Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tale of two halves (A Marvin Lewis story)
Once upon a time, there was a team that failed to score a touchdown in it's first two games of the season. The players of that team grew angry, resentful, and demanded change.

Change was made. The Offensive Coordinator that was directing that weak and meager offense was promptly shown the door. A new man took control of the Bengals offense.

He came out strong, appearing to be the hero that every fan was looking for. Leading the team to 3 first half touchdowns, a first victory of the young season seemed inevitable..

However, the Bengals (once again) failed to make necessary half time adjustments to their game plan, and defeat was indeed snatched from the very jaws of victory.

The End
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This tale is on a loop round these parts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hey Moderator....

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Oh-those-pesky-journalistic-jargons

LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey Moderator....

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Oh-those-pesky-journalistic-jargons

LOL

Oops, sorry my friend.  I needed a break, after the game, and didn't really read the entire board..  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oops, sorry my friend.  I needed a break, after the game, and didn't really read the entire board..  Cool

LMAO....I was just givin ya shit. Merge mine with yours....fine with me 

Reply/Quote
Serious question here:

Who really is responsible for making adjustments? The head coach or the Offensive/Defensive Coordinators?

It seems like a coordinator issue to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:34 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Serious question here:

Who really is responsible for making adjustments?  The head coach or the Offensive/Defensive Coordinators?

So....for 15 years we've just been unfortunate in the coordinators we've had?  Normally....I'd 100% agree with you.

The Bungals ain't ****** normal.

Reply/Quote

Who really is responsible for making adjustments?  The head coach or the Offensive/Defensive Coordinators?

I think the overall tempo is a head coach thing. 
Reply/Quote

Nornally I would say it is the coordinator's job but since Marvin has stated in game adjustments are something made up by the media I'm going to say he doesn't allow them to.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: So....for 15 years we've just been unfortunate in the coordinators we've had?  Normally....I'd 100% agree with you.

The Bungals ain't ****** normal.

Let's change that 15 years to 26 ...  you know .... the day MB took over and SW was shown the door!!
Reply/Quote
I watched the game with my brother and called the end of the game almost perfectly.

We were excited going into halftime, but I told him, "Watch, McCarthy is going to come out and have them put points on the board quickly. He will adjust to the current situation of the game, like every other coach in NFL. That is, except for Marvin. He will stick to the same game plan that he mapped out on Wednesday or Thursday last week."

I also knew when we kicked a FG with 3+ minutes left, that we'd be heading to overtime. I don't understand the point of the prevent defense. I get it, don't let anything over the top and protect the sidelines. But with 3 timeouts and future HOF QB on the Green Bay side, that strategy is not going to work. We were keeping GB in check the entire game with our normal defense. Why switch it up then? Heck, I know that 2 of their scoring drives were handed to them from penalties anyway.
Reply/Quote