Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ GREEN Not 100 %....????
(12-06-2019, 05:24 PM)jason Wrote: AJ Green is gonna stop by y'all's place of employment, smack the broom outta your hands, and tell you you're spoiled and make too much money.

Funny how we all claim to hate ownership, and management, yet take their side over the players... Our best players at that.

It would likely be different if he were actually playing in games. 

At this point 'player' is sort of inaccurate. Let's call him an employee of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Reports stated that Green's ankle just recently quit swelling every time he ran through those cones. But, haters gonna hate. He will be here next season, or he won't. Anyone emphatically stating he will or won't is just blowing hot air right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:59 PM)kevin Wrote: It's all about Green, his Agent, and Free Agency in a few months.   A blind man could see it.   Had the Bengals resigned him, he might be out there, but they didn't, and he isn't.   Mike Brown and Bengals planned for this day by drafting Ross round 1. The bad news is that he never plays either.

In your story, the Bengals signed Ross in order to not resign Green. But Ross never plays. So they have had plenty of time to realize they need to resign Green. Your statement does not make sense. Besides, isn't signing a young WR to replace an aging WR considered smart? Green will be resigned....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the hell would you know!?!?!?!?!!?

When's the last time you ran through cones?

Well...  didn't you get the memo?

We all packed our shit and headed to PBS for a try out, after Mixon called us out like a little beyotch.

Cue the Twisted Sister music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  I just don't see why people in this situation can't see that AJ and Mike Brown are both rich guys who are refusing to put in effort and work because they'd rather do things their respective ways.

I can't see it because I have no idea if Green is able to play.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't see it because I have no idea if Green is able to play.

The guy has been day to day for damn near 5 months so we've had plenty of time to speculate, I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:59 PM)kevin Wrote: It's a whole new NFL.   In the 1979 season Super Bowl Jack Youngblood of the LA Rams played D Line against Steelers on a broken leg.  I saw Bengals Bob Trumpy hit the Riverfront astroturf with parking lot cement under it, and knock himself out, carried off the field and return to the game.   I'm not saying NFL should not be more for players health today, they should.

However, I have seen the footage of AJ Green running through the cones in warm-ups.   This idea that he has to be 100 %.  How many players are out there dinged up over the season at this point and not at 100 % health.   How many of you can call into work or school and say you aren't coming in because you are kind of OK, but not 100 %.   How often is anybody really 100 %.

All this Bengals talk that Green may play this year.  Green will not play Sunday and that leaves 3 games left in season.  Look, the Bengals didn't resign him, the man is going Free Agent to another team in a few months.  This really is a " Do you need a brick wall to fall on you ".   Greens main goal now is to go into Free Agency healthy.  That might even be Bengals goal if they get a comp draft pick if he leaves, I'm not sure if he is a comp pick status.

So it's a good bet AJ Green played his last game for Bengals somewhere in 2018.  He has had his share of injuries last few years missing games. Green and Ross are the 2 best WR's that never play anymore, and THAT adds to the 1-11 record greatly.

This isn't just me.  NFL Games on TV have shown Green running the cones before the game and then on the sidelines and game announcers have asked, " Whats up with that ".  They have added many other players are out there not 100 %.

It's all about Green, his Agent, and Free Agency in a few months.   A blind man could see it.   Had the Bengals resigned him, he might be out there, but they didn't, and he isn't.   Mike Brown and Bengals planned for this day by drafting Ross round 1. The bad news is that he never plays either.

Frankly, I don't blame AJ. Why risk an injury for an inept coach and an owner who has already presented you with his highest and best low-ball offer.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 09:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Frankly, I don't blame AJ. Why risk an injury for an inept coach and an owner who has already presented you with his highest and best low-ball offer.

Because you are being paid $1 million a game. If you can play then you play or give the money back.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 06:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well...  didn't you get the memo?

We all packed our shit and headed to PBS for a try out, after Mixon called us out like a little beyotch.

