Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your nightmare situation at 11?
(04-02-2019, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Drew Lock or Daniel Jones. All potential, little production.

Lock threw for 3500 yds and 28 tds last year, 4000 yds and 44 tds the year before.  That sounds like production to me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 11:13 AM)McC Wrote: Lock threw for 3500 yds and 28 tds last year, 4000 yds and 44 tds the year before.  That sounds like production to me.

Yes, this was already pointed out and I gave my clarification in the thread. Guess you didn't read that far.
I admitted I was wrong about "no production," but I did clarify he wasn't very accurate in college (56.9% college career completion percentage), so he's not (yet) an accurate passer. Accuracy is a weakness of his (right now at least).
I'll edit the post you quoted to avoid the misconception.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're right, to an extent. Lock was productive, but he doesn't have good accuracy. That's difficult to improve from my observations. I consider that as potential that may never come to fruition.

As for Jones, he also isn't highly accurate, plus he didn't exceed 3000 passing yards in a season. He seems like a middle-of-the-road starter at best for me, which I wouldn't take at 11.

Murray and Haskins really only have the negative of only a single season of starting, but they have both had much better season than either Lock or Jones.

I can't think of one successful starting NFL QB that had only 1 year of college starting experience.

You could throw Trubisky out there, but I don't think he has come anywhere close to living up to #2 overall.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 02:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I can't think of one successful starting NFL QB that had only 1 year of college starting experience.

You could throw Trubisky out there, but I don't think he has come anywhere close to living up to #2 overall.

That's why I don't think this is a strong QB class. There's a legitimate concern with every single one of them in some way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's why I don't think this is a strong QB class. There's a legitimate concern with every single one of them in some way.

Agreed. I would much rather see them build up the roster this year and get a qb early next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 02:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Agreed.  I would much rather see them build up the roster this year and get a qb early next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree.  There will be at least 3 guys that I would take over anyone in this class (Fromm, Herbert and Tea) in that order
Reply/Quote
Trading 11 for Rosen is about as bad as we could screw things up
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 03:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 100% agree.  There will be at least 3 guys that I would take over anyone in this class (Fromm, Herbert and Tea) in that order

And what happens if we are not in a position to take any of those guys next year, without giving up a king's ransom?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 08:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: And what happens if we are not in a position to take any of those guys next year, without giving up a king's ransom?

TBH, that'd probably be a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 09:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Daniel Jones.

He's a day 2 pick who's only being talked about in the 1st round because of how poor of a QB class this is. If the scripted play fails, his throws can be inaccurate and his throws would have a lower velocity. He also hesitates which allows windows to close. Threw the ball up for grabs or into double coverage when he should either take a sack or throw the ball away. Sure, he did not have a good supporting cast. But he also left plenty of plays on the field.

I would rather take Will Grier on Day 2.

This.  I have issues seeing Jones as an upgrade to Dalton and wouldn't be good value at 11.  
Reply/Quote
I would rather the Bengals pick the backup placeholder from Rutgers than DK Metcalf.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: who's that 1 position or player that if we draft at 11 you would lose your bobby hart mind

mine is Dwayne Haskins

I'm with ya here.   I think we tried the one hit wonder QB before, haven't we?

[Image: Akili_Smith_Bench.jpg?_ga=2.167564350.16...1554994045]

If we don't draft an immediate starter, I don't see much hope for next year either.  There's just too many holes on this team.  QB is not one of them.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote