Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A salute to our non-American Bengals fans!
Die hard Bengals fan living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Lived in Cincinnati for 10 years and became a fan and never stopped. Never miss a game and even fly back to watch a game live every year. WHO DEY!

Actually met and hung out with Keith Rivers here in Dubai who was in town last week.
Reply/Quote
Well, of course, as I've been around the boards since 2009, people know I'm from Canada lol.

Liked the Bengals since I was 3, because I liked tigers. Stuck with them through the lost decade when I didn't know any better and yeah, the Fandom never left Big Grin

Edinburgh is my favourite place on the planet, btw, after Toronto, Tokyo and Bassano del Grappa, Italy :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:59 AM)NativeTheory Wrote: Die hard Bengals fan living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Lived in Cincinnati for 10 years and became a fan and never stopped. Never miss a game and even fly back to watch a game live every year. WHO DEY!

Actually met and hung out with Keith Rivers here in Dubai who was in town last week.

One of the few NFLers to have a conversation with me on Twitter; how is he in person?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I went to Edinburgh a few years ago and took my drone with me.

I become a Bungles fan because my parents are from Bangladesh, hence Bengal Tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZV31fEVSEU
Reply/Quote
Hello and Feliz Navidad to all foreign Bengal fans. Well except for Canadians, because they really aren't foreigners, amarite.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:16 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah... show me some love already! I've waited long enough for that. My receptors are wide open.

It's not that bad. The first games here [Austria] start at 7pm. That's quite humane. Those prime time games, however, are indeed tough.

Austria, huh??? G'day mate!
Reply/Quote
New Jersey is a pretty foreign land. Many Americans can't understand a word we are saying so we constantly use our hands to communicate.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:14 AM)The 160lb Fullback Wrote: Another Scot here, though I've lived in Australia since I was 5. Been a Bengals fan since turning on the TV to watch cartoons one morning, and stumbling onto the '81 Superbowl.

JWW1971, who's your team in the Scottish fitba? My uncles made sure I was indoctrinated as a Hearts fan even though I was living on the other side of the world!

I have been a Celtic supporter all my life, mainly because of my mothers family all supporting Celtic and there Irish ties.
My dad supported the Other team, but we didn't talk about that lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:40 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Cheers right back atcha mate. Never made it to Bathgage but could easily go back and spend more time around Edinburgh. I live in Lexington, Ky. If you're ever in the area I'll show you some distilleries and horse farms. 

I will take you up on that mate, I have been wanting to visit Cincinnati and get to a game but I have never made it over yet.
My 19yr old daughter's boyfriend is from Mattoon IL and she is coming over next month for 3 months to arrange her wedding, So hopefully I will make it down to catch a game about this time next year
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I went to Edinburgh a few years ago and took my drone with me.

I become a Bungles fan because my parents are from Bangladesh, hence Bengal Tiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZV31fEVSEU

Brilliant video, I hope you and your family enjoyed your trip
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 02:35 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Total respect to foreign fans especially ones that are across the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Those Mondays have to seriously suck with no sleep.

Yeah the kick off times aren't to bad, early games are 6pm, then the late games start at 1am 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: One of the few NFLers to have a conversation with me on Twitter; how is he in person?

He's great, very well spoken and a super nice and positive guy. Can't believe how long its been since he played ...time flies. 
Reply/Quote
Hi - English Bengal fan here from Cambridgeshire (60 miles north of London).

I started following the Bengals in about 1986 as we began playing football during lunch break at school and I needed a jersey - the stripes won me over as coolest shirt. Not long after we went to the superbowl and the rest is history.

Whodey from the UK!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 01:57 PM)dnkw Wrote: Hi - English Bengal fan here from Cambridgeshire (60 miles north of London).

I started following the Bengals in about 1986 as we began playing football during lunch break at school and I needed a jersey - the stripes won me over as coolest shirt. Not long after we went to the superbowl and the rest is history.

Whodey from the UK!

Wow, you even pre-date the internet.  How did you keep up with the Bengals way back when?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 02:01 PM)McC Wrote: Wow, you even pre-date the internet.  How did you keep up with the Bengals way back when?

Well, it wasn't so easy, is the answer!

We did have one game a week (if I remember correctly) on TV back then, but it wasn't often the Bengals. You could keep track of the scores though.

One other way was on the Armed Forces Radio Network (although that was usually quite hard to get a good signal). 

I do recall listening to the game in about 89ish when we beat the Rams in overtime having absolutely thrashed them in the first half before handing it back to them after halftime (sound familiar?!)!    LMAO
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 02:07 PM)dnkw Wrote: Well, it wasn't so easy, is the answer!

We did have one game a week (if I remember correctly) on TV back then, but it wasn't often the Bengals. You could keep track of the scores though.

One other way was on the Armed Forces Radio Network (although that was usually quite hard to get a good signal). 

I do recall listening to the game in about 89ish when we beat the Rams in overtime having absolutely thrashed them in the first half before handing it back to them after halftime (sound familiar?!)!    LMAO

All too familiar, unfortunately.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:16 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah... show me some love already! I've waited long enough for that. My receptors are wide open.

Well, as you can see, there are other members from Australia!!! Isn't that cool?

Good on ya, mate! :andy:
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 02:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Well, as you can see, there are other members from Australia!!! Isn't that cool?

Oh yeah it is. Makes me wanna strangle a crocodile. Which is what we do when we're happy.

(11-18-2018, 02:20 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Good on ya, mate! :andy:

Is that an imperative?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:55 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I have been a Celtic supporter all my life, mainly because of my mothers family all supporting Celtic and there Irish ties.
My dad supported the Other team, but we didn't talk about that lol.

HH my good man  :andy:
Reply/Quote
One dude from France. I'm here since 2003 I guess, this is a long time !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote