Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green "My Time Is Coming"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503732/article/aj-green-on-contract-extension-my-time-is-coming

Its good to read that AJ likes being in Cincy and we will have him here long term at some point. He's one of the best WR in the league and I don't want to see him any other uniform other than ours!
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 12:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503732/article/aj-green-on-contract-extension-my-time-is-coming

Its good to read that AJ likes being in Cincy and we will have him here long term at some point. He's one of the best WR in the league and I don't want to see him any other uniform other than ours!

Completely agree. People that are willing to part ways with him act as if elite WRs grow on trees. He is a big reason why our offense has been solid over the past few seasons. When healthy, he makes a gigantic impact in 90% of the games he plays in. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 01:02 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Completely agree. People that are willing to part ways with him act as if elite WRs grow on trees. He is a big reason why our offense has been solid over the past few seasons. When healthy, he makes a gigantic impact in 90% of the games he plays in. 

Anyone who is willing to part ways with AJ is just trolling you.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 01:02 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Completely agree. People that are willing to part ways with him act as if elite WRs grow on trees. He is a big reason why our offense has been solid over the past few seasons. When healthy, he makes a gigantic impact in 90% of the games he plays in. 
Elite wide receivers do not grow on trees. However a great QB can make mediocre ones look good. But we don't have a great QB so that's moot. I would say AJ is more important to our success than Dez is to  Dallas' and DT is to Denver. I'm not necessarily saying he's better but he's more important to us than they are to their respective teams. If that makes sense.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Think this year helped prove how much we need him. Sure, there are thing I'd like for him to improve on and would like to see him win more jump balls like he used to. But he's still a consistent target, plays well, and isn't a head case.

He's a class guy all around and will continue to get better.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 01:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Anyone who is willing to part ways with AJ is just trolling you.

Agreed, anyone who thinks AJ is dispensable is an idiot. Pure and simple.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 01:59 PM)Bryan Wrote: Elite wide receivers do not grow on trees. However a great QB can make mediocre ones look good. But we don't have a great QB so that's moot. I would say AJ is more important to our success than Dez is to  Dallas' and DT is to Denver. I'm not necessarily saying he's better but he's more important to us than they are to their respective teams. If that makes sense.

Exactly.

Andy is good and has been ok without AJ in some games, but, without AJ, he doesn't have anywhere near the stats that he does, not only for the direct stats from AJ, but also how he changes the way defenses play.

AJ knows his time is coming, so hopefully we don't dick around and just offer him elite money.

It would be smart to get it done now because he'll get more expensive after we win a playoff game this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 08:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly.

Andy is good and has been ok without AJ in some games, but, without AJ, he doesn't have anywhere near the stats that he does, not only for the direct stats from AJ, but also how he changes the way defenses play.

AJ knows his time is coming, so hopefully we don't dick around and just offer him elite money.

It would be smart to get it done now because he'll get more expensive after we win a playoff game this season.

So far AJ has been a complete let down!!!!!!!!!  A TOTAL non factor..............  ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 02:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Think this year helped prove how much we need him. Sure, there are thing I'd like for him to improve on and would like to see him win more jump balls like he used to. But he's still a consistent target, plays well, and isn't a head case.

He's a class guy all around and will continue to get better.

Agree, if he has a weakness it's playing a little to soft at times. I fully believe he's very capable of being up there in the best of all time conversations if he can turn that corner.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, if he has a weakness it's playing a little to soft at times. I fully believe he's very capable of being up there in the best of all time conversations if he can turn that corner.

Best of all time conversations? He's not even top 5 in the league right now. AJ is great but come on.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:51 AM)Utts Wrote: Best of all time conversations? He's not even top 5 in the league right now. AJ is great but come on.

I never said he was top 5 in the league. I said he has the potential to be mentioned among the best. If he can learn to play more physical.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:51 AM)Utts Wrote: Best of all time conversations? He's not even top 5 in the league right now. AJ is great but come on.

Well, when looking at the best of all time his name is right in the top 5 among numerous categories.

Obviously this is going off of their first 4 seasons, but still. Throw in the fact he's missed games too.

Green has the potential to be one of the greats. No one can deny that.
Reply/Quote
Some fun facts from NFL.com

A.J. Green has been spectacular in his first 4 NFL seasons. Green and Randy Moss are the only two players to record four 1,000 yard receiving seasons to begin their careers. Green�s 4,874 receiving yards in his first 4 NFL seasons ranks 4th in NFL history, behind only Randy Moss (5,396), Torry Holt (5,088) and Jerry Rice (4,881). His 329 receptions are 3rd-best, behind only Anquan Boldin (342) and Larry Fitzgerald (330).

He is on pace, key word here is pace, to be one of the greatest of all time.
Reply/Quote

The only receivers I put above AJ are Calvin Johnson (for now) and maybe Dez. Who do you have up there?
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2015, 01:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Anyone who is willing to part ways with AJ is just trolling you.

This.

The people who think it will happen are crazy or do not pay attention.
The Bengals FO will get another great deal done as MB always takes care of his star skill players.
Reply/Quote

First his stats show that he is up there with the best statistically all time for his time in the league thus far.  Secondly, who are the 5 WR's in the league that are better than him right now??  I could see maybe 3 or 4 but I dont see how he is not a top 5 WR. 

Shoot they are even talking about Hines Ward potentially being a hall of famer in a couple of years.  This is a guy (Hines) who was never top 5 at their position and was outplayed most of his career by Chad Johnson who will not get into the hall of fame.  If AJ keeps up his current pace he is a for sure 1st ballot hall of famer.  What else do you want from the guy?
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2015, 12:52 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: First his stats show that he is up there with the best statistically all time for his time in the league thus far.  Secondly, who are the 5 WR's in the league that are better than him right now??  I could see maybe 3 or 4 but I dont see how he is not a top 5 WR. 

Shoot they are even talking about Hines Ward potentially being a hall of famer in a couple of years.  This is a guy (Hines) who was never top 5 at their position and was outplayed most of his career by Chad Johnson who will not get into the hall of fame.  If AJ keeps up his current pace he is a for sure 1st ballot hall of famer.  What else do you want from the guy?

Are they giving out HOF votes for cheap shots now?

Dude was as dirty of a player as they come.........  be a shame to see him in the Hall, but he is a Steeler, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Reply/Quote

I'll call you on it, AJ is definitely a top 5 WR in the league.
Reply/Quote
I always thought I was one of A.J.'s biggest supporters around, but I guess I'll probably catch some heat for this, and apparently this is going to make me a troll...

I'd consider parting ways with him IF the price is right.

Get a top 10 QB on this team in whatever manner you need to get it done and our need for an elite receiver goes down by quite a bit. Now, I'd rather have say Rivers + AJ or Romo + AJ than those QBs without him, but what I'm saying is that getting a top QB could lessen the blow and let us spend money elsewhere.

Whether we like it or not, receivers are seemingly coming out of college pro ready at a higher level and higher rate than ever before, at least that I can remember.

I'm not trying to say that I'd let AJ walk without trying to lock him up, but if a team came at us trying to trade an entire draft for him or a QB prospect + picks or top WR prospect + picks or a proven 6-10 QB, I'd definitely at least think about it and it wouldn't be a slam dunk "no".
Reply/Quote
My Top 5:
1. Demaryius
2. Antonio
3. Dez
4. Julio
5. Calvin

FWIW, 6-8:
6. T.Y.
7. A.J.
8. Odell

You can make a rational argument for A.J. for top 5, but for now I have him at #7. Given better QB play, a balanced offense, and 16-games who knows what he could do.
Reply/Quote