Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFC North Predictions Week #15
(12-17-2015, 12:30 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: guess Baltimores win had nothing to do with Forsett running for a 150 against defenses.. are you ever going to run out of excuses for when the Steelers lose.. and by the way they also lost scoring 30 points.. which again is the reason I said Steelers might not make the playoffs again.. they are too inconsistent and their defense is just not very good.

Forsett, Steve Smith and Flacco are all out this time around. Ravens mustered 23 points over 4.5 quarters when they had them the first time.

You never said anything on the Steelers being inconsistent or having a bad defense. You just said they can lose to the Ravens again, ignoring Ben, and predicted a loss to the Browns. Overall, the Steelers defense isn't bad at all - 5th in sacks and 10th in points (out of 13 games, 6 came against a top 8 offense.) It's Will Allen at SS and every straight corner LOL that sucks on defense.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 09:49 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Forsett, Steve Smith and Flacco are all out this time around. Ravens mustered 23 points over 4.5 quarters when they had them the first time.

You never said anything on the Steelers being inconsistent or having a bad defense. You just said they can lose to the Ravens again, ignoring Ben, and predicted a loss to the Browns. Overall, the Steelers defense isn't bad at all - 5th in sacks and 10th in points (out of 13 games, 6 came against a top 8 offense.) It's Will Allen at SS and every straight corner LOL that sucks on defense.
If you read my posts in this thread my point has always been that the Steelers have been inconsistent over the last 4 years and have had some bad losses to bad teams in that span, this year they have already lost at home to a bad Baltimore team and with their inconsistent defense that they it would not surprise me if they lose to  at Cleveland or  at Baltimore if they even get by Denver.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you read my posts in this thread my point has always been that the Steelers have been inconsistent over the last 4 years and have had some bad losses to bad teams in that span, this year they have already lost at home to a bad Baltimore team and with their inconsistent defense that they it would not surprise me if they lose to  at Cleveland or  at Baltimore if they even get by Denver.

The defense really isn't inconsistant though. Blake and a few others are consistently terrible in the secondary. The pass rush is consistently strong and the run D is consistently above average. If the Steelers lose, it will be because of poor secondary play, but they're not inconsistent, they are always terrible.

Please stop pretending like Vick's loss to the ravens is somehow related to Ben's performance the next 3 games. You had good points with the Steelers recent history of losses to bad teams and this year's team likely to lose because of the defense (more specifically, the secondary). Equating a healthy Ravens offense barely beating Vick to say that Ben will lose to a ravens team whose entire offense is now on IR is just ridiculous. Randomly predicting the Browns can actually win this time is just as ********.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:30 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The defense really isn't inconsistant though. Blake and a few others are consistently terrible in the secondary. The pass rush is consistently strong and the run D is consistently above average. If the Steelers lose, it will be because of poor secondary play, but they're not inconsistent, they are always terrible.

Please stop pretending like Vick's loss to the ravens is somehow related to Ben's performance the next 3 games. You had good points with the Steelers recent history of losses to bad teams and this year's team likely to lose because of the defense (more specifically, the secondary). Equating a healthy Ravens offense barely beating Vick to say that Ben will lose to a ravens team whose entire offense is now on IR is just ridiculous. Randomly predicting the Browns can actually win this time is just as ********.

Better hope Johnny Fartball don't Tebow your ass! Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:49 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Better hope Johnny Fartball don't Tebow your ass! Tongue

If manziel only puts up 316 yards on the Steelers D, then browns will lose by 40.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:55 AM)6andcounting Wrote: If manziel only puts up 316 yards on the Steelers D, then browns will lose by 40.

That's not what I was referring to, but yeah..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 12:03 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That's not what I was referring to, but yeah..... Mellow

No, Tebow had exactly 316 yards - as in John 3:16 that he wore on his face. That's where I got that from.

I was assuming that is what you were referring to in your initial comment Ninja , which is why i said if that is how many passing yards manziel gets, the Browns will lose by 40.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:30 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The defense really isn't inconsistant though. Blake and a few others are consistently terrible in the secondary. The pass rush is consistently strong and the run D is consistently above average. If the Steelers lose, it will be because of poor secondary play, but they're not inconsistent, they are always terrible.

