Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ GREEN READY TO ROLL
(04-11-2020, 11:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That was 576 days ago.

AJ Green has played exactly 17 snaps of NFL football in the last 530 days. (If you figure the NFL season doesn't start until Sept, it will be more like 670+ days. WRs with injury problems don't get more durable when they turn 32.

I'm all for if Green was back in his prime and didn't have an extensive history of injury (he has missed 23 of his last 32 and 29 of his last 64 games). I just worry that him being around will be the reason they don't put real resources into a WR for the future in this draft, and then AJ (and Ross) will get hurt again and the WR group will be Boyd/Tate/Erickson. You can't have 2 of your top 3 WRs be made of glass and be comfortable.

All that said, it would be great if somehow AJ does stay healthy and does well. I'm just not expecting it.

I’m on record that I want a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. This draft is just too loaded with good ones not to. That said, it’s strange to me some people seem to think AJ has probably just completely forgotten how to play football or something because he had a couple freak injuries and missed a lot of time. Julian Edelman missed the entire 2017 season, and the very next year (which he also missed multiple games during) he was SB MVP. And he is not even close to AJ Green’s level. Personally I want to see Burrow and AJ play together. I think it might just work out...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
“They do want Joe Mixon and A.J. Green back long-term. I know that for sure…I can confidently say they are closer to getting A.J. Green’s deal done. Not saying it’s going to get done, but they are closer with A.J. than they are with Joe Mixon. I can report that.”

- Tyler Dragon (Bengals Beat Podcast)
Reply/Quote
Can't wait to see Burrow to Green downfield.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 05:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m on record that I want a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. This draft is just too loaded with good ones not to. That said, it’s strange to me some people seem to think AJ has probably just completely forgotten how to play football or something because he had a couple freak injuries and missed a lot of time. Julian Edelman missed the entire 2017 season, and the very next year (which he also missed multiple games during) he was SB MVP. And he is not even close to AJ Green’s level. Personally I want to see Burrow and AJ play together. I think it might just work out...

This wasn't a couple freak injuries. He's had multiple problems with his right big toe. It's a reoccurring problem that's caused him to miss a good amount of games in both 2014 and 2018.

He has had in his NFL career...
-Left Knee Strain
-Right Knee Strain
-Serious Turf Toe
-Toe Sprain
-Bruised Tailbone
-Hamstring Tear
-Groin Pull
-Torn Ankle Ligaments

That's ALL lower body injuries, man, and he's going to be 32 now. That catches up to you. Healthy feet are real important for a WR. It's why Eifert looked like a shell of his former self last year with all his explosiveness missing. Ankle injuries.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This wasn't a couple freak injuries. He's had multiple problems with his right big toe. It's a reoccurring problem that's caused him to miss a good amount of games in both 2014 and 2018.

-Left Knee Strain
-Right Knee Strain
-Serious Turf Toe
-Toe Sprain
-Bruised Tailbone
-Hamstring Tear
-Groin Pull
-Torn Ankle Ligaments

That's ALL lower body injuries, man, and he's going to be 32 now. That catches up to you. Healthy feet are real important for a WR.
Look on the bright side.  He's had a year and a half of rest.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 08:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This wasn't a couple freak injuries. He's had multiple problems with his right big toe. It's a reoccurring problem that's caused him to miss a good amount of games in both 2014 and 2018.

-Left Knee Strain
-Right Knee Strain
-Serious Turf Toe
-Toe Sprain
-Bruised Tailbone
-Hamstring Tear
-Groin Pull
-Torn Ankle Ligaments

That's ALL lower body injuries, man, and he's going to be 32 now. That catches up to you. Healthy feet are real important for a WR. It's why Eifert looked like a shell of his former self last year with all his explosiveness missing. Ankle injuries.

He’s only played in 14 less games than Julio Jones. And ofc they both came into the league the same year. AJ’s injuries just came back-to-back.

Reply/Quote
The odds of both Green and Ross playing 16 healthy games are miniscule, but if Burrow got a full season of Boyd, Green, and Ross he could come out puttting up big numbers as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The odds of both Green and Ross playing 16 healthy games are miniscule, but if Burrow got a full season of Boyd, Green, and Ross he could come out puttting up big numbers as a rookie.

AJ has played in all 16 games 4x. He’s more likely to stay healthy than Ross at this point. Even with the age factor. JR has not proven he can as of yet.

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 09:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The odds of both Green and Ross playing 16 healthy games are miniscule, but if Burrow got a full season of Boyd, Green, and Ross he could come out puttting up big numbers as a rookie.

This underscores the need for a WR in the draft who can be ready to play this year.  It would be great if he had WR1 qualities.  If we find a guy like this, we might even be able to survive losing Ross and Green.  Hell, Tate missed games last year too.

You're only as good as your backups any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 10:22 AM)McC Wrote: No.  It stuns me how dumb people can be.

