Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Disappointed Me Last Night
(12-29-2015, 11:32 PM)Utts Wrote: You see signs of greatness, and yet there are these nagging issues that take the shine off a little. I think AJ has everything but the burning desire. I don't know AJ so I feel bad making that judgement, but I can only go off of what I see from afar. I can only imagine how great he'd be, if he had the heart of somebody like Gio.

Man, when he has gotten pissed off, he has been absolutely unstoppable.  I agree, a little more consistency with the fire, and we might be saying best ever.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:44 AM)sonofstat Wrote: AJ Green - and the rest of the team - simply need a big playoff win.

If they got a playoff win and AJ really showed up at key points to help put them over the top a lot of this type of talk goes away.

Great regular season production is awesome but to most of the rest of the NFL , AJ & the Bengals do not show up in the playoffs and until they do this is the easy way to dismiss them.

From a personal point of view I'm real glad he's ours and its crazy the consistent production he's put on right from the start of his career.  If he stays healthy he could finish really high up on the all time yardage/receptions lists.

I think the 1st team All Pro squad is the real judge if you are talking about the very , very best in any given year.  Pro Bowl takes 8 receivers (?) so with alternates / no shows a lot of WR's could get a Pro Bowl in their career.  AJ has never made 1st team All Pro in anyone of his 5 seasons so there's still more to come from him hopefully.

You have nailed it.....countersunk it. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:32 PM)Utts Wrote: I think AJ has everything but the burning desire. I can only imagine how great he'd be, if he had the heart of somebody like Gio.

Mark this post as special. Utss and I finally agree on something.
Reply/Quote
Imagine how great everyone would be if they had Giovani Bernard's heart. Imagine how great Brandon Tate would be.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Wow..I just never really had this imaginary 'elite vs just very very very very good' thing in my head to make me feel angry and want to have any player tossed in the river. I know some of you believe that your standards of play should be meet at every level and any player who falls below that level is a personal insult to your manhood, but really..just chill out and enjoy the fact that the Bengals are a darn good team.
Are they the greatest thing since sliced bread? Being the automatic bread slicer was invented in 1928 it's debatable. Just imagine non-sliced bread vs sliced bread and superimpose the Bengals in there. I have a hunch they fall somewhere in the just torn off chunk of bread and I'm ok with that.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
They're just expecting more from someone who they think has the talent to be better.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: Let me ask this question. Does anyone thing that AJ Green would have made the catch that Thomas made for the broncos last night. Adam Jones had his arm pinned, and he caught the ball one handed for a first down to keep the drive alive on third down. I am not saying Thomas is elite, but those are the kinds of catches that AJ simply does not make. I think Eifert could and would, but not AJ. When he starts making those, he will truly be scary.

Might have.   And there have been a lot of catches Thomas has not made.  I don't see any receiver make them all.  The closest in the game to doing that right now is Antonio Brown - and he doesn't get them all.

I'm not happy with all the stuff that AJ does/ does not do.   I think he could really use to work with the DBs for 15 - 20 minutes of every practice to learn how to break on the ball defensively.  And I too was mystified as to why he quit on the route.  But it wasn't out of laziness, just a bad decision.   Hopefully he doesn't do that again.

But I still put him in the elite category.  And he made some sick catches in that game.  Hopefully they all take their  game to another level over the next month.
Reply/Quote