Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A winning season
With this win the Bengals are guarantied a winning record. I remember a period of many years with a losing record every year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Holding on to ZT and Anarumo was a genius decision
Reply/Quote
After two weeks, a good amount of this board was nailing the Bengals up as a 4-5 win team in need of a roster rebuild. Good to see them lock up a winning record with 4 games left. Still think we could run the table and finish up at 13-4…which would ALMOST be the best winning percentage in team history.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Last year 10 regular season wins got us to the Super Bowl. We are already at 9 this year. And ascending at the right time. (if we can get healthy)
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: After two weeks, a good amount of this board was nailing the Bengals up as a 4-5 win team in need of a roster rebuild. Good to see them lock up a winning record with 4 games left. Still think we could run the table and finish up at 13-4…which would ALMOST be the best winning percentage in team history.

Let me go out on a bit of a limb and say that , if we win against TB and NE, we WILL finish 13-4.  
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Last year 10 regular season wins got us to the Super Bowl. We are already at 9 this year. And ascending at the right time. (if we can get healthy)

You just earned 7 1/2 brownie points for the correct spelling of ascending.. Congratulations and don't spend them all in one place..  Tongue  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We had 5 straight playoffs under Andy. You’re going back in time!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: After two weeks, a good amount of this board was nailing the Bengals up as a 4-5 win team in need of a roster rebuild. Good to see them lock up a winning record with 4 games left. Still think we could run the table and finish up at 13-4…which would ALMOST be the best winning percentage in team history.

I see what you did there...

It would be the best for a full season. And it would be the first 13 win regular season.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Securing a winning season is nice but these Bengals are not through winning yet.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Securing a winning season is nice but these Bengals are not through winning.

No they are not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:35 PM)BengalRed Wrote: With this win the Bengals are guarantied a winning record. I remember a period of many years with a losing record every year.

Actually we only had 2 losing seasonn in a row past 20 years before Burrow 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually we only had 2 losing seasonn in a row past 20 years before Burrow 

I don't really get your math here but I also say that I should have said non winning seasons. From 1991 to 2004 they had 14 non winning seasons in a row since they went 8-8 three times.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 9-2 since starting 0-2. So many positives. They talked about Zac showing every player in a video … every player this week making a big play in the KC win and contributing. He knows how to bring a team together. Kudos to Zac and the entire staff.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:58 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I don't really get your math here but I also say that I should have said non winning seasons. From 1991 to 2004 they had 14 non winning seasons in a row since they went 8-8 three times.

It’s usually his English I have trouble with… Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We had 5 straight playoffs under Andy. You’re going back in time!

The one and done years! The last 3 kind of felt like losing seasons because we knew that they were going to fold in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 07:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We had 5 straight playoffs under Andy. You’re going back in time!

Even more amazing we could never win one playoff game 
Reply/Quote

Maybe you're going back in time. That ended 7 years ago 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually we only had 2 losing seasonn in a row past 20 years before Burrow 

13 non winning seasons out of 20 before Burrow. 
10 losing seasons out of 20 before Burrow. 
3 in a row from 2000 to 2002. Back to back 2007 and 2008. 4 in a row from 2016-2019. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Back on November 4 after our loss to the Browns on Halloween. 
Your friendly neighborhood Yankee predicted we would go 8 -1.
This while only 39% predicted on a poll of us making the playoffs.    Mellow

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-Does-Your-Instinct-Tell-You-Do-We-Make-Playoffs?pid=1275415#pid1275415

It's easy to say we will go 13 - 4 now, but when we were 4 - 4, that's when I made my prediction.  Cool
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 03:33 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Back on November 4 after our loss to the Browns on Halloween. 
Your friendly neighborhood Yankee predicted we would go 8 -1.
This while only 39% predicted on a poll of us making the playoffs.    Mellow

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-Does-Your-Instinct-Tell-You-Do-We-Make-Playoffs?pid=1275415#pid1275415

It's easy to say we will go 13 - 4 now, but when we were 4 - 4, that's when I made my prediction.  Cool

[Image: kendrick-lamar-sit-down.gif]
Reply/Quote