Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ GREEN Not 100 %....????
(12-06-2019, 09:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Frankly, I don't blame AJ. Why risk an injury for an inept coach and an owner who has already presented you with his highest and best low-ball offer.

(12-07-2019, 03:26 AM)kevin Wrote:   Some team will offer Green and his agent the moon and stars and no way Mike Brown matches that offer,

You guys are completely delusional if you think any team is going to offer Green a decent contract after missing 25 straight games.

When has anything like that ever happened in the hostory of free agency?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 09:01 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If AJ Green leaves Cincinnati there’s no reason to panic; I’ve seen enough from Auden Tate and he’ll become the new AJ-type wide receiver.  However, if AJ stays a Bengal, that’s a bonus.  Imagine having to defend against TWO AJ Green clones!

The 1-11 season without Green and Green going Free Agent to another team is reason to PANIC  !!!!

I would not call Tate another AJ Green anymore than I would call Finley another Peyton Manning.  

We will have Boyd, Tate and Ross going into 2020, but do you stand pat with the same 1-11 players ???  Due to no Green or Ross, Boyd has been the #1 and Tate the #2.  The team is struggling at #3 and #4 packages of others to get open and make plays.  

I will say this for Taylor, he took over one big mess in Cincinnati.  So many weaknesses on this team that have been piling up since 2015. The O Line needs help.  The Defense needs help.  The WR's need help.  Not enough draft picks for all the weaknesses, and yet many think all this team needs is a new QB, WRONG.  I'll be honest, with all these weak areas, they don't have the luxury of a QB pick. Which is why ALL MY BENGALS will probably go the Akili Smith route all over again. This Front Office never learns.

I like Tate, but it is a far reach to say he is a #1 WR and even more to say he is another Green. However I give him credit for playing. Tate took a heck of a hit in Oakland and he came right back, and Bengals could use a few more players that want to play this game, agents be d#mned.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 12:41 PM)kevin Wrote: The 1-11 season without Green and Green going Free Agent to another team is reason to PANIC  !!!!

I would not call Tate another AJ Green anymore than I would call Finley another Peyton Manning.  

We will have Boyd, Tate and Ross going into 2020, but do you stand pat with the same 1-11 players ???  Due to no Green or Ross, Boyd has been the #1 and Tate the #2.  The team is struggling at #3 and #4 packages of others to get open and make plays.  

I will say this for Taylor, he took over one big mess in Cincinnati.  So many weaknesses on this team that have been piling up since 2015. The O Line needs help.  The Defense needs help.  The WR's need help.  Not enough draft picks for all the weaknesses, and yet many think all this team needs is a new QB, WRONG.  I'll be honest, with all these weak areas, they don't have the luxury of a QB pick.   Which is why ALL MY BENGALS will probably go the Akili Smith route all over again.  This Front Office never learns.

I like Tate, but it is a far reach to say he is a #1 WR and even more to say he is another Green.  However I give him credit for playing. Tate took a heck of a hit in Oakland and he came right back, and Bengals could use a few more players that want to play this game, agents be d#mned.

I don't think there's a single poster on here who's said or thinks that ? Ok maybe one ?

But anyways where is it written in stone if you draft what you hope is a future franchise QB who says he has to play from day 1 ??? I remember well the age when rookie QB's held clipboards for 2, 3, or more seasons. And no I'm not saying we should go back to that. Either hire a vet bridge QB or keep Dalton. However:

It's time

I feel this team needs to move on from the Dalton/Green era, just like ML. AJ will always be high on my list of favorite Bengals. But I, like others have said, am just at the point where him staying is neither here nor there to me. I wish him luck !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Green is 99% in my uneducated guess.
Reply/Quote
Tag and Trade AJ. Simple as that
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys are completely delusional if you think any team is going to offer Green a decent contract after missing 25 straight games.

When has anything like that ever happened in the hostory of free agency?

Not quite 25 games but LaVeon Bell sat out and entire season and then got paid by the Jets.

It really won’t be that hard for teams to determine if AJ is healthy or not.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 03:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not quite 25 games but LaVeon Bell sat out and entire season and then got paid by the Jets.

It really won’t be that hard for teams to determine if AJ is healthy or not.

Yeah, and he sat out on one of the great franchises that can do no wrong and AJ is sitting out on the franchise everyone avoids.  Plus, there is always that "dumb GM trying to save his job with a big hail mary splash signing" sort of thing that could happen with AJ.  So I could see a ho-hum team with a desperate GM giving him a big deal, or a good organization that just needs one more piece giving him a prove-it sort of deal.

We can either tag him and start another potential war within, or offer him a short-term deal that doesn't compensate for how craptastic we are.  Time will tell, but I think we will be sour grape-ing over how he was a cancerous me-first non-factor.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 03:26 AM)kevin Wrote: Green will not be resigned.  

I guess we'll see.....
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 03:26 AM)kevin Wrote: Green will not be resigned. 

