Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AU165 Full First Round Mock with Analysis
(04-06-2019, 05:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is a difference in trading him before drafting and engaging in discussions. The report is they aren’t even willing to talk currently. I agree if he’s traded it will be draft week, but I still believe there is a relatively large chance he doesn’t get moved unless the price is a 1st round pick.

No reason to engage in discussions either or that would be potentially leaked to the media also. Other teams have seen enough smoke to know that he is possibly going to be available on draft day and will be prepared as organizations for what the parameters of a deal would look like and what  they would be comfortable with giving up to get him. Arizona would also know the minimum compensation that they would take as a return as well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:55 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: No reason to engage in discussions either or that would be potentially leaked to the media also. Other teams have seen enough smoke to know that he is possibly going to be available on draft day and will be prepared as organizations for what the parameters of a deal would look like and what  they would be comfortable with giving up to get him. Arizona would also know the minimum compensation that they would take as a return as well. 

If you don’t engage how do you tell people they aren’t offering enough? Like I said I think they will attempt to move him draft week, but for now I still believe there is a chance he does not get traded.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 06:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: If you don’t engage how do you tell people they aren’t offering enough? Like I said I think they will attempt to move him draft week, but for now I still believe there is a chance he does not get traded.

Because what they can get for Rosen in no way affects whether they draft Murray or not. If he turns out to be their guy, then they draft him and can move Rosen. Rosen's value is somewhat established and a trade for him could come together quickly if that turned out to be the case. Teams would be prepared for this scenario.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 06:28 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Because what they can get for Rosen in no way affects whether they draft Murray or not. If he turns out to be their guy, then they draft him and can move Rosen. Rosen's value is somewhat established and a trade for him could come together quickly if that turned out to be the case. Teams would be prepared for this scenario.

Part of me says yes but part of me says no. Keim is on the hot seat and getting .10 cents on the dollar from your top 10 pick last year won’t go well for him. I understand the sunk cost but I also think there is enough quality in Bosa and Williams that he can take the “safe” pick with little back lash.

We will see, it could go either way but as I said as of now Rosen is the QB there. I’ve been waving the Murray Flag harder than anyone but I just wonder how much pressure there is to go the safe route. I also think a trade back could still happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 06:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Part of me says yes but part of me says no. Keim is on the hot seat and getting .10 cents on the dollar from your top 10 pick last year won’t go well for him. I understand the sunk cost but I also think there is enough quality in Bosa and Williams that he can take the “safe” pick with little back lash.

We will see, it could go either way but as I said as of now Rosen is the QB there. I’ve been waving the Murray Flag harder than anyone but I just wonder how much pressure there is to go the safe route. I also think a trade back could still happen.

Being on the hot seat means they need to win games and maybe Murray gives them a better chance. I'd say Rosen could fetch San Diego's or New England's 1st pick or Giants 37th plus future 3rd or something. He is one year removed from being a top 10 pick and has 4 years of control left on the cheap for a QB and Arizona has already paid the draft slot bonus up front. However, I agree, it isn't cut and dried but I still suggest that them not engaging in trade talks with other teams means nothing either way. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 03:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The best part of the draft is the speculation prior.

All the "experts" have Jonah Williams as a mid-late first round pick.  What if he's truly a elite LT prospect and he plays at a high level in the NFl?

What if Jawan Taylor is as good as advertised as a RT?

What is Andre Dillard is the next great athletic LT?

Any of those 3 guys could easily be worth taking at #11.

Dillard is the best pass-blocking Tackle in the draft. He's a little "soft" for run-blocking. I think he's the 3rd best behind Williams and Taylor. 
Reply/Quote
I had Risner going to LA at 31 but I can totally seeing McGary swapping out for Risner to fill a similar role.

Reply/Quote
Call it a hunch but I think the Cards are going to use Rosen to try and trade back into the first round. One of these teams hoping that a Haskins would fall to them might be willing to give up something for a Rosen.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2019, 08:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Call it a hunch but I think the Cards are going to use Rosen to try and trade back into the first round. One of these teams hoping that a Haskins would fall to them might be willing to give up something for a Rosen.

I think it probably happens Friday during the day for a 2nd plus something else if it happens during the draft. Lots of teams regroup Friday morning and start exploring trades based on guys drafted Thursday and what it means to vets, Same thing again happens on Saturday.

I’m actually starting to think we see four or five QBs go round 1 now, so that could really change some people’s minds day 2.
Reply/Quote