Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
AJ Green hurt; Will miss 6-8 weeks
(07-27-2019, 07:11 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Boyd has officially become the #1 WR for the Cin. Bengals in the active roster. Amazing!

Honestly, based on last year's offense, the top WR was whichever WR was running out of the slot.  It sounds like they are designing some more creative ways of distributing the ball this year.  And the AJ injury shows why that is so important.  They have to use every asset they have to the best of their abilities.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 12:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  But, statistically he was at his best his 1st 5 years in the league.

Green's numbers from last year were almost identical to his numbers from his 4th and 5th seasons.

………...2018...….'14/'15
yd/rec...15.1...…..15.1
yd/gm...77.1...…..80.6
td/gm....0.67...…..0.55
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 11:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just a friendly reminder that name calling and making posts that attack another user are serious violations of the Code of Conduct.  Violations of this type are not taken lightly by the Bengals Board Staff, as they are not only disruptive to normal discussion, they create ill sentiments among normally peaceful members of the board community.

We STILL need a banhammer emoji!  WHOOSH!  WHOOSH!  WHOOSH!

Seriously, guys.  I get being cynical and grumpy at this point.  I do.  But let's not attack each other over this and let's not say the world is ending until that meteorite is in clear view.  

Let me offer a little perspective:

Our top WR just got an injury that sounds like, worse case, he might miss 4-6 weeks.  That's worse case, as I have heard.  I could be wrong and it could be less, but it isn't something that will cost him his season.

Can you imagine (and there is a VERY realistic possibility something like this could happen) if Baker Mayfield tears his ACL in practice or the first game of the season?  With all the hype surrounding that team?  They would be DONE, instantly.  Done.  Ditto KC and Pat Mahommes.  Almost every team is one critical injury away from being done.  Usually at the QB position.  Dalton has had a couple seasons now where he missed time, but for the most part, he has held up very well.  As long as he is taking snaps, this team has a chance.

People will take shots at Ross, but this is the offense and the fresh start he has been waiting for.  Uzo was extended, and we have a healthy Eifert, and a rookie with a lot of promise in Sample.  We have Mixon and Gio, but added two studs that we got in the late rounds.  Outside of Ross, Boyd, Eifert, Mixon, and Gio in the passing game, they also have Erickson, who might be the most underrated player on our roster.  If AJ is out for a while, he becomes the slot and Boyd moves outside.  I don't have a lot of optimism in Core and Malone, but they might also shine with a fresh start...and then there is the unique Auden Tate.  

This team is not DONE without AJ.  Far from it.  The offense died last year because of a predictable scheme, losing Eifert, Green, and Dalton...not just Green.  As I understand it, this offense will use all their weapons and not be so reliant on one guy as we were in the past.  

Keep your heads up, and release your venom where it belongs...at pittsburg.  
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 01:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, but if ranking I like ranking on results (facts) versus would have, could have, but did not due to any reason.

Unusual approach for this place. We love to blame Marvin, the OL, the OC, etc for holding Dalton back.

Guess AJ doesn’t get the same benefit...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 01:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I would put Dalton in the same tier as Ryan and Stafford.

Ryan is an MVP that took his team to the Super Bowl, Dalton and Stafford don’t belong in the same tier as him.

Reply/Quote
AJ Green doesn’t really need all this training camp stuff at this point in his career.After his ankle is healed,say maybe 4 weeks or so,then he will be ready for some practice,and be ready to go.He will come in fresh.The down time at his age will be good for him.I’m predicting that he will come back refreshed and hungry and have a big year.This could be a blessing in disguise.
Reply/Quote
Yeah AJ will be fine. Its probably better to get younger guys more reps.
Reply/Quote
Came to get an update on AJ, another Dalton thread breaks out. Take that shit to the mega thread FFS.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 03:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Came to get an update on AJ, another Dalton thread breaks out. Take that shit to the mega thread FFS.

My bad Wyche just trying to prove a point I'm done though lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 03:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Cling to those stats...Fact is defenses slant coverage toward AJ Green because they never want to give him one on one matchups why? Because hes Dangerous.

Wanna see stats fail to paint a true picture? Who is a better passer Andy Dalton or Cam Newton stats say one thing tape shows another.

Defenses do that for other top WR's like Brown, OBJ, Hopkins, Julio Jones, etc. too.

Plus, we've generally had decent #2 and #3 guys and good RB's and TE's.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a low ankle sprain and he'll be kept out of the preseason but hopefully back for game 1.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/7/28/8933994/nfl-injury-news-a-j-green-bengals-camp-2019?fbclid=IwAR0psyFSbVGCPUJ5rhxsNkWBEVbHoxZMsUeSHYY1TluCMo8RTYYrQoJBOTM
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton has had 1 good season. 3 average and 4 bad when comparing his qb rating to the 32 starter in the
league.

He gets the advantage of having his playoff qb rating worth the same value as his regular season games,
which is unfair, because playoff games should be worth far more that regular season games. This means
that if you actually made playoff games worth at least twice a regular season game then Dalton would
have even worse rankings.

This Green injury is just another excuse for why Dalton will struggle this season. The injuries are
piling up on the offensive line and now wide receiver. I can just imagine when Eifert goes down with an
injury how much more excuses the Dalton defenders will have to explain his inconsistent and below
average play.

We can already predict them now. It's the offensive line being bad. It's the wide receivers dropping
balls. It's the injuries. It's the fact he has a new coach and offensive coordinator to get used to. He
needs a few more below average seasons with these new coaches to develop the chemistry with them before
we can do a proper evaluation. By that time he'll be going into his 12th season with us.

You can hear the Dalton excuse train starting up. It's already gaining steam and the season isn't even
close to starting. The conductor has boarded the Dalton excuse train and hes firing up those engines.
The Dalton excuse train is starting down the tracks. Choo Choo here it comes.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
Per Schefter: Torn ligaments will miss 6-8 weeks and not be ready at start of season.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1155559497718489090?s=21
Reply/Quote
Here.

We.

Go.
Reply/Quote
Just shoot me in the balls.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
6-8 weeks now. Another setback during the recovery period, sees the field around week 8, re injures himself. Done for the year.

I’ve read this book before.

Edit.....I stand by my 2 win prediction.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Smh at least it isnt the whole season.

Absolutely idiotic for them to practice on that field period, let alone it being the very first one.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 04:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Smh at least it isnt the whole season.

Absolutely idiotic for them to practice on that field period, let alone it being the very first one.

So AJ landing on Dre's foot is dependent on the field they're running on?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
8 weeks would put him back for the Bill's game week 3 or Steelers week 4. Which isnt to bad not great missing 2 or 3 games but hopefully he heals up fast and is back to 100%.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2019, 04:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So AJ landing on Dre's foot is dependent on the field they're running on?

Possibly, I dont know neither do you. Practicing on a crap field to kick off training camp just to appease people somewhere is dumb regardless.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote