Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green retires
(02-06-2023, 05:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That would be the classy move (if he even wants it).

I loved Dalton and appreciate his play here, but imagine how good Green could have been if he had a quarterback with a better long ball.

If I remember correctly, AJ wanted Dalton when they asked who we should draft to be his QB, so not like he's the victim, but it is disappointing to think how good he could have been with better QB play.

Well, tbf the choices weren’t great. Outside of Cam and Dalton that was an absolutely terrible QB class. Jake Locker, Blain Gabbert, and Christian Ponder all went in the 1st round that year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That would be the classy move (if he even wants it).

I loved Dalton and appreciate his play here, but imagine how good Green could have been if he had a quarterback with a better long ball.

If I remember correctly, AJ wanted Dalton when they asked who we should draft to be his QB, so not like he's the victim, but it is disappointing to think how good he could have been with better QB play.

Also, circling back to this, Dalton had plenty of faults, but he was actually a pretty good deep ball passer most of the time tbh.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Was fun to Watch.   The Anti-Diva Receiver...   

Thank you for your time in Stripes  AJ

That is so rare in WRs and for Green to be that good and play on some disappointing teams and never stopped being a pro. 

So much talent and so much fun to watch, would love to have seen him in an offense like this one with Burrow under center in his prime. Guy would have been amazing to watch.

Cheers to him on an amazing career.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, tbf the choices weren’t great. Outside of Cam and Dalton that was an absolutely terrible QB class. Jake Locker, Blain Gabbert, and Christian Ponder all went in the 1st round that year.
But I almost wonder if it would have been better to wait and just sign a free agent QB and then wait until the 2012 draft to take a QB because that class was loaded: Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Wilson, etc..
(02-06-2023, 05:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, circling back to this, Dalton had plenty of faults, but he was actually a pretty good deep ball passer most of the time tbh.

He got better after working with Hous but he still didn't have a great deep ball and AJ had to slow down a lot when Dalton threw deep. I remember so many times where AJ had a step or two but had to slow down and let the DB catch up.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:13 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Great player and a great Bengals player.   As other mentioned it's too bad injuries caught up with him when they did but he is a clear RoH member.   For some reason this thread made me remember that time he got into a fight with Jalen Ramsey when they played the Jaguars in 2017.  I'm not sure why that came to mind but I think it was it was because it was so unexpected given AJ's character.

I remember that too lol.

Guy never broke except for that one time. Never talked about himself or made himself the center of things, was always the ultimate team first guy. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's Jamar Chase with less speed but better hands. Truly an amazing reciever. Loved how humble he was as an athlete.

A.J. was more like Tee than Ja'Marr. 6'4 go up and get it frame, great hands and body control.

Happy for A.J. but bummed, I hate seeing the good ones have to call it a career.
Reply/Quote
I wanted nothing to do with a WR early in the first round in the 2011 draft until I saw film of him at UGA
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Who threw AJ his first TD pass will probably be a Bengals trivia question for years to come.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 06:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who threw AJ his first TD pass will probably be a Bengals trivia question for years to come.

Gradkowski? I think Andy went out injured

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 06:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who threw AJ his first TD pass will probably be a Bengals trivia question for years to come.

Brrruuuucccceeee!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gradkowski? I think Andy went out injured

(02-06-2023, 06:39 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Brrruuuucccceeee!!!!

Yep.

Reply/Quote
AJ was maybe the most fluid WR I've seen. He made everything look almost effortless. Such a class act too. AJ was a guy you could be proud to have on your team. The consummate pro, unbelievable talent, just got the injury bug late in his career. Before that, wow. Happy retirement AJ! Thanks for the entertainment you provided in Cincy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gradkowski? I think Andy went out injured

Yep and it was his first reception and first TD, went 41 yards. Nice way to start a career. Note I cheated and looked it up. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

It was a quick snap play.  Caught the Clowns trying to sub and AJ was uncovered.  The most Clown thing ever...next to shelling out a quarter of a billion to a sexual predator who sucks.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 07:01 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: It was a quick snap play.  Caught the Clowns trying to sub and AJ was uncovered.  The most Clown thing ever...next to shelling out a quarter of a billion to a sexual predator who sucks.

Funnily enough, Joe Haden was really the only CB in the division that could ever shut AJ down.

Reply/Quote
He had a great career, wish he got a ring.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 07:08 PM)phil413 Wrote: He had a great career, wish he got a ring.

Hell, I just wished he'd won a playoff game

Reply/Quote
Totally loved AJ Green as a player but was lucky enough to meet his H.S. coach and wow what he told me about AJ as a person and supporter of his High School, I gained more respect for him... Was on track to be a NFL HOF but injuries did him in.. at least he will on our Ring of Honor in the short future im sure.
Reply/Quote
The TD over Polamalu and Ryan Clark during his rookie season was one of the craziest plays I've ever seen. I was watching that game in a Steelers bar in Mechanicsburg, Pa. Every Steelers fan in the house dropped their jaw. I was also at his (l believe ) career best game vs the Steelers in 2014.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My favorite TD with AJ ever in 2015 i was in Baltimore for this win.. Who Dey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAubWDTsjyI
Reply/Quote