Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ McCarron Does It.
This is dumb thread. Stop it.
Reply/Quote
I think it's time to look for a QB in the draft Andy stinks. He eyes his WR and if the play is designed to go to a guy he grips in rips no matter what if theres 3 guys there or not.

MY TOP 3 QB'S TO DRAFT

Baker Mayfield
Kurt Benkurt
Luke Falk
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:05 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Green was out there with McCarron.  So was GIo (rushing TD, remember?) yet he still had a 50% completion percentage and a crappier yards per attempt.

McCarron is no better than Dalton.

Want a different QB than Dalton?  Fine.  But get a BETTER one.

What evidence do you have that Dalton is better than McCarron? You cannot deny that McCarron had the Steelers game won in the playoff before Hill fumbled. We were never that close with Dalton at QB against any of the teams he faced in the playoffs. That’s truth.

MCCarron took the Bengals into overtime against the best defense in the NFL that dismantled Brady and embarrassed Cam Newton to go on and win the Super Bowl.

People want to criticize McCarron and say he only won at Alabama because of his surrounding team and then the very same people make excuses for Dalton because of his surrounding team.

McCarron has way better stats in college and is flat out a better QB than Andy is period, point blank. Does that make AJ a hall of famer...no, but Andy is flat out garbage and would be out of this league if he played for any other team, like most of the garbage players in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
#triggered
Reply/Quote
We need to draft a QB in the first.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:25 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: What evidence do you have that Dalton is better than McCarron?  You cannot deny that McCarron had the Steelers game won in the playoff before Hill fumbled.  We were never that close with Dalton at QB against any of the teams he faced in the playoffs.  That’s truth.  

MCCarron took the Bengals into overtime against the best defense in the NFL that dismantled Brady and embarrassed Cam Newton to go on and win the Super Bowl.  

People want to criticize McCarron and say he only won at Alabama because of his surrounding team and then the very same people make excuses for Dalton because of his surrounding team.  

McCarron has way better stats in college and is flat out a better QB than Andy is period, point blank.  Does that make AJ a hall of famer...no, but Andy is flat out garbage and would be out of this league if he played for any other team, like most of the garbage players in Cincinnati.

You cannot deny that McCarron had the Steelers game won in the playoff before Hill fumbled.

Easy to deny.  Had he "had the game won" the fumble wouldn't have mattered, would it?  The team's winning percentage with AJM starting in the postseason is still 0%, which is no better than the percentage with Dalton. 

He went to overtime against the Osweiler led Broncos, but personally gave them the win with a fumbled snap.  Maybe Dalton finishes them off in regulation, lest you forget he was an early MVP candidate with the team that season.  We can't say.  Regardless, the Broncos won that game, not the Bengals.

McCarron has way better stats in college

That's some funny shit right there.  You think college numbers have somthing to do with NFL capability?  HOW does it impact anything?  But while it is a topic of conversation, how many of Dalton's teammates entered the NFL?  Virtually all of AJ's did.  Do you think that MIGHT just impact what their college resumes look like?

What a freaking joke.

Once again.  We can move on from Dalton, I won't care.  But to try and argue that AJ has outperformed him or is a better option is absolutely ludicrous.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep congrats AJ, he completed a pass on a drive that started at the 25 against the 2nd string defense. He’s the future!!!!

At lunch in a huge hospital cafeteria on a Sunday. It's pretty quiet/empty right now so when I LOL'd at this, everyone looked.

Idc tho. Thanks for the laugh.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:13 PM)motoarch Wrote: This is dumb thread. Stop it.

I'm not sure which is worse, this thread or the one saying Marvin is staying with the Bengals but moving up to GM. JFC.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well, I must post this cause I know the recognition is not coming for AJ McCarron. I must say he played really well and it took him to get us on the Board. Without him we would have zero points. Thanks AJ for getting us out of Minnesota with at least 7 on the Board.

AJ didn’t do anything special. I like the kid, and I think he could wind up being a good starter in his league. However, judging his play at slop time is a pointless endeavor.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
You forgot to mention he has the lazy man beard, the kind when you're not going to work for a week or so and then you're suddenly called in and no time to shave but oh well.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:44 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We need to draft a QB in the first.

Shouldve did that this last go around...

Anyways Marv already said that Andy WILL start the last two games.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair; both AJ and Andy threw TD passes today.

Hmmmmm.....and I thought Bernard scored that TD.  Someone musta spiked my Powerade with LSD!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
McCarron is a nobody. If you're replacing Dalton, trade him for picks and draft a new QB. Blow the whole damn thing up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Zimmer was going to let his pal Marv get shut out so they could have let anyone play QB at that point and they would have scored.. Hell, the kicker could have thrown one in..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
AJM will be a Cleveland Brown after two more games.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:03 PM)Big Boss Wrote: McCarron is a nobody.  If you're replacing Dalton, trade him for picks and draft a new QB.  Blow the whole damn thing up.

Yup. I didn't see anything but an overthrow of Malone...a completion over the middle...his own near INT, and handing the ball off.  In other words, the same EXACT game as Dalton.

If you go away from 14....draft a QB or trade for one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: AJM will be a Cleveland Brown after two more games.

They're insane if they pass on Josh Rosen for McCarron.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep congrats AJ, he completed a pass on a drive that started at the 25 against the 2nd string defense. He’s the future!!!!

Not to mention against a prevent defense that wasn't blitzing. Yes the second coming of another mediocre QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:23 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I think it's time to look for a QB in the draft Andy stinks. He eyes his WR and if the play is designed to go to a guy he grips in rips no matter what if theres 3 guys there or not.

MY TOP 3 QB'S TO DRAFT

Baker Mayfield
Kurt Benkurt
Luke Falk

No the team has to fix the o line which hasn't be able to run or pass block this year. Last year they could pass block but the run blocking was horrible. Drafting a QB is a big mistake which this team is dumb enough to do as evident with the fan base.

Zimmer showed can win with less than average QB with a powerful run game and excellent o line play. How blind can all of you be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
After the Ravens game Marvin Lewis says "GOODBYE!" and drives home to Pittsburgh.
Mike Brown retires and hands Katie the keys to the stadium.
Katie hires a GM.
The new GM hires a new Head Coach.
The new GM and Head Coach fire the entire coaching staff.
Mike Brown tries to come out of retirement because Katie is destroying his legacy but suddenly goes missing.
The new GM, Head Coach and coaching staff evaluate every player.
The new GM calls up Cleveland and says, "For your first round pick you can have Dalton!"
Cleveland jumps on the trade and drafts the best QB with the number one pick.
McCarron starts all next year to let the rookie sit for a bit, McCarron is only ok.
Cincinnati signs McCarron to a two year deal then trades him for picks in 2019.
Bengals win 37 Super Bowls in a row.
Reply/Quote