Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Contract situation
You give Aj what he wants. He wants to retire a bengal, that's loyalty to this organization. Hell that means alot to me that a great player like him wants to stay with us. We keep him he's a great guy and a winner. Great players like him only come around every decade or so.
Reply/Quote
I'd give him another 4 year 60 million.
Reply/Quote
I’d give him 12 years and 150 million guaranteed. He’s a great person and deserves it. Who gives a crap if the Bengals win, that’s not really why they play the games.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 01:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Mike Brown will find a way sour AJ Green before all is done. That is how it's gone with every Bengals star since Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM. From Esiason to Pickens to Dillon to Palmer to Whitworth the partings were sour.

The Bengals will low-ball AJ, there will be texts from Blackburn to AJ's agent disparaging AJ's value and someone else will see his value for what it is and he'll be on their team for another 3 or 4 years. Meanwhile, Bengals will not address WR because Ross' one game wonder will blind them into thinking he's their next star.

Yup exactly. Mike thinks Tyler Boyd is the next Aj so we can let Aj go... no fn way. We have to keep Aj. It would be the dumbest move this franchise could make is to let him go.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:10 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’d give him 12 years and 150 million guaranteed. He’s a great person and deserves it. Who gives a crap if the Bengals win, that’s not really why they play the games.

Not only that he is a great player.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 06:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: AD and Marvin are gone so he may just want to stay.

Made Pro Bowls and the playoffs with them, too. HE's hurt, I think in more ways than one.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 06:39 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dalton is gone after this year so give him Andy's money and guarantee him like 25 million. He would retire a Bengal and not have to prove himself somewhere else. If that won't satisfy him then sianara AJ.

Dalton might not be gone if they can't find a trade partner for the terms they want.  His salary is low enough to keep him as a mentor to either Finley or a draft pick, with the combined QB salaries for the position coming in less than the 13th highest paid QB.

The problem with AJ is that he will want multiple years at 18-22, not a single season.  So tagging him for one season while blowing everything up around him is just going to piss him off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:10 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’d give him 12 years and 150 million guaranteed. He’s a great person and deserves it. Who gives a crap if the Bengals win, that’s not really why they play the games.

I’m pretty confidant that AJ will be a better player next year than any one we would have drafted with whatever picks we might have been offered yesterday. At this point the line of great players who want to be in Cincinnati begins and ends with AJ Green. I say that’s enough to keep him around. Give him what he wants.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:05 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'd give him another 4 year 60 million.

They could give him 10 year 150 mil contract but what he is looking at is guaranteed money. He has missed too many games to be considered as a top WR. Missing the last 16 games means the Bengals have given him 15 million he didn't deserve. He needs to sign a team friendly contract that pays him for production. He was supposed to miss 6-8 weeks and its been 12. I believe he isn't playing now because if he reinjures himself it will cost him money. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:17 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yup exactly. Mike thinks Tyler Boyd is the next Aj so we can let Aj go... no fn way. We have to keep Aj. It would be the dumbest move this franchise could make is to let him go.

They already made the dumbest move ever when the let Whit go....

And then Zeitler....

And....oh look, the line still sucks. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Not only that he is a great player.  ThumbsUp

Not only that, he’s aging and has had bad wheels for the last year plus.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:30 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I’m pretty confidant that AJ will be a better player next year than any one we would have drafted with whatever picks we might have been offered yesterday. At this point the line of great players who want to be in Cincinnati begins and ends with AJ Green. I say that’s enough to keep him around. Give him what he wants.

Yep, give him whatever he ask for. WR is more important to offense than stupid Oline anyways.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:38 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Yep, give him whatever he ask for. WR is more important to offense than stupid Oline anyways.

I didn’t realize if we sign AJ Green we can’t sign anyone for the O-line. I’m glad you are here to explain these things.
Reply/Quote
Dalton gone=16 million. Aj gone = who knows . Take that 32+ million and buy Oline players and draft replacements for Dalton and Green
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:51 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I didn’t realize if we sign AJ Green we can’t sign anyone for the O-line. I’m glad you are here to explain these things.

