Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ/AD to new team next year
I remember when we drafted Green we gave him pick of which QB he wanted and he said Dalton. Look for Dalton to get traded to whatever team AJ signs with next season if he doesn't come off the bench.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sounding like the Broncos or Chicago from all the talk yesterday.

Both in need of a QB/WR duo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sounding like the Broncos or Chicago from all the talk yesterday.

Both in need of a QB/WR duo.

Dalton and AJ to Chicago with that defense would be pretty interesting.  Chicago doesn't have any high picks due to the Mack trade, so I guess they just get one or both as FAs?
Reply/Quote
Lol AJ could stay here and maybe play with Burrow or Tua, or follow Andy Dalton...

Broncos and Bears picking up Dalton would be fitting. Neither has been able to field a decent QB in years (and don’t give me the corpse of Peyton Manning).

Reply/Quote
Is Trubisky really that bad in Chicago? He has an 81.4 passer rating. 64.6% completion percentage.

Dalton 79.2 passer rating and 60.4% completion percentage.

2016 was the last time Dalton had a completion percentage above 64.6%.
Reply/Quote
I think Chicago has watched Watson and Mahones and have pretty much turned on Mitch (not his fault they passed on them).

Dalton likely won't make that much of a difference, but the city is blinded by Mitch hate so they may not be able to scout Qb's all that well right now and thus are pressed to replace him with anyone.

Dalton does have 5 straight playoff runs out of 9 years, which nearly no other qb not named Brady/Wilson can say.

Speaking of Daltons playoff runs anyone else with that record wouldn't be benched you'd think. He was hurt by his early success, as we can only hope the next qb gets us to 5 playoff appearances in 9 years. If they did, I doubt we'd be running them away like we did Dalton.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is Trubisky really that bad in Chicago? He has an 81.4 passer rating. 64.6% completion percentage.

I live here in Chi.  Transplant from Cincy, have Sunday ticket for Bengals (tried to cancel it after week 4 to no avail)

I see a lot of FOX bears games, usually betting against them

Mitch is a little more athletic version of Dalton, with one thing on his side - young age.  He is overall terrible, just like Andy.   
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:28 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: I remember when we drafted Green we gave him pick of which QB he wanted and he said Dalton. Look for Dalton to get traded to whatever team AJ signs with next season if he doesn't come off the bench.

If they didnt trade AJ they definitely are not going to let him walk the Bengals will tag him first.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think Chicago has watched Watson and Mahones and have pretty much turned on Mitch.

Correct.  To trade up to get him as well, when it was not needed, is Bengal level incompetence. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:28 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: I remember when we drafted Green we gave him pick of which QB he wanted and he said Dalton. Look for Dalton to get traded to whatever team AJ signs with next season if he doesn't come off the bench.

This is so fake, I cant stop laughing. 

Yes, we drafted AJ green then rushed him to the war room asked him what QB we should draft! And he said ANDY!!!
Reply/Quote
Patriots could be a contender for both. For the record I think they keep AJ but who knows.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is Trubisky really that bad in Chicago? He has an 81.4 passer rating. 64.6% completion percentage.

Trubisky has 2 Pro Bowl O-linemen and a Pro Bowl WR yet he still doesn't throw anything further than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trubisky has 2 Pro Bowl O-linemen and a Pro Bowl WR yet he still doesn't throw anything further than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Kyle Long is on IR for the 4th straight season - Stay relevant 

He has not made a probowl since 2015
Reply/Quote

Yes, he's really that bad. I've watched most of the Bears games this season while hanging out with friends and he's terrible. Stats don't tell the tale here because when there's no pressure or they're outside the RZ he'll do just OK enough to make you think he's competent. Once the field starts to shrink, he's a disaster. Go watch the game from last Sunday against the Chargers where once the Bears were in the red zone they couldn't do anything (1-5 in red zone opportunities). Trubisky was clueless. He'll take unnecessary sacks & make insanely stupid decisions with the ball like throwing into double and triple coverage because he's just locked on to that receiver. He's at best a 1 read QB, and even then it's an adventure once the ball is in the air.

I'm trying to think of a good comparison to make with him, maybe like a Jameis Winston where one week he'll look like a stud and the next week you wonder actively how he's able to walk and breathe at the same time. There's little consistency with him. And while the completion percentage looks good, consider that a large number of those completions are to HB's and TE's on dump offs (He's averaging 5.6 yds/pass, Dalton's at 6.7).
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trubisky has 2 Pro Bowl O-linemen and a Pro Bowl WR yet he still doesn't throw anything further than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

This. 

Andy on the Bears would be an immediate upgrade. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:03 PM)mt415tress Wrote: I live here in Chi.  Transplant from Cincy, have Sunday ticket for Bengals (tried to cancel it after week 4 to no avail)

I see a lot of FOX bears games, usually betting against them

Mitch is a little more athletic version of Dalton, with one thing on his side - young age.  He is overall terrible, just like Andy.   

Ahh, another Chicago area Bengals fan! How're you digging the Halloween snow today?
Reply/Quote
Also Trubisky does not have skillet handed receivers (the Bears do not lead the NFL in dropped passes...I wonder who does?)...

Trubisky also has a decent run game and even with Long out the OL is a sound one.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:32 PM)Ravage Wrote: Ahh, another Chicago area Bengals fan! How're you digging the Halloween snow today?

Sucks, right? I work in the loop but live in the Burbs.  The walk to Union is going to be fun!

How about you?  I hope my town postpones Trick or Treating till Sat. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:35 PM)mt415tress Wrote: Sucks, right? I work in the loop but live in the Burbs.  The walk to Union is going to be fun!

How about you?  I hope my town postpones Trick or Treating till Sat. 

I'm from here, lived here all my life save for going to UK for college (so I could go to PBS on Sundays), so I'm used to it. This isn't my first Halloween with snow on the ground, the worse one is when it's upper 30's-low 40's and freezing rain, those years SUCKED. I'm out by Allstate Arena and O'Hare.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 02:14 PM)mt415tress Wrote: Kyle Long is on IR for the 4th straight season - Stay relevant 

He has not made a probowl since 2015

LT Charles Leno and OC Cody Whitehair have started every game this year.

This is too easy. Hilarious
Reply/Quote