Bengals can just tag him. He is not Bell in his 20s looking for his first big contract...Green is in his 30s he will sign a franchise tag and earn that money, and after the franchise tag the Bengals can continue to negotiate a couple more years.

Right now the Bengals are holding the better hand in the AJ Green negotiations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I have no idea what's going to happen with Green. Unless there's some real conspiratorial shit going on behind the scenes with his agent and other teams, I can't imagine him squeezing anyone for a monster contract. In many respects, the Bengals may be his best bet to get paid well to prove himself worthy of another payday after 2020.

I really think the team should think hard about moving on from him. He's been their best player for a long time. It's time to find a new best player.

I'd also note that Bengals teams almost always have a dynamic number 1 receiver. It's been that way for almost 2 decades. it's obviously a position that the organization puts a big priority on. Coincidentally, this draft is loaded with good receivers. Things might be lining up for them to take a shot at replacing AJ, rather than investing in him any further.
Reply/Quote
I'll be in the minority here **starts putting on fire proof suit**

I used to be a huge AJ fan. This I have lost all respect for him. He is UNDER CONTRACT TO PLAY THIS YEAR.

This cry baby bullshit my ankle isn't 100% doesn't cut it. He isnt a FA until next year. He's no better than Cordy Glenn.

If I was Bengals management, I'd fine him game checks. I'd Franchise Tag his sand bagging ass and trade him to the Redskins.

Good luck winning a Super Bowl in DC...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:26 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I'll be in the minority here **starts putting on fire proof suit**

I used to be a huge AJ fan. This I have lost all respect for him. He is UNDER CONTRACT TO PLAY THIS YEAR.

This cry baby bullshit my ankle isn't 100% doesn't cut it. He isnt a FA until next year. He's no better than Cordy Glenn.

If I was Bengals management, I'd fine him game checks. I'd Franchise Tag his sand bagging ass and trade him to the Redskins.

And this is what a toxic fan base looks like ladies and gentlemen...

Why do you want him to play so badly anyway? To **** up our draft pick?

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:26 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I'll be in the minority here **starts putting on fire proof suit**

Traded to DC?  Wow can you imagine AJ having to play in an empty stadium on a crap team with an insane owner who insists on running everything into the ground himself?  Brutal!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 07:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals can just tag him. He is not Bell in his 20s looking for his first big contract...Green is in his 30s he will sign a franchise tag and earn that money, and after the franchise tag the Bengals can continue to negotiate a couple more years.

Right now the Bengals are holding the better hand in the AJ Green negotiations.

Tag would be like $18 million. Is a guy that missed his last 24 games or so worth that?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And this is what a toxic fan base looks like ladies and gentlemen...

Why do you want him to play so badly anyway? To **** up our draft pick?

Tiger Absolutely not. I don't think AJ would affect the draft position one bit. 

What I want is for him to live up to his contract. His sand bagging ass is doing the same thing Le'veon Bell did. AJ is just being quiet about it.

It's straight bullshit. The league needs to come up with a way to keep this from happening.

I somewhat speak from experience. When I was in the Army, I tore 2 tendons in my ankle. I was in a cast for 6 weeks, 1 week of light duty and then back at it full speed. This is why I'm not buying his cry baby act while still getting paid...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 10:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Traded to DC?  Wow can you imagine AJ having to play in an empty stadium on a crap team with an insane owner who insists on running everything into the ground himself?  Brutal!

Tiger  I love it when a plan comes together... 

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
On many levels, it seems counterproductive for AJ to be sandbagging. Unless he just doesn't care and thinks he has enough money already, he's got a lot on the line in terms of how he's compensated for the remainder of his career. Why would any team pay a big contract a guy that's missed as much time as he has?

Guys like Dez Bryant and Demariyus Thomas are both at the end of their careers, and they're younger than Green in seasons played. It's not far-fetched to think he's done being an elite receiver.

Unless he's playing a really deceptive game with his agent, I don't know why he'd keep himself out of games if he's able to play.

The most telling thing to me is that the team hasn't managed to get a deal done with him, if they've even made an offer. They're generally all over locking their guys up before it gets to this point. It's odd. If this injury is one that he can be expected to fully recover from, I'd think they'd try to do all they can to lock him up before he hits the UDFA market. Either he's hurt badly enough that they're having second thoughts, or he's not wanting to be here.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Green has to look out for himself. The Bengals have been out of playoff contention for over a month. It's in his best interest to not risk his health in favor of a better contract. Don't blame him.

Anyone thing Green didn't want to go out there and have all the coverage roll to him?  Ross only had two catches for 28 yards, but the middle of the field was there all day for Dalton.  It changes the way teams defend them.  I know everyone likes to crap on Ross, but he is a talent that helps the offense. 
Reply/Quote

I hate to say it, but I'm starting to believe this.  I can't say for sure, but something seems off here.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I hate to say it, but I'm starting to believe this.  I can't say for sure, but something seems off here.

Nothing too novel about a Bengals player getting Bungalized.
Reply/Quote