Cue the Twisted Sister music !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy's such a punk ass...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
AJ’s agent told him not to step on the field this year. He agreed. That’s pretty much it.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:26 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I love aj but it’s time to move on. He’s not good for 16 games anymore this next draft is loaded at wr, so take the rd 3-4 comp pick he’ll give us next year. Next years top 5 picks are great to solid btw;

1-burrow
2- young
3-Thomas
4- jeudy
5-tua if healthy

It'll actually be a 2021 comp pick.

Also watch AJ go out and sign a 1 year prove-it deal with a lot of incentives, the Bengals get a 6th or 7th round comp pick because it was only a 1 year deal so the total value was low, he kills it, and signs a 4 year deal the next offseason.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes and no. The Bengals probably would like him to play at least a game or two because it helps the franchise's evaluation of him and the team as a whole going into next year. However, the risk is just too much for him financially.

Personally, I'm treating Green like I did Eifert the past couple years. I'm fine bringing in someone new and letting him walk.

does anyone care anymore if he plays?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:16 PM)kalibengal Wrote: does anyone care anymore if he plays?

He’s actually helping us by not playing. If he does we’ll probably win a game or two and mess up our pick.

Reply/Quote
I feel like we're destined to draft Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 01:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like we're destined to draft Herbert.

You shut your mouth!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 09:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Because you are being paid $1 million a game. If you can play then you play or give the money back.

Except it doesn't work that way. The team could cut him and not pay him, if he's healthy enough to play. If he's not healthy enough to play, then the team has to pay him until he is or the contract runs out.

Fair? Not really. Players do take advantage of this all the time.

However, Mike Brown has already low-balled AJ for the next contract setting the stage for AJ's exit.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 10:28 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: AJ’s agent told him not to step on the field this year. He agreed. That’s pretty much it.

Sounds about right. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 05:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: In your story, the Bengals signed Ross in order to not resign Green. But Ross never plays. So they have had plenty of time to realize they need to resign Green. Your statement does not make sense. Besides, isn't signing a young WR to replace an aging WR considered smart? Green will be resigned....

Green will not be resigned.  He is going Free Agent.  If Bengals wanted him, he would be already signed.  He is going Free Agent.  Some team will offer Green and his agent the moon and stars and no way Mike Brown matches that offer, plus if Mike wanted him, he would be resigned already.   and Yes, Ross was drafted #1 for this very day of Green leaving, but Ross hardly ever plays either.  All this is a big part of 1-11 record.  I don't know who the QB is suppose to throw to, maybe Erickson.   So they drafted Ogbugei to set up letting Whitworth go.  They drafted Ross to set up letting Green go.   Problem is those #1 draft picks never really have panned out. 

So in ALL MY BENGALS, it does make sense.  Green played his last game for Bengals somewhere in 2018.  It's just a matter of what other team he plays his next game for.  His draft pick replacement Ross has been often injured though, and anybody who denies he has been often injured is just lying. That leaves Boyd as the one trick pony and Tate.   Ross due to injury has never reached NFL Star level, and it remains to be seen if he is one.   Those who say Bengals need to add WR to Draft consideration are sadly correct.   I would like Defense Front 7 and Blocking, but some make a strong case for WR getting pretty weak on this team also. 

You can now bet the farm that Green will never play another game for Bengals.  As people on here say, it's not in his best interest.  However I say THAT is all part of the 1-11 record in the first place. 

Anyway, GO BENGALS and win 4 or 5 games this season. Patriots would be an upset, not Browns or Dophins. Win in spite of some players and agents now looking out for their best interests in the free agent stock market soon ahead.

I'll repeat that it is a whole new NFL. In the old days, players played and you couldn't get them to ride the pines.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If AJ Green leaves Cincinnati there’s no reason to panic; I’ve seen enough from Auden Tate and he’ll become the new AJ-type wide receiver. However, if AJ stays a Bengal, that’s a bonus. Imagine having to defend against TWO AJ Green clones!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 09:01 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If AJ Green leaves Cincinnati there’s no reason to panic; I’ve seen enough from Auden Tate and he’ll become the new AJ-type wide receiver. 

Wasted Drunk
Reply/Quote