Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN Quarterbacks....
(10-03-2021, 06:38 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well to be honest the refs gave the game to the Stains. Without a phantom defensive hold that no one could identify called on the Vikes when it was 4th and goal and Hayseed threw incomplete the Vikings win. 

That call was weak but it could have gone either way. The Browns dominated all game up front. Baker could have put the game out of reach a couple times but just sucked. That’s definitely good to see. He was way more accurate against us last year though.

I’d probably take Big Ben over Baker to be honest. He has some bad games, but he balls out as well. I’m looking forward to Mayfield getting paid and the Browns offensive line/defense falling apart.

I like Burrows potential best if he stays healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: baker would likely have a lot more touchdowns if their run game wasnt so good.

Ben is on the Decline...  But one should never write him out
I disagree. Take away their good run game and play action off of it, Baker is average at best.
Reply/Quote
And Ben throws a terrible pick to seal the loss!

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:48 AM)motoarch Wrote: I want to argue with you but 

Super Bowl 33. John Elway (MVP), 1 TD

Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer (Ray Lewis), 1 TD
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson (Malcolm Smith), 2TDs
Super Bowl 49: Tom Brady (MVP), 4TDs
Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning (Von Miller), 0TDs
Super Bowl 51: Tom Brady (MVP), 2TDs
Super Bowl 52: Nick Foles (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 53: Tom Brady (Julian Edelman), 0TDs
[b]Super Bowl 54: [/b]Patrick Mahomes (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 55: Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs

Between SB 33 and 55 you have only 2 running QBs that have won SBs.  John Elway and Russell Wilson.  Rogers is 10th all time in rushing yards for QBs but Im not going to try to pretend he's a rushing QB and Brady is 10th all time in attempts by a QB but, lol just no.

so, point taken.  He still really fun to watch.

I can't argue with that, but in a vacuum, not taking into consideration the strength of the team around him, Lamar is the one I least look forward to playing in the here and now.  It seems like he absolutely abuses this team every time they play.  I get that we had a crap defense most of the time, but we still beat Ben and even Baker each at least once with the same crap defense.  Lamar took away all of the good feelings from the end of season wins last year when they came in and blasted the Bengals.  

Yeah, he's skinny, and yeah he needs to get more consistent in the passing game to prolong his career.  I'd argue that he has far less talented pass catchers than the other two, but that's what it is.  He makes big mistakes at the end of close games, but his games vs the Bengals are never close.  

I think the Bengals can beat both of the other guys.  It will take some proving for me to believe that they have an effective plan for Jackson.  He may or may not deteriorate physically due to his playing style in a few years, but what happens between now and when that time comes?  From what I've seen, he just plain kicks our asses.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: 243320864_2996150493988827_4847309873329...e=61791187]

That's a creative and hilarious meme. Not all heroes wear capes.

(09-28-2021, 09:32 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think Joe is the best passer, Lamar obviously the best athlete, Baker has the best team around him. Ben is a tree.

I see no lies.

Also, while I do think age is a factor with Ben, I also think he was incredibly overrated due to the championships he won with an incredible team around him. He and Tomlin haven't accomplished squat over the last decade, after Chin's team fell apart.

He and Eli are going to be 2 of the most average QBs in the HOF. Especially Eli, but Ben too for sure.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2021, 07:24 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: That call was weak but it could have gone either way. The Browns dominated all game up front. Baker could have put the game out of reach a couple times but just sucked. That’s definitely good to see. He was way more accurate against us last year though.

I’d probably take Big Ben over Baker to be honest. He has some bad games, but he balls out as well. I’m looking forward to Mayfield getting paid and the Browns offensive line/defense falling apart.

I like Burrows potential best if he stays healthy.

Baker had an off day by his recent standard, but the pig is something like 2-8 in his last 10.

For good measure, I attached a picture of how Pig Ben sees Logan Wilson below....

Get it? 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Baker had an off day by his recent standard, but the pig is something like 2-8 in his last 10.

For good measure, I attached a picture of how Pig Ben sees Logan Wilson below....

Get it? 

I don’t see the picture. Are you saying Dirty Burger cant see Wilson?

Baker is on a great offense with a great offensive line. If Ben had that, this wouldn’t be a comparison. If baker had Bens line, same deal. Good qbs can struggle on bad teams. It takes a special kind of qb to struggle on a great team.
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Burrow near the top thus far...

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 06:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burrow near the top thus far...

And to think this is not even Burrow at 100%. Most people that have had similar injuries say it takes a full year to get completely back to normal.

Also, Kyler Murray is playing at an MVP level right now. Once Brady and Rodgers retire, this league is going to belong to the young guys like Burrow, Murray, Herbert, Allen, etc.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 05:54 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don’t see the picture. Are you saying Dirty Burger cant see Wilson?

Baker is on a great offense with a great offensive line. If Ben had that, this wouldn’t be a comparison. If baker had Bens line, same deal. Good qbs can struggle on bad teams. It takes a special kind of qb to struggle on a great team.

Yes, Piggy has a terminal case of "Linebackerinvisibleitis".  And, no, Pig Ben wouldn't be doing the same as Baker.  He misses wide open WRs when it is blocked up, has zero mobility, and zero arm strength.  Pig is ready to be made in to bacon.  
Reply/Quote