Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Drops
They were tough catches, but catches AJ has made in the past. I’m I’m not sure if it is a temporary knocking off the rust thing or if he just isn’t quite what he used to be. I still love him and hope that they sign him back for a reasonable amount. No blockbuster deal. Team friendly deal or bye bye.

How would you guys rate his performance these first two games?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:00 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They were tough catches, but catches AJ has made in the past. I’m  I’m not sure if it is a temporary knocking off the rust thing or if he just isn’t quite what he used to be. I still love him and hope that they sign him back for a reasonable amount. No blockbuster deal. Team friendly deal or bye bye.

He's just getting back into football shape. He has been out of the game for a long time, they had no training camp, and he didn't participate much in what camp there was. Give him another game or two and he'll be back to form.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's just getting back into football shape. He has been out of the game for a long time, they had no training camp, and he didn't participate much in what camp there was. Give him another game or two and he'll be back to form.

I hope that’s what it is. He definitely looks a step slower and a little out of timing with burrow on some of his routes.

The one in the end zone last night was a PI though not a drop of that was one if the plays the OP was referencing.

I’d give him a C overall. Made a few good plays but nowhere near what prime AJ would do. Hopefully it’s just a rust issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:00 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They were tough catches, but catches AJ has made in the past. I’m  I’m not sure if it is a temporary knocking off the rust thing or if he just isn’t quite what he used to be. I still love him and hope that they sign him back for a reasonable amount. No blockbuster deal. Team friendly deal or bye bye.

D..... For done.

He has lost a step, gets no separation, and has made only 1 or 2 contested catches.
Reply/Quote
AJ plays well when AJ wants to play well. He's been deeply Bengalized. When he gets that fire he's unstoppable and a top 5-6 WR still but that's way too few and far between. He checks out of games way too much. Maybe Burrow can keep AJ's head into these games and we'll see more from him but I doubt it. Add in the injuries and he gone after this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:16 AM)higgy100 Wrote: AJ plays well when AJ wants to play well. He's been deeply Bengalized. When he gets that fire he's unstoppable and a top 5-6 WR still but that's way too few and far between. He checks out of games way too much. Maybe Burrow can keep AJ's head into these games and we'll see more from him but I doubt it. Add in the injuries and he gone after this year.

AJ is playing for his last contract. I doubt he's "checked out" he just has to knock the rust off.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ is playing for his last contract. I doubt he's "checked out" he just has to knock the rust off.

I said he checks out of games too much. Didn't say he's totally checked out. When the games start AJ has energy but the minute something goes wrong or the tide turns he's "here we go again". The lack of fight from him is staggering.
Reply/Quote
I love AJ and all but I think he just isn't what he once was. Boyd is definitely better. Higgens will better someday soon. Heck, Tate might even be comparable (slow though he is, he is making tougher catches than AJ recently).

Reply/Quote
Something is wrong with the Burrow AJ connection. AJ was targeted 13 times with only 3 connections. Is Burrow looking for AJ too much? Has AJ lost a step? Is Burrow rushing his throws because his O-line sucks?
Reply/Quote
I thinks its showing that Burrow and AJ havent had any time together, and AJ has been out of football for 2 years basically. Im not going to make a big judgement quite yet, but if he doesnt get better each game moving forward, its maybe time to realize AJ lost a step. I wonder also if he got hurt worse than we realized on the first play. He definitely got rattled. That may have played a factor.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:16 AM)higgy100 Wrote: AJ plays well when AJ wants to play well. He's been deeply Bengalized. When he gets that fire he's unstoppable and a top 5-6 WR still but that's way too few and far between. He checks out of games way too much. Maybe Burrow can keep AJ's head into these games and we'll see more from him but I doubt it. Add in the injuries and he gone after this year.

This is a really bad take.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ is playing for his last contract. I doubt he's "checked out" he just has to knock the rust off.

Agreed. Effort has never been an issue with AJ. Very silly accusation.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:27 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I love AJ and all but I think he just isn't what he once was. Boyd is definitely better. Higgens will better someday soon. Heck, Tate might even be comparable (slow though he is, he is making tougher catches than AJ recently).

What catches has Tate made? He certainly didn’t make any last night considering he didn’t even play...

Reply/Quote
AJ Green has the second-highest cap hit of all WRs this year.
$18.171 mill.
He is 28th in the league in receiving yards (80) with having an extra game over 30 other teams.
36.4% catch percentage.
He'll have better games (Ward is a good CB), but he may not be an automatic 1000+ yard WR.
Do you keep a non-automatic 1000+ yard WR beyond this year at $15+ mill a year?
I don't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:34 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Something is wrong with the Burrow AJ connection. AJ was targeted 13 times with only 3 connections. Is Burrow looking for AJ too much? Has AJ lost a step? Is Burrow rushing his throws because his O-line sucks?

No reps between them in camp. Makes a big difference. If it’s still like this in a few weeks I’ll be worried that AJ looks washed.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: AJ Green has the second-highest cap hit of all WRs this year.
$18.171 mill.
He is 28th in the league in receiving yards (80) with having an extra game over 30 other teams.
36.4% catch percentage.
He'll have better games (Ward is a good CB), but he may not be an automatic 1000+ yard WR.
Do you keep a non-automatic 1000+ yard WR beyond this year at $15+ mill a year?
I don't.

Ward played the game of his life last night tbh. Taylor should have been telling Burrow to stop throwing at him.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What catches has Tate made? He certainly didn’t make any last night considering he didn’t even play...

I mean he only had 30 less yards on 60 less snaps. Joking aside though Ross shouldn’t be getting 30 snaps a game, and I am beginning to wonder if AJ should get as many as he is. His route running deep has been bad, heck even one of his catches he double clutched it and ended up making a circus catch out of a routine one.

Everyone knows I am president of the Auden Tate fan club, but seriously with the lack of separation guys are getting as it is, the time has come to let him have his shot. Everyone keeps talking about how Joe isn’t on the same pages as AJ or Ross on the deep balls yet but all we have heard all off season was how much Tate and Joe were on the same page on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mean he only had 30 less yards on 60 less snaps. Joking aside though Ross shouldn’t be getting 30 snaps a game, and I am beginning to wonder if AJ should get as many as he is. His route running deep has been bad, heck even one of his catches he double clutched it and ended up making a circus catch out of a routine one.

Everyone knows I am president of the Auden Tate fan club, but seriously with the lack of separation guys are getting as it is, the time has come to let him have his shot. Everyone keeps talking about how Joe isn’t on the same pages as AJ or Ross on the deep balls yet but all we have heard all off season was how much Tate and Joe were on the same page on them.

Completely agree.

Reply/Quote
Probably a combination of knocking off the rust and getting older. The short week certainly didn't help. I just hope he can get his timing down with Burrow before the bye week.
Reply/Quote
Many know more about football than me but I thought AJ was very poor in getting separation last night.

He also killed my fantasy team as I played him as my flex over Hunt. Cry

I hope its rust but the kid Thomas was way more effective last night not to mention Tyler.
Reply/Quote