Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Blames Himself
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, because it took place while the boards were down, and it's kind of old news by now, but I figured it's worth mentioning.

They interview AJ post-game after the Texans game, and you can see that he's just beating the hell out of himself inside. He says that they left too many plays out on the field, but he mentions twice (without being specifically asked about it) that he needs to hang on to the ball.

He demands more out of himself and I think he comes out this week and lights it up, and it's especially awesome because most big time receivers would be being divas and pointing the finger at other people and saying how the rest of the team is to blame, but AJ puts this on himself, even though the entire team had a bad game.

I feel pretty confident that he'll come out and light-it-up tonight.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Eifert blamed himself too. I think someone else on the team blamed themselves, so there are 3 that took ownership. I'd like to see Hue take ownership sometimes. Starting to remind me of Gruden on his way out.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 01:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Eifert blamed himself too. I think someone else on the team blamed themselves, so there are 3 that took ownership. I'd like to see Hue take ownership sometimes. Starting to remind me of Gruden on his way out.

A.jones blamed himself. Don't worry fellows there was plenty to go around.  Smirk
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ and especially Eifert SHOULD have blamed themselves....lol

What am I missing?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 02:19 PM)Whacked Wrote: AJ and especially Eifert SHOULD have blamed themselves....lol

What am I missing?

You are missing the point that not all NFL players take the blame for their own mistakes.
Reply/Quote
AJ keeps fumbling... he has to correct this.... good chance we would have scored and won the game if not for that fumble, that is why he is beating himself up on this... he has to stop fumbling the ball... if he had a bit of Hines Ward or Steve Smith Sr.. in him he then would be considered elite... well people see him as elite but if he had these guys toughness he then would be elite.. i dont think he is as good as everyone says.. sorry but that is how i feel... trust me i dont want him on the other team but so far he has not been exactly what the hype has been stating.. he is one the best in the nfl but i want him to be the best cause he can.... he needs to step it up... even more...
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the team might profit from bringing in someone like a former elite receiver to work with the receivers and TEs on technique? It could put the group over the top.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wonder if the team might profit from bringing in someone like a former elite receiver to work with the receivers and TEs on technique? It could put the group over the top.

I wouldn't mind if they brought in Chad or TJ. At least they always attacked the ball and rarely fumbled. Maybe Chad could give them some pointers on catching balls that are out of bounds as well. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
^^^THIS
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:01 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wonder if the team might profit from bringing in someone like a former elite receiver to work with the receivers and TEs on technique? It could put the group over the top.

^^^THIS again 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't mind if they brought in Chad or TJ. At least they always attacked the ball and rarely fumbled. Maybe Chad could give them some pointers on catching balls that are out of bounds as well. 

Or maybe we could bring in the WR coach that guided these two through the best years of their careers.
Reply/Quote

Great players often make poor coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't mind if they brought in Chad or TJ. At least they always attacked the ball and rarely fumbled. Maybe Chad could give them some pointers on catching balls that are out of bounds as well. 

Those preseason videos of TJ out there with the group really got me excited.  Not sure I would quite trust Chad as a coach just yet.  Love that guy to death don't get me wrong, but just don't know if he would end up being a distraction unfortunately.  TJ seemed to be a positive reinforcing voice out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 02:37 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: AJ keeps fumbling...  he has to correct this....  good chance we would have scored and won the game if not for that fumble, that is why he is beating himself up on this... he has to stop fumbling the ball... if he had a bit of Hines Ward or Steve Smith Sr.. in him he then would be considered elite...  well people see him as elite but if he had these guys toughness he then would be elite..  i dont think he is as good as everyone says..  sorry but that is how i feel...  trust me i dont want him on the other team but so far he has not been exactly what the hype has been stating..   he is one the best in the nfl but i want him to be the best cause he can....   he needs to step it up... even more...

4 lost fumbles in his career. Granted, two of them on potential game winning drives.

BTW, Dez, Julio, Demaryius and Antonio Brown all have just as many or more.

"AJ keeps fumbling the ball" is a bit of an overstatement.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or maybe we could bring in the WR coach that guided these two through the best years of their careers.

Or maybe that coach is too busy coordinating the offense and constructing game plans to do what he did when he was...you know...coaching WR's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "AJ keeps fumbling the ball" is a bit of an overstatement.

Another perfect example of the grief people give AJ around here.

Green is #3 all time in NFL history in receiving yards per game, yet some people around here act like he gets shut down all the time.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 02:37 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: AJ keeps fumbling...  he has to correct this....  good chance we would have scored and won the game if not for that fumble, that is why he is beating himself up on this... he has to stop fumbling the ball... if he had a bit of Hines Ward or Steve Smith Sr.. in him he then would be considered elite...  well people see him as elite but if he had these guys toughness he then would be elite..  i dont think he is as good as everyone says..  sorry but that is how i feel...  trust me i dont want him on the other team but so far he has not been exactly what the hype has been stating..   he is one the best in the nfl but i want him to be the best cause he can....   he needs to step it up... even more...

"keeps fumbling..."??? I don't understand this comment. I believe Green is averaging about one fumble a year or something like that.

Reply/Quote

I do think TJ is coaching material, but obviously he's yet to get that opportunity. If he could transfer the mental aspect of the toughness he displayed in moving the chains, someone will get a good WR's coach.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 01:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I haven't seen this posted anywhere, because it took place while the boards were down, and it's kind of old news by now, but I figured it's worth mentioning.

They interview AJ post-game after the Texans game, and you can see that he's just beating the hell out of himself inside.  He says that they left too many plays out on the field, but he mentions twice (without being specifically asked about it) that he needs to hang on to the ball.

He demands more out of himself and I think he comes out this week and lights it up, and it's especially awesome because most big time receivers would be being divas and pointing the finger at other people and saying how the rest of the team is to blame, but AJ puts this on himself, even though the entire team had a bad game.

I feel pretty confident that he'll come out and light-it-up tonight.

Rock On

Good he should blame himself as well as the rest of the offense for that piss poor performance last Sunday. Action AJ not words, don't come out and play flat like you did on Monday.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 07:01 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I do think TJ is coaching material, but obviously he's yet to get that opportunity. If he could transfer the mental aspect of the toughness he displayed in moving the chains, someone will get a good WR's coach.

That's where I think TJ could excel as a coach- route running and teaching our receivers to be more sure-handed.

I loved TJ while he was here, but I'm still a little salty with how he wanted out of here to be the main guy, only to find out that he didn't have the skills to be a #1, so he did things like open his mouth about the Chad Johnson situation and say how Chad was miserable.

I don't know if he was asked about it and just replying, but I don't care either way because he should have just said "no comment" or "those conversations are between Chad and myself."
Reply/Quote