Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A schedule hint?
(05-08-2022, 06:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not too thrilled about the prospect of a regular thursday night game and a Thanksgiving game. That's two short turn-arounds in one season. No thanks. 

I'm moderately confident (with my zero insight into the scheduling process) we will not have a Thanksgiving game.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2022, 01:09 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Nothing like attending a game with a sold out crowd either in PBS... the beautiful mix of black and orange on a Thursday or Monday night... ugh!

A point I had almost overlooked....The real home field advantage now.

I had let my season tickets go four season ago.  I was coming off a divorce and had to greatly reduce my costs.  I still took my dad to one game last year, and it was the unveiling of the ROH.  I figured since we had been season ticket holders for the first 20 years of the stadium, it made sense to see that and being a prime time game and all...

I was FLOORED at the difference in the stadium graphics, sound (it was actually too loud!  Sign of old age!), pyrotechnics, etc.  You can argue that it was like putting lipstick on a pig, but I actually always liked the overall stadium experience.  Great sight lines, TONS of urinals (some old stadiums you lost about a quarter of football if you had to take a piss), big seats, cup holders, etc.  It was just a little boring.  Not flashy like most things today.  Huge change.  And that place was rocking as they came back to beat the Jags in primetime.  

Now that EVERY SEAT is sold out to season ticket holders (I believe for the first time ever?), that place will be a HUGE home field advantage.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 12:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Cowboys at home are a traditional Thanksgiving team.  We could be their opponent this year.

Saints in the Superdome is another good candidate for a prime time game.

But we will have at least one HOME game in prime time (in addition to the Thursday night that every team gets).  Plenty of great ones to chose from (KC, Buf, Pitt, Bal)

Christmas is on a Sunday.  Most of that week's schedule will be played on Saturday.  There will only be 4 games on Christmas but they are stacked one at a time from early afternoon to late night.  I'd like to get one of those.  I am just going to be laying around doing nothing anyway.

The guy on Dan Hoard's podcast (that leads the NFL scheduling team) said they won't be Dallas's opponent (I forget why), but that they could be playing on Thanksgiving against another team.   
Reply/Quote
Well, we won’t be playing the Bills or Titans week 2. They play each other on MNF

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A point I had almost overlooked....The real home field advantage now.

I had let my season tickets go four season ago.  I was coming off a divorce and had to greatly reduce my costs.  I still took my dad to one game last year, and it was the unveiling of the ROH.  I figured since we had been season ticket holders for the first 20 years of the stadium, it made sense to see that and being a prime time game and all...

I was FLOORED at the difference in the stadium graphics, sound (it was actually too loud!  Sign of old age!), pyrotechnics, etc.  You can argue that it was like putting lipstick on a pig, but I actually always liked the overall stadium experience.  Great sight lines, TONS of urinals (some old stadiums you lost about a quarter of football if you had to take a piss), big seats, cup holders, etc.  It was just a little boring.  Not flashy like most things today.  Huge change.  And that place was rocking as they came back to beat the Jags in primetime.  

Now that EVERY SEAT is sold out to season ticket holders (I believe for the first time ever?), that place will be a HUGE home field advantage.  

Another reason we could be the toughest team in the AFC to beat. We actually are a very loud stadium for other teams to play
in now unlike seasons in the past. Our fans are pumped right now with Burrow and this team Zac, Lou and the FO put together.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2022, 05:03 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 10 years ago I would have been happy about this. I’m to old for the late games now Sad

and you kids stay off my lawn!
Reply/Quote
what the heck happened to the thanksgiving thread?

Came across a podcast with the NFL VP of scheduling that says since it's the 17th game, it's eligible for thanksgiving

https://danhoard.podbean.com/e/bengals-booth-podcast-know-a-secret/
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Another reason we could be the toughest team in the AFC to beat. We actually are a very loud stadium for other teams to play
in now unlike seasons in the past. Our fans are pumped right now with Burrow and this team Zac, Lou and the FO put together.

Rock On

I was always amazed how load the 40K fans could be when I was there if they were in the game.  Now...it will be nuts.

Plus, there will be the ROH game with two new members unveiled.  The Ruler of the Jungle (although no one will top Kay Adams for me) will continue.  

It's going to be fun.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 02:04 AM)basballguy Wrote: what the heck happened to the thanksgiving thread?

Came across a podcast with the NFL VP of scheduling that says since it's the 17th game, it's eligible for thanksgiving

https://danhoard.podbean.com/e/bengals-booth-podcast-know-a-secret/

The leaks are fake. They may end up being correct, but that Twitter was just taking a bunch of guesses on matchups. No credible sources were running with any of those leaks. The only place to find information about them was that account itself.

I guess for this reason, the thread was removed.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A point I had almost overlooked....The real home field advantage now.

Not quite every seat.  A couple of hundred are still showing on Ticketmaster, all in the upper bowl.  And we can't forget that ticket brokers may have bought up a number of those seats just to resell to the highest bidder.  I do believe the vast majority are Bengals fans though.

Cowboys-Packers will be week 10 so that's another week we won't be playing in Dallas

Reply/Quote
I was told by my coworkers that this morning, BAL @ CIN SNF confirmed along with CIN @ DAL Thanksgiving on the local radio (NKY area)
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 09:29 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I was told by my coworkers that this morning, BAL @ CIN SNF confirmed along with CIN @ DAL Thanksgiving on the local radio (NKY area)

I would love it. I just still don’t see anything other than that one account saying this. Twitter is empty, no articles or beat writers discussing it. The only thing I can find is that one random Twitter throwing out games. Fingers crossed it is true, how fun would that be?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 09:29 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I was told by my coworkers that this morning, BAL @ CIN SNF confirmed along with CIN @ DAL Thanksgiving on the local radio (NKY area)

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 09:54 AM)pally Wrote:  

Yep, I usually don’t believe any “leaks” unless reported by a local trusted guy or beat reporter or national people.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2022, 09:54 AM)pally Wrote:  

From a Dallas radio report. Maybe there's fire to the smoke from the unreliable source?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I sure hope we get Dallas on Thanksgiving.

My in-laws love the NFL unlike my immediate family, would be a blast to watch it with them.Pray
Reply/Quote
There's a price to be paid when you become the super bowl loser... wait a minit! that didn't sound right. Hehe
Reply/Quote
Chiefs-Bucs is week 4 Sunday night so another week we won't be playing either team. According to the comments on other team's boards. All 17 of the Bucs games will be primetime. Of course, we know the Bengals game WILL be.

2 prime time games have been announced for both the Bucs and Chiefs. They can get 4 more scheduled

Reply/Quote
Bengals at Saints will be a noon game, week six.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins at Bengals Monday night week 4
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote