Poll: SHould females register for the draft?
Yay
Nay
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drafting females
Should females be made to register for the draft (should we ever need a draft again)?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
I'd say yes.

But I'm against the draft outside of national defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Absolutely, but I really don't see the whole reasoning behind selective service anyway.

I'm more of the give a minimum of 2 years type.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Feminism is the equality of opportunity. A women can stop a bullet as effectively as a man. Hence, women are drafted same as men.
Now that women are in combat roles, it especially makes sense. But most importantly to me is that if we are in a conflict where the draft should be necessary, there will be a lot of people needed in a variety of roles. Why limit ourselves?

(02-26-2019, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Absolutely, but I really don't see the whole reasoning behind selective service anyway.

I'm more of the give a minimum of 2 years type.

I'm with you on this. I am in favor of a compulsory civil service thing, whether it be military or another role. I think that it can promote civic duty/responsibility, giving people more of a sense of ownership of our country since, you know, it is a country of the people. I think that it could work hand-in-hand with the idea of reducing higher education costs, as well. Giving credits for service to the government.

But that's getting into the weeds a bit.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Short of an impending invasion of actual U.S. soil the draft should never be an option. If you are forcing people into military service it should only be to actually defend your homeland, not to fight communism abroad or whatever politically motivated scare tactic is the soup du jour of the time period.
I'm against the draft for men or women under any circumstance. Nobody should be forced to fight against their own will. The government does not own us.
Always thought it would be interesting to tie draft inclusion to gun ownership. Idea being, because a "well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state" those gun owners are obviously exercising their rights in preparation for that very moment. Curious if we'd see gun ownership dip if that were the case.
I'm against drafting women. There are other animals that are far better suited for use as draft animals. Traditionally, oxen have been pretty popular. In East Asia, they use water buffalos.
Of course.

That said, a draft is completely unnecessary in modern times.
I gotta say, I've never taken a female in any of my mock drafts for the Bengals. But I suppose if the right woman came along, I might change my mind, eh.

[Image: lingerie-football.png?w=377&h=214&crop=1]
(02-26-2019, 02:56 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I gotta say, I've never taken a female in any of my mock drafts for the Bengals. But I suppose if the right woman came along, I might change my mind, eh.

[Image: lingerie-football.png?w=377&h=214&crop=1]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-26-2019, 12:42 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd say yes.

But I'm against the draft outside of national defense.

This is where I am at too. If there is going to be a selective services, women should be included. That said, it should never be used unless we are defending against an invasion of the US, with potential inclusions of helping Canada or Mexico defend against an invasion.

(02-26-2019, 11:57 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm against drafting women. There are other animals that are far better suited for use as draft animals. Traditionally, oxen have been pretty popular. In East Asia, they use water buffalos.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]