Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AJ McCarron Does It.
Well, I must post this cause I know the recognition is not coming for AJ McCarron. I must say he played really well and it took him to get us on the Board. Without him we would have zero points. Thanks AJ for getting us out of Minnesota with at least 7 on the Board.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well, I must post this cause I know the recognition is not coming for AJ McCarron.  I must say he played really well and it took him to get us on the Board.  Without him we would have zero points.  Thanks AJ for getting us out of Minnesota with at least 7 on the Board.

Yep congrats AJ, he completed a pass on a drive that started at the 25 against the 2nd string defense. He’s the future!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well, I must post this cause I know the recognition is not coming for AJ McCarron.  I must say he played really well and it took him to get us on the Board.  Without him we would have zero points.  Thanks AJ for getting us out of Minnesota with at least 7 on the Board.

He got the ball on the 25 after a Bridgewater INT.  Pretty sure we would have had points had the starter ended up with the ball then.

McCarron put up the same 50% completion percentage and a lesser yards per attempt going against.  How can you say recognition is deserved?
Reply/Quote
We can has Souper Bowllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We can has Souper Bowllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Nah, but we can have a Marvin going away party at PBS next week, which aint shabby.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We can has Souper Bowllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Campbells?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Campbells?

Campbell’s chicken noodle soup!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, but we can have a Marvin going away party at PBS next week, which aint shabby.

That is a Bengals fan's Souper Bowlllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

To be fair; both AJ and Andy threw TD passes today.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Campbells?

It's the only kind a Bengals team will get close to.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be fair; both AJ and Andy threw TD passes today.

Only Andy did.  AJ handed it to Gio.
Reply/Quote
Funny how people get so triggered with AJM.

But in my opinion, we will never know how good or how bad he would be here. Until he is given a full offseason as the starter getting starter reps, and gets quite a few games under his belt after that, who knows. Otherwise he is a good backup to have.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Only Andy did.  AJ handed it to Gio.

My bad, should have said responsible for TDs today. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Stop the madness
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He got the ball on the 25 after a Bridgewater INT.  Pretty sure we would have had points had the starter ended up with the ball then.

McCarron put up the same 50% completion percentage and a lesser yards per attempt going against.  How can you say recognition is deserved?

Who was the running back for McCarron on 90% of his snaps. How many plays did AJ have Green?

Do you really think Dalton’s last couple of drives that he didn’t see the same defense that McCarron saw. Especially the last few where Dalton failed to hit Bernard on an easy screen. Dalton is garbage. Just quit with your ridiculous defense of the guy. You literally have nothing to backup his horrible play. Quit with blaming everybody else, it’s the NFL and he deals with the same conditions as every other NFL QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He got the ball on the 25 after a Bridgewater INT.  Pretty sure we would have had points had the starter ended up with the ball then.

...and 3-6 over 2 drives with other backups in is way different than playing 90% of the game and going 11-22.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:58 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Who was the running back for McCarron on 90% of his snaps.  How many plays did AJ have Green?  

Do you really think Dalton’s last couple of drives that he didn’t see the same defense that McCarron saw.  Especially the last few where Dalton failed to hit Bernard on an easy screen.  Dalton is garbage.  Just quit with your ridiculous defense of the guy.  You literally have nothing to backup his horrible play.  Quit with blaming everybody else, it’s the NFL and he deals with the same conditions as every other NFL QB.

Green was out there with McCarron.  So was GIo (rushing TD, remember?) yet he still had a 50% completion percentage and a crappier yards per attempt.

McCarron is no better than Dalton.

Want a different QB than Dalton?  Fine.  But get a BETTER one.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:01 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: ...and 3-6 over 2 drives with other backups in is way different than playing 90% of the game and going 11-22.

I've stopped believing in Dalton myself.  But I do know Macaroni ain't the answer either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:01 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: ...and 3-6 over 2 drives with other backups in is way different than playing 90% of the game and going 11-22.

He had the same line and receivers...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:05 PM)McC Wrote: I've stopped believing in Dalton myself.  But I do know Macaroni ain't the answer either.

Yep, exactly where I am at this point.  AJM had his shot and looked 'meh.' Andy has never convinced me he'll be anything more than mediocre.  So, that's where we are.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote