Poll: Which AFCN do you fear the most in 2024?
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
No one
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AFCN - who do you fear the most in 2024?
(07-01-2024, 08:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Baltimore got stronger this off season, so that should be the obvious answer.

Really? They got stronger by losing their defensive coach and six starters? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2024, 01:25 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: This is specifically about our run defense so thanks for making my point. 

It’s not that simple knothead. Are we better at DJ’s spot? I think we are. You can’t just look at punting and say special teams suck.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Steelers, because it looks like they finally found a solution to their QB problem. Russell Willson may not be what he used to be, but intangibles wise; he's the best they've had in a very long time.

Ravens with a healthy Lamar isn't as scary. Lost some parts to that defense that will make up for any improvement they have offensively. Browns shouldn't be a problem anymore. There's no reason we can't see them blow for blow anymore.
Reply/Quote
I am not a fan of fear being used to answer this question. The team I respect the most is the Ravens, great on all 3 units fairly consistently. May have the best kicker in the NFL. They draft and bring in FAs to shore up weaknesses.

I am happy to split with them each year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 10:52 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Steelers, because it looks like they finally found a solution to their QB problem. Russell Willson may not be what he used to be, but intangibles wise; he's the best they've had in a very long time.

Ravens with a healthy Lamar isn't as scary. Lost some parts to that defense that will make up for any improvement they have offensively. Browns shouldn't be a problem anymore. There's no reason we can't see them blow for blow anymore.

I feel like we've been saying the Browns aren't a problem for like 6 or 7 years now... Seems like we've beaten them maybe 3 times in that span (if that).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
all 3 for different reasons

Browns: always seem to beat cincy. they have the bengals' number
Ravens: will be the main competition for the division
Steelers: most likely to injure the bengals

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 11:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not a fan of fear being used to answer this question. The team I respect the most is the Ravens, great on all 3 units fairly consistently. May have the best kicker in the NFL. They draft and bring in FAs to shore up weaknesses.

I am happy to split with them each year.

It isn't really about fear true. If Burrow is healthy everyone should fear the Bengals especially if our Defense gets it's ass together
and starts to communicate and tackle better. I used to respect the Ravens until they started getting almost as dirty as the stealers 
and Harbaugh started crying and complaining to the NFL about completely legal tackles and making them illegal.

Screw the Ratbirds now along with the rest of the Division. Let's sweep the bastids. Whatever

(07-05-2024, 01:15 PM)jason Wrote: I feel like we've been saying the Browns aren't a problem for like 6 or 7 years now... Seems like we've beaten them maybe 3 times in that span (if that).

Truth. We only beat them when it means nothing to them or nothing to us. Need to start beating them in the first game we meet 
those Stains every year instead of the last where either we or they are resting starters.

(07-05-2024, 01:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: all 3 for different reasons

Browns: always seem to beat cincy. they have the bengals' number
Ravens: will be the main competition for the division
Steelers: most likely to injure the bengals

This.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2024, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They lost a lot of good players, 3 starting O-lineman, their Defensive Coordinator McDonald etc.

Derrick Henry was King back in the day, but he could easily fall off at any time with how many carries he has had over his career and being a
RB where it is probably the shortest lived position in football. If the O-line of the Ravens isn't very good, Henry doesn't scare me, I know we 
had DJ Reader when we pretty much shut him down before but I think Lou knows what to do.

Our Defense will be much better stopping the run this year I am pretty sure. For some reason the Browns are the team that runs all over us
with Nick Chubb who I think is a better RB than Henry.

Lamar has shown he can win without much at Wr and a revolving RB... adding Henry and with the best compliment of WRs with Andrews, Ravens will be a tough team.. i see them as our biggest threat
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 05:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lamar has shown he can win without much at Wr and a revolving RB... adding Henry and with the best compliment of WRs with Andrews, Ravens will be a tough team.. i see them as our biggest threat

Good points. With both, they can beat you on the ground. Regardless of what formation they're in. Defenses might struggle with that.
Reply/Quote
Browns, Browns, Browns! As long as they have Garrett we will struggle. Other than us, I think the Browns have the most talented roster. They have some serious weapons, if Watson gets his feet under him look out. Damn I hate our division.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 08:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Browns, Browns, Browns! As long as they have Garrett we will struggle. Other than us, I think the Browns have the most talented roster. They have some serious weapons, if Watson gets his feet under him look out. Damn I hate our division.

We have a vicious division. Always have, always will. AFCN is the hardest-hitting, cheap-shot (steelers, Browns, Ravens) division there is. There's almost a rivalry between every team. I love it in some ways, but hate it in other ways. I fear malicious injuries every single game against the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2024, 08:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Browns, Browns, Browns! As long as they have Garrett we will struggle. Other than us, I think the Browns have the most talented roster. They have some serious weapons, if Watson gets his feet under him look out. Damn I hate our division.

Ive been hearing Browns, Browns, Browns for last three years and to be honest i think the ship has passed, their drafts have been thin last three years, and FA they only really dipped in due to cap issues, they lost the QB that actually saved them to get to playoffs since 2020 in Flaco, I think the ship is sailing on the Browns unless underachieving , injury prone Watson has a 180 turn around
Reply/Quote