Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green On Dunlap's Penalty
Quote:Katherine Terrell
ESPN Staff Writer

A.J. Green basically laughed and rolled his eyes when discussing Carlos Dunlap roughing the passer penalty. "That was was not roughing the passer. I understand Andrew Luck missed a couple of games, but, he didn't drive him back down like that. He could've killed him. But he didn't. But ... it got Carlos fired up. He came back out there and got a sack. Joe (Mixon) was out there acting crazy. We got those two guys going crazy and we just feed off their energy."

Definitely a stupid call that almost cost us the game, and not to mention that they missed more obvious calls that should have been made on the Colts against Dalton.

I love that he mentioned Mixon and is including the defense in talking about the energy of the team!

They'e all going to feed off of each other all year long!
Reply/Quote
Absolutely lost my shit after that penalty.

Even the one where he fell forward and just happened to hit Luck on the way down... just horseshit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
That was without a doubt one of the worst roughing the passer calls I've ever witnessed ! Awful

Yet Dalton gets slammed with a helmet to helmet shot......crickets. Dalton got facemasked in 1st qtr......nothing.

And AJ Green took a helmet shot while lying on the ground........nothing.
Reply/Quote
Some of the worst calls I have seen in a while (Dunlap twice and WJ3 on that TD) and the other games I have been keeping an eye on have had these horrible calls as well (That Myles Garret penalty on Ben and Alex Smith got a roughing the passer because he was on the ground untouched and a defender jumped on him).

Really hope this isn't what football is gonna be this year but so far these calls are ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely lost my shit after that penalty.

Even the one where he fell forward and just happened to hit Luck on the way down... just horseshit.

Did anyone see the Watt hit on Tyrod Tylor? Williams deserved his ejection, Watts was worse and no ejection. Did anyone else see the hit Watt hit on Taylor?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That was without a doubt one of the worst roughing the passer calls I've ever witnessed ! Awful

Yet Dalton gets slammed with a helmet to helmet shot......crickets. Dalton got facemasked in 1st qtr......nothing.

And AJ Green took a helmet shot while lying on the ground........nothing.
Green received same hit delivered on Luck by #53, I almost broke the TV screen. Dalton get smacked in the head on 3rd down incompletion killing drive like you stated.
I know at least one other ejection that should have happened, Watt on Taylor.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely lost my shit after that penalty.

Yeah, I was yelling at the TV.

He didn't drive Luck into the ground.

What is he supposed to do?
Reply/Quote
Completely agree with AJ here. Total bs call. Glad it didn’t cost us the game.

55 better be watching these games closely...

Reply/Quote
Target on our back. Need to play smart.
Reply/Quote
Load of shit. Andrew Luck is a really big dude. He's around 240 and does not like to go to the ground, even for his own good. How are you supposed to tackle a guy like that gently?
Reply/Quote
Again, we beat 2 teams today. Colts and Refs.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
NFL mentality going in. Protect Andrew Luck and do whatever with Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Rich Eisen's comment on Dunlaps straight up hit.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, I was yelling at the TV.

He didn't drive Luck into the ground.

What is he supposed to do?

It was damn near a textbook tackle. If what he did is illegal there's no more hitting the QB. Well certain QB's, Dalton is chopped liver and a freebie.
Reply/Quote
Who was the announcer who kept defending everything that went the Colts way and complained when a call went the Bengals way?
Reply/Quote
The foot tackle by Dunlap was also called roughing the passing. What a joke.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:13 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Who was the announcer who kept defending everything that went the Colts way and complained when a call went the Bengals way?

James Lofton.

He's a dreadful commentator; he did the Bengals Lions game last year and was simply awful.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Good. Call the refs out when we win, that way people have to take notice as it's not like its sour grapes
Reply/Quote
They really tried to give Indy the game today, Good story golden boy comes back to beat the bully team from the south. I get it but terrible call.
Reply/Quote
Really horrible calls today. I’m very concerned about the NFL
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote