Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AAF Players
(04-04-2019, 06:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: NFL be better than the AAF?

That's not my point. Why would he want to come here as opposed to any other team that might come calling after we let him go the first time?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:17 PM)NKURyan Wrote: That's not my point. Why would he want to come here as opposed to any other team that might come calling after we let him go the first time?

We put him on the Practice Squad and he got picked off of it, we didn't cut him.

Doubt he will be some hot commodity Ryan.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 04:44 PM)kdgjr Wrote: NFL sent memo to all teams not to talk to them.

Something about possible litigation and NFL teams aren't allowed to other leagues teams.

NFL Teams Can’t Sign AAF Players
April 4th, 2019 at 11:34am CST by Zach Links
The Alliance of American Football suspended operations for the season and its future is very much in doubt. Still, the league’s players are not yet free agents by NFL standards, Mike Florio of PFT hears.

Multiple sources tell Florio the NFL has instructed teams to refrain from talking to AAF players or their representatives. Furthermore, any team that violates that order may be in jeopardy of losing draft picks.

As of this writing, the AAF player contracts are still in tact, even though they will not be playing in any more games for the league and will not be paid going forward. Therefore, NFL teams cannot negotiate with those players until the contracts are technically breached.

The AAF isn’t exactly star-studded, but the league does/did have a handful of players who could be on the NFL radar. Players like quarterback Garrett Gilbert, running back Zac Stacy, wide receivers Charles Johnson and Jalin Marshall, and defensive end Damontre Moore will have to wait until they’re out of contractual limbo before exploring their next chance in the NF

Wouldn't that be when their first paycheck isn't given to them? Certainly can't keep a player from earning a paycheck when their employer goes under. See lawyers getting involved, then it all gets f'd up.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 04:53 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Bring Derron Smith back dude was mvp of the AAF

I want Derron back like many, but he sure as hell wasn't the MVP; there were 5 DBs ahead of him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every team in the NFL disagrees with you.

That is why he was in the AAF.

Good thing I don't dictate my opinions solely off of what others think, eh?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 03:31 PM)pally Wrote: I haven't followed them at all, so now that the players can sign with NFL teams is there anyone worth taking a look at?

are they able to now last I read nfl teams were not allowed to contact them cause they were still under AAF contract and they never set up the deal with the players association
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 07:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, guess thats my point. Of course Derron would want another shot in the NFL even if it is the ones that put him on the PS that he got picked off of. We didn't cut Derron so there should be no ill will.

well you do have to Cut them to get them to the Practice squad I believe.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 09:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Good thing I don't dictate my opinions solely off of what others think, eh?

That depends.

Do you think the sun is a star or a god driving a flaming chariot across the sky?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every team in the NFL disagrees with you.

That is why he was in the AAF.

From what I understand there are a couple dozen AAF players that NFL teams are looking at..I wouldnt say the NFL disagrees.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
And, the signings have begun.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/chiefs-become-first-nfl-team-sign-former-aaf-player/qcz921wnav9p10jiipc1dugiv

Quote:That didn't take long.
Just a couple of hours after the AAF gave its players permission to sign with NFL teams, the Chiefs reportedly reached a deal with cornerback Keith Reaser of the Orlando Apollos, according to ESPN.

According to the report, the deal includes $100,000 up front plus a $50,000 signing bonus. There is also a $25,000 workout bonus and a $25,000 bump if Reaser makes the roster.
The AAF suspended operations Tuesday in a stunning move that left some players stranded in cities far from home, stuck with huge hotel bills, medical costs and with uncertain futures.
The NFL had sent a memo Wednesday to all 32 teams discouraging them from signing or even contacting AAF players, given the uncertain legal status of the situation.
But the AAF's clearance for players to sign may open a small floodgate of movement of players from the eight AAF teams. Many will be like Reaser, players who have had a brief fling with the NFL and were using the AAF to earn a second chance. The 27-year-old defensive back, originally chosen by the 49ers in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft, played 29 games with San Francisco before being released in 2017.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd take a look at DeMarquis Gates, who play LB for Memphis.
Reply/Quote
Bring back Woodside?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That depends.

Do you think the sun is a star or a god driving a flaming chariot across the sky?

To answer this properly would put us in P&R lol
Reply/Quote

Rofl. A star obviously. I'll just leave any further discussion on that for P&R haha.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 09:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Good thing I don't dictate my opinions solely off of what others think, eh?

Good thing buddy, good thing.
Reply/Quote

Issues with Phaethon??

I would say sign who we want. you think the NFL is going to take picks away if several teams start doing it??

But Mr Brown is a stickler for the rules so all of the better ones will be signed before we make a move.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 05:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bring back Derron Smith for safety depth. They should have never let him go in the first place.

Signed by the Vikings

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Rashad Ross signed with Carolina. He was probably my favorite player in the AAF not only did he showcase his talent but he played with a banged up shoulder. You could tell he was in alot of pain and still went out there and caught footballs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 05:33 PM)pally Wrote: Signed by the Vikings

Zim knows whats up.
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin's available now.. He could be our new color commentator on those days when everything just goes to hell and tell us all the team just needs to play better! Maybe he's accept a job as a board moderator here! ..We'd all be banned in the first week..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote