Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green’s Thursday Night Fiasco
One of the more bizarre plays I’ve seen in some time.

If you haven’t watched, you should. 15 seconds left, Cards down 3, on the Packers’ 8 or 9 yard line. Green had man coverage which Murray saw immediately and threw him a pretty accurate pass he should have caught.

Except he wasn’t looking. All he was doing was blocking. The ball hit him, popped in the air and was picked off.

I’ve yet to hear an explanation as to what happened that led to such a monumental mixup. Might not even have been his fault, although there is no good reason for Arizona to call a play in that situation (no timeouts) that would have their tallest and best possession receiver blocking.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He ran the wrong route. The coach literally said that right after the game. That's the explanation.
Reply/Quote
He's had some key fumbles over his years here as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:13 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: One of the more bizarre plays I’ve seen in some time.

If you haven’t watched, you should. 15 seconds left, Cards down 3, on the Packers’ 8 or 9 yard line. Green had man coverage which Murray saw immediately and threw him a pretty accurate pass he should have caught.

Except he wasn’t looking. All he was doing was blocking. The ball hit him, popped in the air and was picked off.

I’ve yet to hear an explanation as to what happened that led to such a monumental mixup. Might not even have been his fault, although there is no good reason for Arizona to call a play in that situation (no timeouts) that would have their tallest and best possession receiver blocking.

(10-29-2021, 12:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: He ran the wrong route.  The coach literally said that right after the game.  That's the explanation.

Yep.  Coach said miscommunication.

And wow yes....that looked really bad/sad.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: He ran the wrong route.  The coach literally said that right after the game.  That's the explanation.

Except he was blocking his guy like it was a run play 
Reply/Quote
Sometimes, they should just retire....
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:47 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Except he was blocking his guy like it was a run play 

No he was pushing off.  He turned around the wrong way to look for the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sometimes, they should just retire....

Yeah but not while running a route.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:55 PM)Stewy Wrote: No he was pushing off.  He turned around the wrong way to look for the ball.

Didn't he learn when he lost us the game against the chargers you can't do that?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:55 PM)Stewy Wrote: No he was pushing off.  He turned around the wrong way to look for the ball.

Go back and rewatch it. He was blocking, never looked for the ball. The announcers point it out as well 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: He ran the wrong route. The coach literally said that right after the game. That's the explanation.

Oh, ok. I didn’t hear that. Thanks, Helpy Helperton.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 01:38 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Go back and rewatch it. He was blocking, never looked for the ball. The announcers point it out as well 

You go back and look.  When the ball gets there he's turned inside looking for the damn ball.  You aren't looking for the ball when you're blocking and he was one on one on a passing play, so there would be no one to block for....he wouldn't be blocking at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 12:47 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Except he was blocking his guy like it was a run play 

Because he ran the wrong route.

But hey argue with the coach of the team that new what the play call was.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 01:50 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Oh, ok. I didn’t hear that. Thanks, Helpy Helperton.

You sir are very welcome.
Reply/Quote
apparently AJ missed the signal from his QB... seems like something that shouldn't happen for a vet of his years (checked out before the snap...)

But he is still a human
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 01:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: You go back and look.  When the ball gets there he's turned inside looking for the damn ball.  You aren't looking for the ball when you're blocking and he was one on one on a passing play, so there would be no one to block for....he wouldn't be blocking at all.

I did, right before I commented.  He isn't looking for the ball at all, perhaps looking around confused when he sees the DB he is blocking run to catch it.  Uh..ok so I guess me and Aikman are wrong...and you, you Stewy are right.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 02:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: Because he ran the wrong route.

But hey argue with the coach of the team that new what the play call was.

That wasn't a route.  yeah, coaches never cover for their guys 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 02:51 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: That wasn't a route.  yeah, coaches never cover for their guys 

Dude why is this an argument?  What is your problem?

And finally in what world is saying your guy ran the wrong route a cover?  HTF is that better than he ran the wrong play and why bother parsing out the difference?

Seriously who gives a flip?

The OP said he had not hard an excuse given.

That was the excuse given.  It doesn't matter if it's true or not because we can't possibly know and knowing doesn't change anything.

Get out of here with this trash.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 03:19 PM)motoarch Wrote: Dude why is this an argument?  What is your problem?

And finally in what world is saying your guy ran the wrong route a cover?  HTF is that better than he ran the wrong play and why bother parsing out the difference?

Seriously who gives a flip?

The OP said he had not hard an excuse given.

That was the excuse given.  It doesn't matter if it's true or not because we can't possibly know and knowing doesn't change anything.

Get out of here with this trash.

Lol. Get out of here 
Reply/Quote
AJ was not at fault here, he is just conditioned to playing with Andy Dalton and figured the ball would just get thrown away in a moment like this Ninja
Reply/Quote