Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A positive for the Bengals' remaining schedule
While the remaining schedule is one of the most difficult in the league, there's one thing that should help - there are only 3 road games out of the remaining 9 games.

@Raiders
@Broncos
@Browns

Hopefully that could help play in a victory or two (or three...or four...)

Who Dey
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 11:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: While the remaining schedule is one of the most difficult in the league, there's one thing that should help - there are only 3 road games out of the remaining 9 games.

@Raiders
@Broncos
@Browns

Who Dey

Jim and Pat were talking about the Bengals and Browns schedules going forward and that both teams need to win this game. Their take was the Browns needed to be farther ahead of where they're at now because now they have a lot of road games with a tough schedule, while we have a lot of home games with a tough schedule. Advantage:Bengals
Browns Schedule:
@ Bengals
@Patriots
Detroit
@Ravens
Bye
Ravens
Raiders
@ Packers
@Stealers
Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jim and Pat were talking about the Bengals and Browns schedules going forward and that both teams need to win this game. Their take was the Browns needed to be farther ahead of where they're at now because now they have a lot of road games with a tough schedule, while we have a lot of home games with a tough schedule. Advantage:Bengals
Browns Schedule:
@ Bengals
@Patriots
Detroit
@Ravens
Bye
Ravens
Raiders
@ Packers
@Stealers
Bengals

The difference between how our schedule was constructed for Road vs Away games and someone like the Ravens is freaking crazy. 

The Ravens had 4 straight home games including a bye between games 3-4 (that seems unheard of) and even with that won't play more then 2 straight road games this year. 

The Ravens will have had over a month where they didn't have to leave Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote
Bob Papa and Charlie Weiss both just picked the Bengals to beat the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Jim and Pat were talking about the Bengals and Browns schedules going forward and that both teams need to win this game. Their take was the Browns needed to be farther ahead of where they're at now because now they have a lot of road games with a tough schedule, while we have a lot of home games with a tough schedule. Advantage:Bengals
Browns Schedule:
@ Bengals
@Patriots
Detroit
@Ravens
Bye
Ravens
Raiders
@ Packers
@Stealers
Bengals

damn, thats brutal
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bob Papa and Charlie Weiss both just picked the Bengals to beat the Browns.

How well have they picked winners so far this season?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 02:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How well have they picked winners so far this season?

I haven't really followed, I just find it nice that nowadays more and more people are picking the Bengals. That used to seldom happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't really followed, I just find it nice that nowadays more and more people are picking the Bengals. That used to seldom happen.

I'll be honest, I was surprised when I saw so many pick the Bengals this Sunday from the NFL Network
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 04:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'll be honest, I was surprised when I saw so many pick the Bengals this Sunday from the NFL Network

I was listening to...1360 i think it was. Rob Ninkovich was talking and out of the blue he said the Bengals were a team he expected to bounce back with a win this week. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 04:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'll be honest, I was surprised when I saw so many pick the Bengals this Sunday from the NFL Network

It’s easy to forget. We’ve not lost a game by more than 3 points. We went blow for blow with the former league MVP and arguably the best team in football, with a couple missed kicks away from winning. And physically beat up what many think is still one of the best teams in AFC. We are young with a rising QB, who will keep us in most games as long as he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
So we only have to play in Las Vegas, Cleveland, Denver, and Los Angeles for the rest of the season?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 09:39 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: So we only have to play in Las Vegas, Cleveland, Denver, and Los Angeles for the rest of the season?

The Chargers game is at home.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't really followed, I just find it nice that nowadays more and more people are picking the Bengals. That used to seldom happen.

You're right and actually I feel like the Bengals have been kind of the media darlings this year, especially before last week. 

Thought I would never see the day so many would be talking good about the Bengals. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bengals do have a tough schedule ahead,but I didn’t realize the Browns schedule was that brutal.I think the Bengals will be tough to beat at home especially,from here on out.They just seem to be more focused and hyped when playing at home.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 09:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Chargers game is at home.

I think he meant the Super Bowl.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 11:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think he meant the Super Bowl.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Seems i have been tricked by the tricky trickster. 

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 12:36 PM)TheFan Wrote: The difference between how our schedule was constructed for Road vs Away games and someone like the Ravens is freaking crazy. 

The Ravens had 4 straight home games including a bye between games 3-4 (that seems unheard of) and even with that won't play more then 2 straight road games this year. 

The Ravens will have had over a month where they didn't have to leave Baltimore. 

I dont see that great of a difference, after browns game,  after our bye we have 5 of 6 homes game which is rare also.  Ravens still have a 3 game road trip coming...
Reply/Quote
This team needs to tighten things up and play up to their potential.

Whether it's the players or coaches it is maddening that they haven't put together a full 4 qtr powerful game.

The Ravens game was the closest.

Beating down the Browns would not only be enjoyable but be great if they could hit on all cylinders going forward.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 11:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: While the remaining schedule is one of the most difficult in the league, there's one thing that should help - there are only 3 road games out of the remaining 9 games.

@Raiders
@Broncos
@Browns

Who Dey

And all three are very winnable games.  The old school of thought was win all your home games and steal a few on the road.  They currently have won all their home games but one, and took three road wins.  

Your point is not to be understated...those road wins were huge and tomorrow they have the chance to go up 3-0 in the division, with only one road division game remaining.

This game is huge.  
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 09:42 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I dont see that great of a difference, after browns game,  after our bye we have 5 of 6 homes game which is rare also.  Ravens still have a 3 game road trip coming...

The Ravens have no 3 game road trips the entire season...? 

People who think it doesn't matter playing that many games straight on the road haven't looked at the stats. 

Between 2007-2017 teams playing their 3rd straight road game only win 33% of the time (35-69 overall). 

Compare that to the typical about 45% chance for a typical road game. That's a really big difference what that 3rd straight road game means. 
Reply/Quote