Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC NORTH CHANGING OF THE GUARD
Seems to me the Bengals have taken over control of the AFC North over the last three years.  After just wrapping up 2nd AFC Division title in three years and making the playoffs the last three years and on verge of going 5-1 this year in division and with  seeing the Ravens only make the playoffs 1 out of the last 3 years and Steelers on verge of going 1 out of 3 in the playoffs last three years.. it is evident the Bengals are at the top of the Division.  Now lets become the AFC Conference power we all want to have happen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We just have the trophy back where it belongs.
Reply/Quote
Still plenty of work to be done, before we can claim to be the ones.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Still plenty of work to be done, before we can claim to be the ones.

what work is to be done on the AFC North.. we won the title again.. this thread is about the North.. 
Reply/Quote
Yes!

Kind of like going from a black and white television to a color one! Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: what work is to be done on the AFC North.. we won the title again.. this thread is about the North.. 

When you speak of things like "changing of the guard", it implies much more than simply winning the division crown.  There are 8 Super Bowl trophies that have been won in this division.  So far, the Bengals have not ever finished the job.  Heartbreaking as it is to talk about, I truly thought that the Bengals would win both of the Super Bowls that they have played in...

Let's finish the job, then we can talk about "changing the guard"..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When you speak of things like "changing of the guard", it implies much more than simply winning the division crown.  There are 8 Super Bowl trophies that have been won in this division.  So far, the Bengals have not ever finished the job.  Heartbreaking as it is to talk about, I truly thought that the Bengals would win both of the Super Bowls that they have played in...

Let's finish the job, then we can talk about "changing the guard"..

I disagree.. i am looking at now not the past... winning the division is big even if you are looking at playoffs and home games. the point is the power structure of the North has shifted to the Bengals over the last few years... i don;t think you can argue that
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 08:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes!

Kind of like going from a black and white television to a color one!  Ninja

An upgrade you'll be able to make if you start writing your beg statements on the cardboard more clearly. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: An upgrade you'll be able to make if you start writing your beg statements on the cardboard more clearly. 

[Image: chad-ocho-cinco_original_crop_north.jpg?...h=420&q=75]
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
I won't argue with it. The Bengals are the best team and champions of the North. We are not talking about SBs that happened in the past we are talking about the best team in the AFC North and that's the Bengals. The Steelers are on the decline (Ben can't last forever) and Baltimore are missing some pieces and Cleveland is............... (I don't know what they're doing)
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree.. i am looking at now not the past... winning the division is big even if you are looking at playoffs and home games. the point is the power structure of the North has shifted to the Bengals over the last few years... i don;t think you can argue that

In the 80's many folk thought, "the Bengals are going to be good forever".  How did that work out?  I need for my team to finish the mission, before I go spouting off about being the "new guard" in the AFCN.

Sorry if that offends you, but it is meaningful to me.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: chad-ocho-cinco_original_crop_north.jpg?...h=420&q=75]

ThumbsUp 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the 80's many folk thought, "the Bengals are going to be good forever".  How did that work out?  I need for my team to finish the mission, before I go spouting off about being the "new guard" in the AFCN.

Sorry if that offends you, but it is meaningful to me.

does not offend me just factually you are wrong when we look at what has happen within the division .. sorry if that offends you...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:17 PM)tigerseye Wrote: I won't argue with it. The Bengals are the best team and champions of the North. We are not talking about SBs that happened in the past we are talking about the best team in the AFC North and that's the Bengals. The Steelers are on the decline (Ben can't last forever) and Baltimore are missing some pieces and Cleveland is............... (I don't know what they're doing)

Agree 100%.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 10:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: does not offend me just factually you are wrong when we look at what has happen within the division .. sorry if that offends you...

Winning the division is nice, but respect comes from winning the NFL..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Winning the division is nice, but respect comes from winning the NFL..

sorry you just don;t understand this thread.. it is focused on AFC North only.. we have earned our own respect within this division now from our titles and making the playoffs... 

but you seem preoccupied with changing the theme of thead ... so hopeless to respond to your posts anymore 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: sorry you just don;t understand this thread.. it is focused on AFC North only.. we have earned our own respect within this division now from our titles and making the playoffs... 

but you seem preoccupied with changing the theme of thead ... so hopeless to respond to your posts anymore 

I kinda think we have earned that respect and have for a while.

Since 2009 AFCN championships

Bengals - 3
Ravens - 2
Steelers - 2
Factory or Sadness - 0
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 11:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I kinda think we have earned that respect and have for a while.  

Since 2009 AFCN championships

Bengals - 3
Ravens - 2
Steelers - 2
Factory or Sadness - 0

You damn right 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree.. i am looking at now not the past... winning the division is big even if you are looking at playoffs and home games. the point is the power structure of the North has shifted to the Bengals over the last few years... i don;t think you can argue that

bengals are faux AFCN Champions because they are still the Steelers beyotches.

You've owned the browns and rats, but beating the Steelers only twice these last three seasons surely must leave you with a huge void.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2015, 10:16 AM)Vlad Wrote: bengals are faux AFCN Champions because they are still the Steelers beyotches.

You've owned the browns and rats, but beating the Steelers only twice these last three seasons surely must leave you with a huge void.

Could be worse I suppose, like being swept by a team drafting in the top ten.
Reply/Quote