,  quality college WRs are now becoming  more and more abundant in draft espeically #2 type Wrs which Tee is on this team, what is hard to replace or draft are Oline and DTs, that is where we need to spend money on over next couple years.  I agree Tee showed up well with Chase out but if you base it on games per year, you are talking about less than 2 games a year average ( 5 total games), plus the amount of snaps Higgins has been out , it just does not warrant paying a #2 that much money.

It's basically:

Option 1:
Keep Tee
Use 2nd Round pick on any position
Have $22 million less cap space

Option 2:
Let Tee go.
Use 2nd Round pick on WR.
Have $22 million to spend on any positions
Maybe get a draft pick or compensatory pick later

Option 3:
Franchise tag
Less cap space
Draft wr
Gives another year to see how young wrs progress. And if Tee is healthy.

Probably Option 2 leads to a better team.
Reply/Quote
Many people around the league expect the #Bengals to franchise tag star receiver Tee Higgins and let Tyler Boyd hit free agency, via ESPN.

Ja'Marr Chase is also expected to receive an extension.

https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1760002425212064085?s=20
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all of the memories Boyd. Your drops this past season were frustrating but gonna miss you.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 08:02 AM)Trademark Wrote: Many people around the league expect the #Bengals to franchise tag star receiver Tee Higgins and let Tyler Boyd hit free agency, via ESPN.

Ja'Marr Chase is also expected to receive an extension.

https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1760002425212064085?s=20

I expect Higgins to get a payday elsewhere

Best of luck to both though
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2024, 06:22 PM)Housh Wrote: You are NEVER gonna pay Tee 25M per and be mad that you did it, outside of him being injured.

Think about it.

If we have Tee the next 3-7 years and he never got injured you would probably view 25M per as a DISCOUNT.

The ONLY reason you'd be against paying Tee is his availability.

When he plays hes a #1. Every game Jamarr Chase is injured, Tee turns into a MONSTER.

Im sorry but I want that monster on the team. If its a bad deal in 3 years so be it. Itll look like a great deal when its 17-24 the bad guys, and Tee catches a jumpball over 2 people and ties it up.

His effort at times times year was not up for 25 mil

With Burrow there is no reason to Pay 2 #"1s"  its just a luxury
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 01:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's basically:

Option 1:
Keep Tee

Option 2:
Let Tee go.

Option 3:
Franchise tag
Less cap space
Draft wr

Yep, I love Tee and wish him the best but Option 2 looks like the best move for the team to me...
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2024, 01:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's basically:

Option 1:
Keep Tee

Option 2:
Let Tee go.

Option 3:
Franchise tag
Less cap space
Draft wr

I haven't reviewed the entire thread, so maybe this has been dismissed, but isn't there a realistic Option 4?

Option 4: 
Franchise tag, but trade before the draft, ideally for a first-round pick, which can then be used on a WR.

Tyreek Hill was traded by the Chiefs to the Dolphins for a 1st, a 2nd, two 4ths, and a 6th. Couldn't Higgins merit a late first-round pick (or early 2nd), which can be used for WR in this upcoming draft, where there are so many good WRs.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 03:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: I haven't reviewed the entire thread, so maybe this has been dismissed, but isn't there a realistic Option 4?

Option 4: 
Franchise tag, but trade before the draft, ideally for a first-round pick, which can then be used on a WR.

Tyreek Hill was traded by the Chiefs to the Dolphins for a 1st, a 2nd, two 4ths, and a 6th. Couldn't Higgins merit a late first-round pick (or early 2nd), which can be used for WR in this upcoming draft, where there are so many good WRs.

Well, I love that option probably the most, I just find it unrealistic as this team doesn't make trades before the Draft often if ever but...

We have seen a lot of things that have been different over the last 3 years or so.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 03:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: I haven't reviewed the entire thread, so maybe this has been dismissed, but isn't there a realistic Option 4?

Option 4: 

I would take a high 2nd and 5th for Tee and several teams would do it...
Reply/Quote

Option 4: 

Option 4 is the best.  Someone will give a 1st round pick for Tee.  The problem with option 4 is Tee would need to sign the tag before the Bengals could trade him.  Tee could wait until after the draft to sign the tag so the Bengals would lose out on the pick this year.   Of course the Bengals would still benefit next year with an additional 1st round draft pick which would still be better than getting nothing for Tee if they just let him walk as a free agent.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 12:47 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Option 4 is the best.  Someone will give a 1st round pick for Tee.  The problem with option 4 is Tee would need to sign the tag before the Bengals could trade him.  Tee could wait until after the draft to sign the tag so the Bengals would lose out on the pick this year.   Of course the Bengals would still benefit next year with an additional 1st round draft pick which would still be better than getting nothing for Tee if they just let him walk as a free agent.

It would all depend upon a team reaching out to both the Bengals and Tee's agent, and all parties involved reaching an agreement in principle. I'm not sure what their particular cap situation is, but the Titans could definitely use a WR, and Tee is originally from Oak Ridge TN.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote