Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A salute to our non-American Bengals fans!
(11-19-2018, 01:46 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Any time. I should say that Lexington is about 80 miles south of Cincy but if you want to make the hour and a half drive down here I'd be happy to show you God's Country. Just message me. 

Cheers Red.
I will defiantly give you a shout when we are over.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:37 AM)Essex Bengal Wrote: I live near Colchester in Essex (Britain's oldest recorded town). Have followed the Bengals since since seeing brief highlights on TV in the early 80's when the NFL generally didn't get shown at all.  I think it must have been the '82 Freezer Bowl game vs the Chargers. Only really been into it since the early 2000's and the arrival of Marvin and Carson.

My 'watching the Bengals live' record is as follows...
2008 v Jacksonville W 21-19 (Bengals were 0-8 prior to that game - lucky charm maybe??)
2009 @ Oakland L 20-17 (OK, maybe not)
2010 @ Jets       L 26-10 (that's definitely blown that theory out of the water)
2016 v Redskins (Wembley) 27-27 (strange one - whatever you may have heard, we do NOT like ties when it comes to the NFL)

WHO DEY!

I was actually at that game, first one I'd been to in years.  

Cheers to all of our fans from abroad.....you guys must be gluttons for punishment too! LMAO Cheers 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:46 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Any time. I should say that Lexington is about 80 miles south of Cincy but if you want to make the hour and a half drive down here I'd be happy to show you God's Country. Just message me. 

Hell Red......I'm just about 20 miles south of you on I-75. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 12:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: How thick is your accent, lad? Do Americans give you funny looks at the airport? (For some strange reason, Brits seem to understand a thick Scotch or Irish accent perfectly fine. Americans however....).

BTW - My ancestors where Scots (MacKenzie) and an odd little French Huguenot named Gaston who somehow made his way up to Scotland.

Sunday's game was a right scunner!

My accent is kinda funny, because we are right in between Glasgow and Edinburgh 23 miles each way, it is a mixture of both and if we go to Glasgow they think we are from Edinburgh and vise versa.
The Irish and Welsh are good when it comes to understanding us but the further south in England we go the worse it gets lol.
I was in Colchester visiting a good friend a number of years ago and when I went to the pub I had to point to what I wanted as the barmaid had no idea what I was saying.
My daughter was over in the states at her boyfriends in Mattoon and she went into a subway and asked for Tuna and the guy had no idea what she was saying, her boyfriend had to get her order anytime they went out.
Good to hear your ancestors are one of us, My uncle and aunt moved over to Salt Lake city in the 50's and I have a few relations there in Arizon and in Battle Creek Michigan.

Totally agree with you regarding the game and I'm really not looking forward to this Sunday

I'm not sure if this will work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42dvgPIfSk
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2018, 11:43 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: My accent is kinda funny, because we are right in between Glasgow and Edinburgh 23 miles each way, it is a mixture of both and if we go to Glasgow they think we are from Edinburgh and vise versa.
The Irish and Welsh are good when it comes to understanding us but the further south in England we go the worse it gets lol.
I was in Colchester visiting a good friend a number of years ago and when I went to the pub I had to point to what I wanted as the barmaid had no idea what I was saying.
My daughter was over in the states at her boyfriends in Mattoon and she went into a subway and asked for Tuna and the guy had no idea what she was saying, her boyfriend had to get her order anytime they went out.
Good to hear your ancestors are one of us, My uncle and aunt moved over to Salt Lake city in the 50's and I have a few relations there in Arizon and in Battle Creek Michigan.

Totally agree with you regarding the game and I'm really not looking forward to this Sunday

I'm not sure if this will work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42dvgPIfSk

Hilarious

You've probably heard this one before:

[Image: 46992158_10213257466013200_4130001690969...e=5C69F0BB]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:07 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hilarious

You've probably heard this one before:

[Image: 46992158_10213257466013200_4130001690969...e=5C69F0BB]

Brilliant lo, never heard that one before
Reply/Quote
Hi All!
Bengals fan here from Hungary since THAT wild card game against the steelers. As I remember that was the first season which was broadcasted in our country and the first game I watched. Since then I watched ALL of our games. I'm reading the forums since 2012, but never posted before. :)
Reply/Quote
Bengals fan from Sault Ste. Marie Canada....was a Bengals fan since 1989. Became a season ticket holder after watching my first live game against KC in November of 2003. Went to at least 2 games every year until 2015 when i gave up the season's in personal protest! LOL Like that really worked!
Reply/Quote