I’ll explain it another way for you. You could sign AJ and that Oline guy or 2 Oline guys or the top Oline guy and a top LB... see how that works? Whatever you sign AJ for, you could have put that money in another spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 07:57 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dalton gone=16 million. Aj gone = who knows . Take that 32+ million and buy Oline players and draft replacements for Dalton and Green

But why take a chance on drafting a replacement for Green when we could jut sign AJ Green? Which cheap or rookie WR is going to come in and give you the immediate impact AJ Green can? And at that point we are drafting a QB, a WR, and help on the O-line? And if we do draft all of that, what’s happening to our defense? That’s been pretty bad as well and needs some attention. Letting Green walk away just puts another hole in the roster.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:05 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’ll explain it another way for you. You could sign AJ and that Oline guy or 2 Oline guys or the top Oline guy and a top LB... see how that works? Whatever you sign AJ for, you could have put that money in another spot.

Thanks again man, that explains it so much better!

But as soon as you take the money from AJ and put it into a linebacker and a OT, what do we do at WR? Do you feel Boyd, Tate, and Ross are sufficient? I don’t at this point so you just created another hole to fill. What do we do with that one? Trade Geno and use his money to fill our #1 WR slot? Then what about DT?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:11 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: Thanks again man, that explains it so much better!

But as soon as you take the money from AJ and put it into a linebacker and a OT, what do we do at WR? Do you feel Boyd, Tate, and Ross are sufficient? I don’t at this point so you just created another hole to fill. What do we do with that one? Trade Geno and use his money to fill our #1 WR slot? Then what about DT?

Those WR’s aren’t great, I’ll give you that. I think that they look a little better with a good line though. The line can establish the Run which helps the passing game big time. I get that you like AJ, I do too. I just place more importance on using money to establish the line first. You really don’t get the most that you can from AJ if u have a crap line. I try to look at the players like a stock. When do you sell? When do you buy? Milk the best years from a player and then have a plan in place to cash out right before they begin a serious decline. AJ is a cool guy but I don’t get hung up on that. Everyone on here would build a team differently. I just believe that a very strong line can help the running and passing game more than wide receivers help the line or running game. I’d never tell anyone that my ideas are better than theirs. They’re just different. I think that AJ probably will be here on a 3 year deal and I hope that he plays fantastic. I just don’t believe that he will. It’s just an opinion.
Reply/Quote
I honestly see where you are coming from. I’m at a point that I assume we have a multi year rebuild ahead of us. Would a cheaper #1 receiver and some other pieces rebuild a little faster? If we hit on draft picks maybe. I feel like the goodwill AJ could bring outweighs the little bit of a boost letting him leave would give to the rebuild.

Like you said, each of us would build differently. I’m pretty sure 80-90% of them would be better than what will actually end up happening.
Reply/Quote
Tiger
This is mainly for the posts at the beginning of this thread.

All anybody wants to talk about is AJ doesn't want to be Tagged. Here's the whole quote:

For a rain-shortened practice before everybody left for the bye weekend, a lot happened Wednesday before noon at Paul Brown Stadium:
- Rookie quarterback Ryan Finley went through his first practice as the starter on The Paul’s turf and it just so happened to be the first practice of the season wide receiver A.J. Green took reps with the offense. Green reported he even caught a ball, a slant-in, from Finley. Green’s goal is to have his first full practice a week from Wednesday and to play his first game against the Ravens at PBS a week from Sunday if all goes well with the ankle.

- After practice Green reminisced about his days with quarterback Andy Dalton (favorite moment: that first Pro Bowl when they were rookies in the locker room with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis) and talked about how much Dalton means to him personally and professionally. Then he dropped a bit of news and said he’d play under the franchise tag if it ever came to that.

“What is it? 18, 20 million?” Green asked. “I’m not one of these guys that’s going to sit out and give away money.”
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote