Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green' Season
This has easily been AJ's most inconsistent season. He's still great but it seems he has been more frustrated and unfocused than ever before. I'm worried that he too is becoming disenfranchised with the organization. We have seen this with other great players who get tired of MBs ways. I know he is very different than Dillon, Pickens etc but as a fan I'm soooooo frustrated I cannot even imagine how AJ feels when watching all of the mismanagement that occurs.
Reply/Quote
Absent dramatic changes, AJ will quit ( Barry Sanders) or won't sign the next contract.

Dunlop and Geno should also pursue other options
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course AJ is frustrated, we are all frustrated. This is why we need to clean house.

Bet you anything if we did this there would be a whole new positive vibe going on around here with players and fans alike.

Marv and PA have pretty much mailed in the last two seasons with their ineptness and we still won 6 games.
Reply/Quote
They aren't likely to Let AJ get away anytime soon.... But he needs to focus on what hes doing make sure hes doing what hes suppose to every play and things will work out for him and the offense.

While the season has been frustrating I can think of at least 15 million reasons this year he should be completely focused.
Reply/Quote
Why should he be frustrated?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 04:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why should he be frustrated?

Because both he and the offense aren't living up to their potential...
Reply/Quote

Because there is more than a 0% chance Marvin Lewis is the coach next year? I mean, I can't speak for AJ Green, but I think people realize Mike Brown isn't as interested in winning football games as other owners.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 04:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Because both he and the offense aren't living up to their potential...
Living up to potential my arse.

The only players on that offense that are ABOVE average at their positions, are AJ Green. that's it. Joe mixon MAYBE next year. maybe.

OL - bottom 3 in the league
QB - Average
#2 Rec - Below average
#3 rec - below average
#2 RB - Average
OC - below average

Aj green is the only player on our offense that is above average. He has a right to be flustered. I loved it when his anger boiled over and he beat up Jalen Ramsey.

Maybe one day he'll beat up Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
I'm quite sure AJ's frustration has played a part in his inconsistency this season. I can't say I blame him or any of the others !

Mike Brown tanked this season before it even began and I'm sure deep down they all knew it.
Reply/Quote
Ehhh..I'm not a football forum psychologist so I'm not going to speculate about his thoughts on the team. He's paid really good to run and catch the ball, not to manage the team or toss every emotion known to man out there for fan consumption..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm quite sure AJ's frustration has played a part in his inconsistency this season. I can't say I blame him or any of the others !

Mike Brown tanked this season before it even began and I'm sure deep down they all knew it.

Okay guys... REALISTICALLY   if we combined our 50 year history into 1 season... Did we expect a good outcome  lol   NO.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 05:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm quite sure AJ's frustration has played a part in his inconsistency this season. I can't say I blame him or any of the others !

I don't think he tanked he just doesn't know what he is doing. If we we're tanking I would think there would have traded a lot of players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What surprises me is he was injury free this year and still could not put up his normal numbers. The Oline did not give Dalton enough time to find AJ open. We now know how important a good Oline can be.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I get he's frustrated. We all are. But I don't drop 2-3 beers during a game? He should focus on AJ and find a way to fix it (Marvin - Hard Knocks).

Reply/Quote

QB that is highly inconsistent and throws out of bounds more often than not when he's running wide open down the sidelines.
Inferior coaching staff with an inferior game plan more often than not.
His team sucks. 
Plays for a franchise that is is considered one of the worst in all of sports.

Shall I continue?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 04:35 PM)Gohards Wrote: Living up to potential my arse.

The only players on that offense that are ABOVE average at their positions, are AJ Green. that's it. Joe mixon MAYBE next year. maybe.

OL - bottom 3 in the league
QB - Average
#2 Rec - Below average
#3 rec - below average
#2 RB - Average
OC - below average

Aj green is the only player on our offense that is above average. He has a right to be flustered. I loved it when his anger boiled over and he beat up Jalen Ramsey.

Maybe one day he'll beat up Mike Brown.

I still think Bernard deserves more love. (I agree with the overall sentiment of the post though. Hope your arse finds his potential.)
Reply/Quote
Id be mad too if my QB threw deep bombs out of bounds when I'm wide open with my defender 40 feet behind me bevause I burnt his ass on the line of scrimmage
Reply/Quote
This is a season he would like to forget about, as I would I.....hoping he comes back to AJ form in 2018...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 02:05 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Absent dramatic changes, AJ will quit ( Barry Sanders) or won't sign the next contract.

Dunlop and Geno should also pursue other options

Oh my God, it's DunlAp. DunlAp. Not DunlOp. How are there still Bengals fans saying this?

(12-30-2017, 11:39 AM)Housh Wrote: Id be mad too if my QB threw deep bombs out of bounds when I'm wide open with my defender 40 feet behind me bevause I burnt his ass on the line of scrimmage

That's happened a grand total of 0 times. Yes, Dalton has had issues with throwing deep passes out of bounds this year, but I've never seen Green that wide open either.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Oh my God, it's DunlAp. DunlAp. Not DunlOp. How are there still Bengals fans saying this?

That's happened a grand total of 0 times. Yes, Dalton has had issues with throwing deep passes out of bounds this year, but I've never seen Green that wide open either.

Not to mention Dalton has hit AJ right in the hands a few times on deep passes, only to see him drop the ball. Guess that's on Andy, too.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote