Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green
I just wanted to discuss a play that AJ made in the game from Sunday.

I think the Bengals were on their own ten yard line, backed up. Andy threw a pass to AJ on the outside and AJ picked up about 15 yards. AJ dodged a few tackles and didnt have a man in front of him when he kind of tip toed to the sidelines and stepped out.

Man I wish AJ would have just kept running forward. That could have been a 90 yard touchdown catch.

Not really criticizing him AT ALL, just wondering if anyone else saw this and if they have an explanation?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He was trying to turn it up the sideline while putting as much distance between him and the closest Jet. He didn't make the turn....
Reply/Quote
I believe he turned to see if there was anyone behind him and didn't realize he was running to the sideline and before he could do anything stepped out. I am just glad we scored a touchdown that drive, or would have been a huge missed opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Looked as if he lost his balance stepping funny.

But yes it may have been six if he could have stayed inbounds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It looked like the Jet who had an angle on him fell down. AJ was moving too fast to take advantage and turn into the space where he would have been.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Looked as if he lost his balance stepping funny.

But yes it may have been six if he could have stayed inbounds.

Yea, I think he just lost his balance. It wasn't a matter of avoiding a hit or anything along those lines.
Reply/Quote
Yeah it definitely seemed like he lost his balance. Like someone else said, im just happy we scored on that drive because they really could have been a missed opportunity. None the less, dude is a beast.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He lost his balance, I was for a moment scared something went wrong with his knee.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I wouldnt be surprised if he got light headed/ dizzy or something along the lines of that. That is what it looked like.

It was also 90 degrees on the field
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just wanted to discuss a play that AJ made in the game from Sunday.

I think the Bengals were on their own ten yard line, backed up. Andy threw a pass to AJ on the outside and AJ picked up about 15 yards. AJ dodged a few tackles and didnt have a man in front of him when he kind of tip toed to the sidelines and stepped out.

Man I wish AJ would have just kept running forward. That could have been a 90 yard touchdown catch.

Not really criticizing him AT ALL, just wondering if anyone else saw this and if they have an explanation?

Definately could of been no doubt. He just turned too far to the sideline and right when he did the OL (Whit?)
made a pancake on the guy. I bet AJ was really frustrated with himself. What could of been a monster play.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:01 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah it definitely seemed like he lost his balance. Like someone else said, im just happy we scored on that drive because they really could have been a missed opportunity. None the less, dude is a beast.

if you watch the play, i am not sure if he scores, a Jet had an angle on him from top of scene but he would have gained a few more yards regardless
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote