Poll: Which QB's career will Joe Burrow's resemble closest?
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Phillip Rivers
Andrew Luck
Drew Brees
Big Ben
Steve Young
Boomer Esiason
Akili Smith
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which QB will Joe Burrow's career resemble?
(11-02-2020, 04:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You can;t totally separate both of them.. QB stats are also tied to team and  players.. He did well yesterday but the WRs played great .. had great catches few drops etc... 

As far as records.. Herbert is also on a pace to break some records  part of this for both is the league has changed many more passing records are going to be broken with the rules today and emphasis on the pass... 

It way too early to compare him to some of those greats but he deserves praise for sure for a solid rookie season. 

I think you can. WR play may be linked to QB play, but Defense and ST's have nothing to do with it. You can have the best QB in the league playing lights out, but if the rest of the team sucks, they could be winless. 
Reply/Quote
Apparently I can't add more QBs to the list, which I assumed I could do. It would be nice to get Carson Palmer, Otto Graham, and Dan Marino on the list.

I'm not sure if people are picking Drew Brees because he left to a better organization or more bc of their play style and amount of success?

I voted Brady. I see fire in Burrow. I see high level intelligence, processing speed, adaptability, vision, etc. He's got the makings of an elite QB. He's a winner. More often than not, Burrow is the reason we have a chance to win at the end of the game. That's what an elite QB does for you (but rarely ever as a rookie). He's only going to get better, and he's got the same drive Brady had to work, learn, and be the best. He's got Manniong/Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes level intelligence/awareness.

That said, will he have the defense that Brady had? Would 2 or 3 super bowls be more realistic? Or only 1 like Rodgers?

I included Akili Smith in the poll just to throw in a complete bust from an injury standpoint. There may have been better options than him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yikes! You put Akili Smith on the list?

Burrow now has 60 more yards passing in half a season than Smith had in his 4 year career (2272 versus 2212) and 6 more TD passes, (11 to 5) and 8 fewer INTs (5 to 13).

I believe Burrow will make his own path. Whether the Bengals front office will do what it takes to win a championship is something entirely different. Mike Brown hasn't come close to putting a team together as well his father did and I have my doubts that he or his daughter will ever be able to.

It's still possible he has a fluke injury that wipes out his career. I wanted to have all scenarios accounted for. I don't want to see anything like that happen, obviously.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:26 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It's still possible he has a fluke injury that wipes out his career. I wanted to have all scenarios accounted for. I don't want to see anything like that happen, obviously.

[Image: 69596571.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 04:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yikes! You put Akili Smith on the list?

Burrow now has 60 more yards passing in half a season than Smith had in his 4 year career (2272 versus 2212) and 6 more TD passes, (11 to 5) and 8 fewer INTs (5 to 13).

I believe Burrow will make his own path. Whether the Bengals front office will do what it takes to win a championship is something entirely different. Mike Brown hasn't come close to putting a team together as well his father did and I have my doubts that he or his daughter will ever be able to.

(11-02-2020, 11:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 69596571.jpg]

Not what?
Reply/Quote
I went with Burrow's favorite QB in Brees. But he reminds me of Brady with his mental makeup. Tough sumbitch who just stands
in there takes the hit and delivers the ball fearlessly. I just don't know if we can ever bring in a HC anything like Billy B. At this
time I will go with Brees with his accuracy, but man, if we ever got some great coaching in here anything is possible with this QB
if he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 10:12 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Not what?

Talk about possible career ending injuries for our franchise QB. We have enough doom and gloom around here.

Reply/Quote