Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A good perspective of giving Tee the big money extention
(02-14-2024, 08:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bucs won the SB in 2020, not 2021. Godwin was on the final year of his 4yr/$3.3m rookie contract in 2020.

I was a year off on that, good catch.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 08:06 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jeez, WTF are you looking at?    

This was simply a reply to a question regarding a team having an expensive QB and 2 expensive WRS, this entire counter argument is not valid whatsoever. 

The 50% number you used earlier makes no sense to me, all of these replies by you and others comparing the playing ability of the receivers has ZERO to do with the conversation.

This isnt difficult, in Perotta's example he showed:

Year 1:  9.9% difference
Year 2: 9.15% difference
Year 3:  0.35% difference

These are similar enough to have the conversation.  If you want them to be within 1-2% every year that's on you and that's odd due to the changing emphasis of the cap and numerous other reasons over the last 17 years.  Some variance must be allowed.  

30 is 150% of 20. So that's a 50% increase. Math.

That's an enormous difference and it's not similar at all. You're just handwaving away an entire 1/10th of the salary cap.

The Bengals with JUST Joe Burrow on his current contract ($46.25m cap hit in 2025) and Ja'Marr Chase on his 5th year option ($21.67m) is ~$67.9m cap hit on a $260m projected cap. That already put them at 26.1% WITHOUT Tee Higgins. So I am not sure what Andre Perotta is getting for his numbers there, but regardless it already puts them ahead of the Colts even before Tee Higgins, so no, it's not similar enough.

I am not asking 1-2%, I never said 1-2% (that's your own addition) but you can't just hand wave away an entire 1/10th of the cap as being close enough. Even the 2025 Bengals vs the 2007 Colts are still more than 5% below.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 08:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 30 is 150% of 20. So that's a 50% increase. Math.

That's an enormous difference and it's not similar at all. You're just handwaving away an entire 1/10th of the salary cap.

The Bengals with JUST Joe Burrow on his current contract ($46.25m cap hit in 2025) and Ja'Marr Chase on his 5th year option ($21.67m) is ~$67.9m cap hit on a $260m projected cap. That already put them at 26.1% WITHOUT Tee Higgins. So I am not sure what Andre Perotta is getting for his numbers there, but regardless it already puts them ahead of the Colts even before Tee Higgins, so no, it's not similar enough.

I am not asking 1-2%, I never said 1-2% (that's your own addition) but you can't just hand wave away an entire 1/10th of the cap as being close enough. Even the 2025 Bengals vs the 2007 Colts are still more than 5% below.

30 is 150% of 20.... what math are you talking about?    What is the 30? what is the 20?   

The comparison is 9% the first 2 years and dead on in year 3.  If you think that 9% is so horrific just say that, the rest of these comments make no sense, ie: Higgins vs "old" Wayne, and "contract structures and who we can cut"... like what does that matter?

1/10th of the cap.... OMG it is is not 1/100th of the cap. I cant just wave it away?  Why not?  BTW, I didnt, Perotta did, but it makes sense. 

It is beyond anally critical to think they should be within a couple percentage points when the entire premise is simply an expensive QB and 2 expensive WRs.  Why cant you grasp this?  

Perotta backs up his numbers in his tweets and he is waaay better than anyone one this site regarding the salary cap.  

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 08:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 30 is 150% of 20.... what math are you talking about?    What is the 30? what is the 20?   

The comparison is 9% the first 2 years and dead on in year 3.  If you think that 9% is so horrific just say that, the rest of these comments make no sense, ie: Higgins vs "old" Wayne, and "contract structures and who we can cut"... like what does that matter?

1/10th of the cap.... OMG it is is not 1/100th of the cap. I cant just wave it away?  Why not?  BTW, I didnt, Perotta did, but it makes sense. 

It is beyond anally critical to think they should be within a couple percentage points when the entire premise is simply an expensive QB and 2 expensive WRs.  Why cant you grasp this?  

Perotta backs up his numbers in his tweets and he is waaay better than anyone one this site regarding the salary cap.  

I probably should have known better to try to keep engaging after how rudely you came at another poster while you were 100% wrong, so I'm going to let you just cool off and wish you a good night.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 09:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I probably should have known better to try to keep engaging after how rudely you came at another poster while you were 100% wrong, so I'm going to let you just cool off and wish you a good night.

You dont like the 9% comparison, why cant you just say that?  Why inject some crazy 50% number, player abilities, contract structures?  Why do you insist on going totally off topic?

Some random poster asked if an expensive QB and 2 expensive WRs won a SB, and some compatibles were made. You didnt like those for some reason and went down multiple rabbit holes.  Not sure Bigzo and 007 help your credibility.   

Reply/Quote
If we trade Tee then should it be for another player or a bunch of draft picks.

For Example Carolina offers you the 33rd pick + 102nd pick for Tee or would you rather have Derrick Brown for Tee?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 08:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 30 is 150% of 20.... what math are you talking about?    What is the 30? what is the 20?   

Leonard is right you have a tendancy to attack other posters and are kinda rude about it more than you think....others have a right to their opinion whether they are right or not doesn't matter.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:17 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: The only argument for keeping Tee is to delay an inevitable KC  signing. That’s it.

