Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ Green retires
AJ came to Cincinnati after a 4-12 year and the team lost Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, and Terrell Owens amongst others. The message board was in full melt down mode and a sig bet was made that said there was no way the Bengals could win 4 games again.

AJ Green promptly helped turn the team around and guide the Bengals go to the playoffs in his first season.

Dude is a Bengals legend in my book !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 07:01 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: It was a quick snap play.  Caught the Clowns trying to sub and AJ was uncovered.  The most Clown thing ever...next to shelling out a quarter of a billion to a sexual predator who sucks.

I was screaming at the TV for them to snap the damn ball. I remember that TD vividly.
Reply/Quote
One thing I’ll remember about AJ is he never sold Andy Dalton down the river even when it was obvious Dalton wasn’t the QB to take AJ over the top. Now AJ did sign an extension early that kept him here so i kinda have little empathy but i think we can all agree AJ has way better stats if he was with another QB. Dalton would literally see AJ with a step and a half on his man and he would still throw it out of bounds.

I never really forgave Dalton for those deep out of bounds throws because to me it meant he was playing for stats.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
class act and will always try and remember him during the Dalton era as the ultimate high point deep threat safety valve he was and not that last season where he looked over weight and uninterested to play with jB.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He's Jamar Chase with less speed but better hands. Truly an amazing reciever. Loved how humble he was as an athlete.

AJ’s hands were freaking amazing. Even better than Chad’s. Reason i won’t put him over Chad is Chad had hands AND feet. Chad made sideline catches that i just can’t imagine. I don’t think there’s a WR today that’s catching the sideline passes Chad used to catch in his sleep.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: THAT DAMN SHITTY FIELD IN DAYTON 

On behalf of all Daytonians, we humbly apologize.  On the bright side, we haven't ruined a single Bengal's season in the 42 months since.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 05:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That would be the classy move (if he even wants it).

I loved Dalton and appreciate his play here, but imagine how good Green could have been if he had a quarterback with a better long ball.

If I remember correctly, AJ wanted Dalton when they asked who we should draft to be his QB, so not like he's the victim, but it is disappointing to think how good he could have been with better QB play.

Actually i read where during there run of 5 playoffs, Dalton ranked well on the deep pass, perception eye of the bolder i guess.  

In the end Dalton and Green had a nice duo.. to me it is less about the deep ball but imagine if Green/Dalton had Boyd and Higgins for 3 years together, what that AJ might have accomplished,
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 04:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
End of an era. He was always a class act, and certainly one of the best players we’ve ever had. Top 5 favorite Bengal for me.

I agree

I still wear his #18 white jersey proudly
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I was a season ticket holder for a long time before I moved to Florida. I will never forget the crowd when AJ went deep down the right sideline. The crowd saw him open before AD it seemed, instant buzz of noise.

TY for the memories AJ, class act and great WR.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the memories AJ. Gave me some good times watching the great man.
Reply/Quote
Enjoyed watching AJ as a rookie all the way through his final year with us. Made many catches where you would say wow. Enjoy your family. It was fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually i read where during there run of 5 playoffs, Dalton ranked well on the deep pass, perception eye of the bolder i guess.  

In the end Dalton and Green had a nice duo.. to me it is less about the deep ball but imagine if Green/Dalton had Boyd and Higgins for 3 years together, what that AJ might have accomplished,

You'll have to show me that stat and I guess it depends on what you mean by "deep ball" because I remember multiple discussions and videos on the previous board about Dalton struggling to throw the deep ball and AJ having to slow down (or almost completely stop sometimes) because Dalton under-threw him.
Reply/Quote
Glad that he goes out with some dignity (his last game, even though his season was the worst in his career) and glad that he was prominent and awesome in his time with us.

I'd put him #2 behind Chad, with Chase to supersede both (if he remains healthy) and Higgins to be a shade below (or on par with Green), depending on how long he sticks with us.

I will say this: AJ was never my favourite WR when he was with us, but I was beyond thankful that we had him and all of his wonderful catches put gargantuan smiles on my face.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton made a lot of money throwing it up to AJ. AJ was a special player. Happy we had him.
Reply/Quote
Lets see if the Bengals can get him in on a 1 Day deal to retire here
Reply/Quote
Lots and lots of great football memories with AJ when he was a Bengal. No drama, class act all the way. Congrats to him on his retirement. Hope he retires on a one day contract as a Bengal, as has been mentioned.

He made Andy better. But, Andy made him better, too.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47z3rf2wrcz02g2ny5iq9...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 11:25 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Lots and lots of great football memories with AJ when he was a Bengal. No drama, class act all the way. Congrats to him on his retirement. Hope he retires on a one day contract as a Bengal, as has been mentioned.

He made Andy better. But, Andy made him better, too.

That’s a bit much. There’s a reason AJ was drafted 4th overall.

Reply/Quote
Pretty sad how this turned into a Dalton thread

And of course Nicomo is constantly fueling it
Reply/Quote
My favorite AJ Green moment was when he choked and beat Jalen Ramseys ass....
Reply/Quote