Do you hold yourself to these "standards?"  You're funny.  Wrong as hell.  But funny.

No reason for personal attacks there bud
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2020, 11:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That was 576 days ago.

AJ Green has played exactly 17 snaps of NFL football in the last 530 days. (If you figure the NFL season doesn't start until Sept, it will be more like 670+ days. WRs with injury problems don't get more durable when they turn 32.

I'm all for if Green was back in his prime and didn't have an extensive history of injury (he has missed 23 of his last 32 and 29 of his last 64 games). I just worry that him being around will be the reason they don't put real resources into a WR for the future in this draft, and then AJ (and Ross) will get hurt again and the WR group will be Boyd/Tate/Erickson. You can't have 2 of your top 3 WRs be made of glass and be comfortable.

All that said, it would be great if somehow AJ does stay healthy and does well. I'm just not expecting it.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Smart people have a plan B and a 2rd WR is our best option at this point of a plan B.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:30 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Smart people have a plan B and a 2rd WR is our best option at this point of a plan B.

Oh please. You all are so smart for wanting to move on from AJ Green? Give me a break. The smart move would be to draft his replacement and develop him over the next few years, but keep AJ until said replacement is ready to be a true #1. Very few WR’s come in a tear it up immediately. Just the ones that are as good as you know...AJ Green.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. You all are so smart for wanting to move on from AJ Green? Give me a break. The smart move would be to draft his replacement and develop him over the next few years, but keep AJ until said replacement is ready to be a true #1. Very few WR’s come in a tear it up immediately. Just the ones that are as good as you know...AJ Green.

lol AJ is a cancer that needs cut out...you roll over and refuse to play for your team when you are not injured for over half of the year you are just a POS in my opinion and you would never play on my team...Burrow wants him since he will be a Bengal i will root for his sorry behind till he is no longer a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:42 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: lol AJ is a cancer that needs cut out...you roll over and refuse to play for your team when you are not injured for over half of the year you are just a POS in my opinion and you would never play on my team...Burrow wants him since he will be a Bengal i will root for his sorry behind till he is no longer a Bengal.

[Image: spchlss.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 12:42 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: lol AJ is a cancer that needs cut out...you roll over and refuse to play for your team when you are not injured for over half of the year you are just a POS in my opinion and you would never play on my team...Burrow wants him since he will be a Bengal i will root for his sorry behind till he is no longer a Bengal.

Oh, you were there in the locker room. That changes everything.

Let's poll his teammates and see what they say, starting with the guy who isn't even on the team yet but soon will be.

And here's a clue--Saying you said a dumb thing is not a personal attack.  If you don't want people saying you sais a dumb thing, don't say dumb things.

And one more thing--one of us wants him on the team and he is.  One doesn't and he is.  Doesn't mean one is right and the other wrong, just  means one gets what he wants and the other doesn't.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 01:12 AM)McC Wrote: Oh, you were there in the locker room. That changes everything.

Let's poll his teammates and see what they say, starting with the guy who isn't even on the team yet but soon will be.

And here's a clue--Saying you said a dumb thing is not a personal attack.  If you don't want people saying you sais a dumb thing, don't say dumb things.

And one more thing--one of us wants him on the team and he is.  One doesn't and he is.  Doesn't mean one is right and the other wrong, just  means one gets what he wants and the other doesn't.

Last time I checked the C on his jersey still stood for captain, now they could have changed it to cancer like bong says, but I have my doubts...

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Last time I checked the C on his jersey still stood for captain, now they could have changed it to cancer like bong says, but I have my doubts...

Seems like such a thing would be reported somewhere by someone.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 01:12 AM)McC Wrote: Oh, you were there in the locker room. That changes everything.

I guess quitting on your team is ok in your book and its fine with the rest of the team as well since that sends the message you dont have to play to get paid on the Bengals which is a great message for new players or old. But no that is not an issue and should be applauded if you had your way. As far as calling names personal attacks i have been banned and would rather not get banned again so go on and say what you wish i am sure we are not all held to the same standards here.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 03:09 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I guess quitting on your team is ok in your book and its fine with the rest of the team as well since that sends the message you dont have to play to get paid on the Bengals which is a great message for new players or old. But no that is not an issue and should be applauded if you had your way. As far as calling names personal attacks i have been banned and would rather not get banned again so go on and say what you wish i am sure we are not all held to the same standards here.

Just because you claim AJ was healthy enough to play doesn’t make it true. He was in a contract year, if he could have played, he would have.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 03:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just because you claim AJ was healthy enough to play doesn’t make it true. He was in a contract year, if he could have played, he would have.

Wow ok I am not here to make you believe anything...just saying how I feel about a certain player and my observation of said player last year. We are not going to see eye to eye on this. Let us just hope he can redeem himself this year and earn a new contract here or elsewhere.
Reply/Quote