Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Fumbles
(09-11-2018, 03:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: Both are/were pretty damn good and I wish we had both in their prime at the same time. I don't ask for too much .

At least Chad had TJ. AJ has been our entire offense a lot of years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 03:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Chad had TJ. AJ has been our entire offense a lot of years.

Chad also had Kitna as his QB for 3 years, and Fitzpatrick for another 1.

Think about that. He had 8 seasons from when he entered the NFL to his age 30 season. He spent 4 of those 8 with either Kitna or Fitzpatrick under center.

No matter what anyone thinks of Dalton, I think everyone on this board can agree Dalton > Kitna/Fitzpatrick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 04:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Chad also had Kitna as his QB for 3 years, and Fitzpatrick for another 1.

Think about that. He had 8 seasons from when he entered the NFL to his age 30 season. He spent 4 of those 8 with either Kitna or Fitzpatrick under center.

No matter what anyone thinks of Dalton, I think everyone on this board can agree Dalton > Kitna/Fitzpatrick.

Shiiiit...you mean the same Fitzpatrick that just threw for 417 yds and 4 TDs? lol

At the end of the day I give AJ the slight edge because of his size, and having a better head on his shoulders. But it’s certainly not miles between them. It’s very close. Would love to see AJ go off in the playoffs and help his case even more in the near future.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 04:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shiiiit...you mean the same Fitzpatrick that just threw for 417 yds and 4 TDs? lol

At the end of the day I give AJ the slight edge because of his size, and having a better head on his shoulders. But it’s certainly not miles between them. It’s very close. Would love to see AJ go off in the playoffs and help his case even more in the near future.

Also the same Fitzpatrick that had 59.4% Completion, 1,905 yards (5.1 AVG), 8 TD/9 INT, 11 Fumbles/5 Lost... in 12 starts for the 2008 Bengals.

Don't you dare belittle how truly awful it was to watch the Bengals that year, or you'll be strapped to a chair Clockwork Orange-style and forced to rewatch every second of it. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 04:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also the same Fitzpatrick that had 59.4% Completion, 1,905 yards (5.1 AVG), 8 TD/9 INT, 11 Fumbles/5 Lost... in 12 starts for the 2008 Bengals.

Don't you dare belittle how truly awful it was to watch the Bengals that year, or you'll be strapped to a chair Clockwork Orange-style and forced to rewatch every second of it. Ninja

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy lol

Reply/Quote
He did same shit against Buffalo in a win we had last season and we’ve seen it before he really needs to stop trying to do too much he’s not the type of WR to break tackles and bruise defenses up. I think he’ll clean it up though and don’t expect it’ll be an issue
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 04:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also the same Fitzpatrick that had 59.4% Completion, 1,905 yards (5.1 AVG), 8 TD/9 INT, 11 Fumbles/5 Lost... in 12 starts for the 2008 Bengals.

(09-11-2018, 05:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy lol

The Jax, Redskins and second Cleveland game were fun to watch though! :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:10 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The Jax, Redskins and second Cleveland game were fun to watch though! :)

I was at that game, fully expecting a loss......needless to say, I had way more beers than I intended that day. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 11:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You can go back and forth on both of them.. Chad was never a great route runner... AJ is better,  Chad was athletic and great in the middle of the field... but from my eyes AJ is more dependable overall.  Stats over the start of their career are very similar, Chad's skills did decrease once he got to 10th season.  My personal opinion is  i believe AJ is a harder worker to keep his craft at elite level than Chad was and that in the end will separate the two players and that is usually what can separate those that end up in the Hall of Fame and those that wear the jacket hoping to be in the Hall of Fame...

What in the world? I feel like people are forgetting who Chad was. This isn't even close to the truth.

Chad was an incredible route runner. His footwork was elite which allowed him to stop on a dime. He ran incredibly crisp routes which is why he was such a dangerous deep threat. He didn't have blazing speed but he was exceptionally quick. This is why he was able to slip behind defenses. 

Chad is one of the better route runners in the history of the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 03:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Chad had TJ. AJ has been our entire offense a lot of years.

I wouldn't call Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu nothing. And more recently Eifert have contributed a year here or there. Add in the underrated Brandon LaFell and Boyd's good year and he has been supported a bit. But yeah there was at least one year where he had...Jerome Simpson. That was rough. 

Reply/Quote
As long as he doesn't do it against the Steelers.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 06:25 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I wouldn't call Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu nothing. And more recently Eifert have contributed a year here or there. Add in the underrated Brandon LaFell and Boyd's good year and he has been supported a bit. But yeah there was at least one year where he had...Jerome Simpson. That was rough. 

Eh, none of these guys were even close to what TJ was for us. He was consistently putting up 900-1000+ yds and always had a TON of rec’s. Didn’t he have over 100 one year?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, none of these guys were even close to what TJ was for us. He was consistently putting up 900-1000+ yds and always had a TON of rec’s. Didn’t he have over 100 one year?

112. He actually led the NFL in catches over a 3 year span IIRC. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 12:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was at that game, fully expecting a loss......needless to say, I had way more beers than I intended that day. LMAO

Is that even possible??  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 03:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 112. He actually led the NFL in catches over a 3 year span IIRC. 

I'll never forget the easy pass to him during the Dolphins game he dropped in the EZ or else he would have led the league in catches.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, none of these guys were even close to what TJ was for us. He was consistently putting up 900-1000+ yds and always had a TON of rec’s. Didn’t he have over 100 one year?

We did not throw to our TEs back then so TJ basically did their job.

From '04-'08 Houshmandzadeh averaged 88 receptions for 1012 yds and a 11.4 avg.

Great player.
Reply/Quote