Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Fumbles
As much as we all love AJ, this guy fumbles WAY TOO MUCH! I feel he fumbles more than any receiver I've ever seen play the game.

Glad we found a way to win in a game where AJ had two (one extremely costly) fumbles. He is lucky he isn't a white ginger haired man or he may get more criticism.

Step it up AJ! Elite receivers don't give the ball away.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: As much as we all love AJ, this guy fumbles WAY TOO MUCH! I feel he fumbles more than any receiver I've ever seen play the game.

Glad we found a way to win in a game where AJ had two (one extremely costly) fumbles. He is lucky he isn't a white ginger haired man or he may get more criticism.

Step it up AJ! Elite receivers don't give the ball away.

fixing that was the first thing AJ talked about in his post game interview...  I'm guessing it wont be much of a problem going forward.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: fixing that was the first thing AJ talked about in his post game interview...  I'm guessing it wont be much of a problem going forward.

You'd think he'd be pretty good a carrying a football by now.  That first fumble he was cradling like a baby right after he made the catch, so it's not surprising they punched it out.  It's almost as if they were expecting to see that.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
No doubt he will get that under control. He has good hands so it shouldn't be a problems. Turnovers are too costly.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ is the best WR is team history by a mile. Plus he is a great young man.

He has way too many fumbles.

He should have known this was an issue and corrected it long before Sunday.
Reply/Quote
He’s had fumbles in some big spots in big games. It’s an issue that’s ongoing. I don’t see it getting corrected. I get nervous every time he goes for YAC. Is what it is. If Indy recovers that second fumble we lose that game.
Reply/Quote
Yeah he worries me the way he carries the damn ball. Chad Johnson was notorious for that. I hope he stops leaving it hang out the rest of the season or one will cost us. Thankfully Boyd saved the one
Reply/Quote
He'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:26 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: He’s had fumbles in some big spots in big games. It’s an issue that’s ongoing. I don’t see it getting corrected. I get nervous every time he goes for YAC. Is what it is. If Indy recovers that second fumble we lose that game.

True. Usually happens when fighting for extra yards.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: AJ is the best WR is team history by a mile. Plus he is a great young man.

Eh...

Best? Jury still out.

Most-talented? By a mile.

Chad got by on hard work and a couple of skills that set him above the rest (footwork, cuts), AJ has the whole package.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:26 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: He’s had fumbles in some big spots in big games. It’s an issue that’s ongoing. I don’t see it getting corrected. I get nervous every time he goes for YAC. Is what it is. If Indy recovers that second fumble we lose that game.

It seems it keeps getting worse. I haven't looked at his fumble stats over the years but I don't really remember it being a problem his first couple seasons.

He needs to tuck the ball into his body better and learn to anticipate the defenders punching and slapping.

He can improve
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: AJ is the best WR is team history by a mile. Plus he is a great young man.

All true
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Of all the issues the Cincinnati Bengals have to address, AJ Green’s ball security is low on the list. He's a pro and he’ll fix it.
Reply/Quote
Saw the thread and thought "Shit, did he just fumble again?" That was a close one.

Hopefully it's all out of his system for the time being and we won't see another fumble until after the clocks change, at least.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I predict he won't fumble again all year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:04 PM)McC Wrote: I predict he won't fumble again all year.

Says the Great Swami.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 06:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Of all the issues the Cincinnati Bengals have to address, AJ Green’s ball security is low on the list.  He's a pro and he’ll fix it.

He's had years to fix it and still does it.

One of his fumbles essentially sealed the game vs the Steelers last year as well.

You can ignore it, but it SHOULD be addressed considering the impact it has had in the past.

Forgot we can't criticize AJ for anything around here! tsk tsk on me.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: True. Usually happens when fighting for extra yards.

while fighting for extra yards I'd like to see AJ  hang onto the ball better with BOTH EFFIN HANDS!! He is elite, he is a game changer but he is also a team player and needs to get this taken care of. He does it every year!

Reply/Quote

[Image: 636329482466876031-chad.johnson5.jpg?wid...1&fit=crop]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 03:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eh...

Best? Jury still out.

Most-talented? By a mile.

Chad got by on hard work and a couple of skills that set him above the rest (footwork, cuts), AJ has the whole package.

Well said Truck. Look I love AJ. He's awesome and I think he will end up as the best WR the Bengals have ever had. But people are so quick to dismiss Chad. Must still be butthurt by the way he left.

Reply/Quote