Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your nightmare situation at 11?
(04-01-2019, 08:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: who's that 1 position or player that if we draft at 11 you would lose your bobby hart mind

mine is Dwayne Haskins

Drew Lock or Daniel Jones. High potential but have some areas they need to improve to be a good NFL QB. Accuracy specifically.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Drew Lock or Daniel Jones. All potential, little production.

You tell me Jones in the 2nd and I am interested. 
Reply/Quote
If White or Taylor are gone, I'm dropping back with a trade if I can. If not, take a D-Lineman.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
My nightmare at 11 is these guys are all gone:
Haskins
Oliver
Taylor
Hockinson
White
Bush

My nightmare pick at 11 is:
Any QB not named Haskins or Murray
Metcalf
Anyone without a top 15 grade.
Reply/Quote
Any WR or CB I don't want any in the first 3 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 08:56 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: TE. Please don't draft a TE in the first round.

Hockenson looks like a future All Pro. Great blocker, runs good routes, has upper end athletic ability, doesn’t drop passes. For me, the nightmare scenario is drafting Metcalf, Drew Lock, Daniel Jones, Greg Little, or Gary.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: who's that 1 position or player that if we draft at 11 you would lose your bobby hart mind

mine is Dwayne Haskins

Drafting any QB - what a waste.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 08:17 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: My nightmare at 11 is these guys are all gone:
Haskins
Oliver
Taylor
Hockinson
White
Bush

My nightmare pick at 11 is:
Any QB not named Haskins or Murray
Metcalf
Anyone without a top 15 grade.

You put a lot of pondering into your nightmares. 

Think less.  You'll be happier.
Reply/Quote
Metcalf. Maybe Burns but I could live with Burns.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I saw the Jags are tied pretty closely to Taylor, he is going in for a visit today.
Reply/Quote
I'll echo what others have said -- my nightmare scenario is any QB at 11, as it will signal the start of a looooong rebuild. Metcalf is a close second, as WR is not a huge position of need and I think he has a high bust potential.

My dream scenario would be to take advantage of the strong DT/pass rusher class ... Bosa, Williams, Allen, Oliver, Wilkins, Sweat, Gary, Ferrell, and maybe even Burns are all potential top-5 picks in an ordinary year, and we have a chance to steal one at 11. Plus, any one of these guys upgrades a huge weakness on our team. Next best option would be White, although I question how effective he would be behind our crappy line. Then OTs Taylor and Williams, who are nice players but I don't see either as a franchise LT, and I doubt they sniff the top-10 in an ordinary year.
Reply/Quote

mine is Dwayne Haskins

Being tied to Dalton for four more years at 20 million/year or rolling the dice with an unknown QB is a risk both ways. If they roll the dice and go for Haskins they alienate half of the fan base and vice versa. Luck has a lot to do with success. Hoping we are lucky when draft time rolls around.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Drew Lock or Daniel Jones. All potential, little production.

I can't really agree with that.

Lock - 4 year starter in the SEC with pretty good production considering all of the changes that he had with the offense.
Jones - 3 year starter in the ACC with pretty good production as well under a Pro-style coach

I trust these guys a lot more than I do Murray or Haskins
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2019, 11:54 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I can't really agree with that.

Lock - 4 year starter in the SEC with pretty good production considering all of the changes that he had with the offense.
Jones - 3 year starter in the ACC with pretty good production as well under a Pro-style coach

I trust these guys a lot more than I do Murray or Haskins

You're right, to an extent. Lock was productive, but he doesn't have good accuracy. That's difficult to improve from my observations. I consider that as potential that may never come to fruition.

As for Jones, he also isn't highly accurate, plus he didn't exceed 3000 passing yards in a season. He seems like a middle-of-the-road starter at best for me, which I wouldn't take at 11.

Murray and Haskins really only have the negative of only a single season of starting, but they have both had much better season than either Lock or Jones.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

mine is Dwayne Haskins

Metcalf or Greedy Williams.
Reply/Quote
Elvester Turdfarthing
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Elvester Turdfarthing

Yes, definately a nightmare lol
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Elvester Turdfarthing

Still better than Cedric Ogbeuhi...

Plus I would absolutely buy a Turdfarthing jersey.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Still better than Cedric Ogbeuhi...

Plus I would absolutely buy a Turdfarthing jersey.

Lol, i might as well ha ha
Reply/Quote
Nightmare situation is any pick that involves a WR, CB or RB. WR because of the lack of talent this year. CB and RB because we have plenty of depth already.

You can tack OG and C onto that list as well. Safety too, simply for lack of value.

As far as players go specifically, I'm not sure. Whoever the Bengals select at OT, LB, DE, DT or QB (Haskins or Murray. No Jones/Lock etc) at 11 will be fine with me, assuming they follow the general big boards that have the consensus top ~15 to 20 players on them. I would not like a Jerome Simpson type pick.
Reply/Quote