Mahones just won with assberries at WR. Is Burrow Him or not?
KC has an awesome defense as well….and a very good o line.  Mahomes had a lot of help
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 02:02 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: KC has an awesome defense as well….and a very good o line.  Mahomes had a lot of help

They have a very good interior offensive line. Their tackles are terrible. Especially in that Super Bowl.

Their defense was indeed extremely nasty though. Especially McDuffie and Chris Jones. Spags is also one of the best DC’s of all time at this point. Took down the 18- 0 Patriots, and has 4 rings and counting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 01:37 AM)pulses Wrote: Harrison and Wayne never made anywhere near 20-25 a year.....i don't think Manning even did till later on in his career......but nice try.

(02-13-2024, 01:53 AM)casear2727 Wrote: What an uninformed reply.  It isnt the dollar amount it is the percentage of the cap.  Seriously, how do you miss this?   Their Big 3 took up nearly 30% of their cap which is the same as Burrow, Tee and Chase would if all were given deals.   Dollar amount?  17 years later?   There is still time to delete this odd and rare L...

(02-13-2024, 06:06 AM)pulses Wrote: Nothing uninformed about it. Percentage wise you may be correct but per year moneywise you were not....not deleting anything just have to agree to disagree. Now you can move along.

Lol, so you were the first one that took the numbers literal instead of by cap percentages despite the 17 year difference. You were snarky for zero reason with the "nice try" comment. You then came back with, "Now you can move along." You did this despite others telling you that you were wrong. I didnt make a big deal out of it.

I will also add that I dont appreciate you being super nice to me in private messages the past couple of days asking for my opinion on potential draftees then publicly coming at me. That is a quick way to lose respect and credibility.

Reply/Quote
We will argue about ANYTHING.

Some simple truths:

Tee is worth the Tag. We can debate if the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL and it's because of Patrick Mahomes

Teams w/ big $ QB/WR/WR have won the Superbowl; it's rare, but so is every team without Mahomes or Brady winning the Superbowl over the last 20ish years
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 11:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We will argue about ANYTHING.

I disagree   -  We will argue about EVERYTHING not anything...   Wub
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 11:34 AM)depthchart Wrote: I disagree   -  We will argue about EVERYTHING not anything...   Wub

No, we won't............................DAMN IT!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
You are missing the cap flexibility we get if we sign Tee this year we can frontload or backload all money from the contract which gives us a pro bowl WR + cap flexibility. we want a RT or a Reader replacement we backload the money. If we want to replace in the draft we frontload the money. Only way we dont keep Tee is if he wants too much money or be the number 1 receiver elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You are missing the cap flexibility we get if we sign Tee this year we can frontload or backload all money from the contract which gives us a pro bowl WR + cap flexibility. we want a RT or a Reader replacement we backload the money. If we want to replace in the draft we frontload the money. Only way we dont keep Tee is if he wants too much money or be the number 1 receiver elsewhere.

It's only flexible if they can agree on a long term deal.  

All reports are that the two sides never even got close on an extension this past year.  If the Bengals had trepidation about meeting his demands before this year, there's nothing from this past year Tee did to assuage them.  

From Tee's end, there's no reason for him to drop his price if he gets tagged.  He can just bet on having a better year and increasing his stock while pocketing $20+ mil guaranteed, then hit UFA in '25 instead of signing for less than he thinks he's worth.  Plus, he can negotiate with another team and work on a trade.

The only way I see a long term deal getting done is if Tee hits UFA, funds his market softer than anticipated, and he basically takes the Bengals' offer because it's the best offer(or close to it).
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 12:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: You are missing the cap flexibility we get if we sign Tee this year we can frontload or backload all money from the contract which gives us a pro bowl WR + cap flexibility. we want a RT or a Reader replacement we backload the money. If we want to replace in the draft we frontload the money. Only way we dont keep Tee is if he wants too much money or be the number 1 receiver elsewhere.

Tee Higgins hasn't ever been voted to the Pro Bowl.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2024, 01:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's only flexible if they can agree on a long term deal.  

All reports are that the two sides never even got close on an extension this past year.  If the Bengals had trepidation about meeting his demands before this year, there's nothing from this past year Tee did to assuage them.  

From Tee's end, there's no reason for him to drop his price if he gets tagged.  He can just bet on having a better year and increasing his stock while pocketing $20+ mil guaranteed, then hit UFA in '25 instead of signing for less than he thinks he's worth.  Plus, he can negotiate with another team and work on a trade.

The only way I see a long term deal getting done is if Tee hits UFA, funds his market softer than anticipated, and he basically takes the Bengals' offer because it's the best offer(or close to it).

Well said Whatever, completely agree, nice post. Cool
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if we tag Tee this upcoming year, but I don't think we give him a long term deal. Hitting on a good WR hasn't been a big issue with us, so I think we should have some leeway on trying to find another WR in the draft in the next couple years. If not we still have Chase and who knows, maybe we find a good TE in the draft as well to mask the loss of Tee.
Reply/Quote
Sun God is reportedly close to signing a 3 year deal $25m per.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 06:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sun God is reportedly close to signing a 3 year deal $25m per.

Is that the nickname for Amen Ra St. Brown? Lol
Reply/Quote