Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A schedule hint?
It is not just prime time games he may be talking about. We could easily see multiple games, such as the Patriots, Titans, or 2nd Ravens game scheduled as the 4PM National game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 05:28 PM)pally Wrote: we will have at least 1 Thursday night games as well.  I'm thinking we play the Saints on Thanksgiving

For me, A Saints or Cowboys game on Thanksgiving or the sunday before is tempting
Reply/Quote
Bengals were popular in national games last season. Both Chiefs games out rated Chiefs Chargers. With exception of Cowboys Bengals were very popular to watch nationally.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 06:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jay Morrison looked into the last 11 SB losers and how they were scheduled in primetime. 

The trends he found led him to this prediction:

Week 3 vs. Kansas City, Monday
Week 5 at Baltimore, Sunday
Week 9 vs. Buffalo, Sunday
Week 11 at Tampa Bay, Thursday (Thanksgiving)
Week 15 at Cleveland, Thursday

https://theathletic.com/3294276/2022/05/05/bengals-prime-time-tv/?redirected=1

Love it! Rather have three home games, obviously, but might make for a good road trip to see one of the away games! 

Years ago, I presented at a conference out in Missouri, and a bunch of the college girls added me on Facebook, and they were from colleges all over Missouri, so I'm sure a few would take me to the right places.

I also love it because it makes me feel like we're on top of the football world with all eyes on us.

I guess it's something we'll have to get used to with Joey B in stripes!
Reply/Quote
Being a resident of western PA I would love @Pittsburgh as a Monday or Thursday night game. Easy Lyft ride to and from work parking lot.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
I sure would love to watch my Bengals on Thanksgiving for once...
Reply/Quote
That Thursday game again Jacksonville was electric….even though the Bengals were a no-show in the first half. The game
production was fantastic
Reply/Quote
This is a bonus for me as i miss 1pm Sunday games if i have to work.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Well if you want to be one of the elite teams in the NFL your gonna have to play some prime time games. I like it. I used to hate having one prime time game and always against another afc north team.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 04:54 PM)pally Wrote:

He also said on the Bengals Booth Podcast (awesome show, led by Dan Hoard), that the Bengals as defending AFC Champs, would likely have FIVE Prime-time games.  

Now, we know one is a Thursday, but that is some exciting stuff.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 05:26 PM)ATOTR Wrote: th night game

2 mnf games

1 snf game

Christmas night game too

That is my prediction.

I think you are really close, but I will swap out the Christmas game and say they get one of the Thanksgiving games.  
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 05:46 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow plays his best under the bright lights... this is a positive.   Not to mention the crowd will be electric

Truth!  Also, the Prime Time games gives the Bengals national exposure so when the playoffs come around, everyone isn't saying "Who are these guys?".  

Seriously, we thought the fan base exploded last year.  The number of eyes watching this team will grow dramatically.  Hopefully, jersey sales, etc will grow as well. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 02:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love it! Rather have three home games, obviously, but might make for a good road trip to see one of the away games! 

Years ago, I presented at a conference out in Missouri, and a bunch of the college girls added me on Facebook, and they were from colleges all over Missouri, so I'm sure a few would take me to the right places.

I also love it because it makes me feel like we're on top of the football world with all eyes on us.

I guess it's something we'll have to get used to with Joey B in stripes!

Congrats on the Missouri girls.
Reply/Quote
For the comments about Thanksgiving, it's literally impossible for us (and the rest of the AFCN) to play the Cowboys or Lions on Thanksgiving with the current broadcasting agreement and schedule rotation.

Yes we got a road game vs DAL...however the rotation dictates the Cowboys play an NFC opponent this year. Even when we rotate and the NFCE is our paired division, it's an NFC opponent for those years on Thanksgiving. Same thing when we're up on rotation for the Lions.

The 3rd game (which we've gotten before) is the only one we can get...which others have suggested.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Truth!  Also, the Prime Time games gives the Bengals national exposure so when the playoffs come around, everyone isn't saying "Who are these guys?".  

Seriously, we thought the fan base exploded last year.  The number of eyes watching this team will grow dramatically.  Hopefully, jersey sales, etc will grow as well. 

Nothing like attending a game with a sold out crowd either in PBS... the beautiful mix of black and orange on a Thursday or Monday night... ugh!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
My prediction

Standard Thursday Night game
1 Sunday Night Game
1 Monday Night Game
Christmas Day Triple Header
Cowboys a 4pm Sunday game
Saints a 4pm Sunday game
Bucs a 4pm Sunday game
1 random home game 4pm Sunday

Maybe a 5th primetime game but not sure.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Really tough for me to want a second Thursday game. I feel like I’ve read from multiple sources, that these are the hardest games to prepare for with the turn around being so quick. These games might be win more based on chance. I know the other team is in the same boat, but…

Because I think we have drafted and built a culture of players that know how to prepare I would prefer Sunday and Monday prime time games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of a regular thursday night game and a Thanksgiving game. That's two short turn-arounds in one season. No thanks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 04:54 PM)pally Wrote:

I heard 5 prime time games..
Reply/Quote