What team has Johnny Football thrown for the most yards in a game..  answer Steelers.. so you are saying that no way the Steelers can lose to the Browns a division rival at their house.. if that is true.. please explain how the Steelers lost to the worse team in football last year.. Tampa Bay in Pittsburgh... your logic is what is ******** 
Reply/Quote
It would be funny if Manziel pulled that off. And would be a typical Browns move. And yes it happens to the steelers a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 07:02 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: What team has Johnny Football thrown for the most yards in a game..  answer Steelers.. so you are saying that no way the Steelers can lose to the Browns a division rival at their house.. if that is true.. please explain how the Steelers lost to the worse team in football last year.. Tampa Bay in Pittsburgh... your logic is what is ******** 

The Steelers won by 21 points. Manziel got nothing but garbage time yards. Through 3+ quarters the Browns had all of 3 points. Only after the Steelers turned it over on their own 7 yard line did the Browns get their lone TD of the game. manziel was lost all game - sacked 6 times and turned it over twice.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:26 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I really hope the Bengals get a W over SF. That would be huge seeing there is no chance for the Titans to beat NE. At least the Bengals D can beat the 49ers offense alone I think. I am praying for at least 2 out of 3 wins down the stretch to get a bye and get Dalton back. You Bengals fans deserve a break, I mean there has been so much bad luck with this team it stinks.
No team in the history of sports has ever had as bad of luck as we have.

I don't see any way we lose to the Niners as long as we're smart and give Hill the ball to take the pressure off of AJ.

I also think that we go into Denver and bring home a W because we'll get after Brock and I don't think they can keep up with us, even with AJ at QB.
(12-15-2015, 08:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh Cincy won't lose to the steelers again.   Even with AJM in there.   Just from a health standpoint so many players would be back.
Having just Dalton and Eifert back would be a Steeler killer because just Eifert would kill them since they're bad at defending tight ends.

Not to mention that the entire game would have gone different if not for that interception on our opening drive and they can't expect that to happen again.

A more healthy secondary would also make all the difference in the world.
(12-16-2015, 03:49 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL..We literally have the Broncos, Browns and Ra(Browns 2.0) left.  We win out in large fashion.

The Jets have the Pats.  Please stop.

Broncos have the #1 pass defense in the league, as well as the most sacks in the league, and Osweiler is 6'8 and coming off a 300+ yard performance, so he'll just stand in the pocket and pick-apart your terrible secondary.
Reply/Quote
Steelers season will Come down to the Jets vs Pats.   No matter what they do vs Denver.

They are at someone else's mercy.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Steelers season will Come down to the Jets vs Pats.   No matter what they do vs Denver.

They are at someone else's mercy.

If the Steelers win out, they get the 6th seed at worst - though most likely.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:26 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If the Steelers win out, they get the 6th seed at worst - though most likely.

Playing around with the predictor Denver could miss out on the playoffs depending on the Cincy game. If the jets beat the pats.

It's weird to see the Chefs as a possible division winner. This would be the best scenario for us all . Bengals at #2. Steelers at #5 at the AFCS winner. You guys get the South champ and we get another week of rest for AD .
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 05:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Playing around with the predictor Denver could miss out on the playoffs depending on the Cincy game.   If the jets beat the pats.  

It's weird to see the Chefs as a possible division winner.   This would be the best scenario for us all .  Bengals at #2.  Steelers at #5 at the AFCS winner.   You guys get the South champ and we get another week of rest for AD .

KC  wont even make the playoffs if they lose sunday.
 Bengals might end up being the wildcard
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 04:56 AM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: KC  wont even make the playoffs if they lose sunday.
 Bengals might end up being the wildcard

Settle down their chief. We aren't losing the division. And depending on how the offense plays Sunday .... Broncos could be in Real trouble and set up for a 3 game losing streak. They are already trying to force manning back. They are in panic mode.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 08:57 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: Jets will lose in Dallas

wrong on that one.. I really see the Jets winning out.. they just seem to have that tough makeup in tight games, they now have won 4 in a row and NE is not as strong as they once were and they have them at home which is a big bonus and the Bills are just too inconsistent especially at home ... 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:26 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If the Steelers win out, they get the 6th seed at worst - though most likely.
they have to win today or they don;t control their own fate now with the Jets winning
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 12:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: wrong on that one.. I really see the Jets winning out.. they just seem to have that tough makeup in tight games, they now have won 4 in a row and NE is not as strong as they once were and they have them at home which is a big bonus and the Bills are just too inconsistent especially at home ... 

He does this crap on purpose, all the time. 

Makes ridiculous comments. 

Reminds me of another former member on the mothership. 

Brian P, is that you?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2015, 01:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He does this crap on purpose, all the time. 

Makes ridiculous comments. 

Reminds me of another former member on the mothership. 

Brian P, is that you?

well I don;t think it was ridiculous to predict Cowboys at home with a good defense.. but he was pretty firm on it.. so i had to call him out some..
Reply/Quote